Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th January 2010, 01:30   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
I remember the famous Tamil Comedian Janakaraj's dialogue " en pondatti oorukku poitta".

Ashwin, time for a get together with our Linea's out of TASS (wifey too not at home - what better time do we get to meet).

Good night guys, time to log-off and go home (from office). Meet you tom at TASS.
hey, my wife too isnt home tonite if i didnt have to go to VST in the morning, i would have said, lets meet now... Have you guys shifted to VST or still Concorde?
Bnz, Ihope you give me an update on your meet with Mangesh. if possible, i too would like to be in on that meeting.

Last edited by GTO : 9th February 2010 at 14:54. Reason: No more than 2 smilies per post please
rhenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 15:10   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenius View Post
hey, my wife too isnt home tonite if i didnt have to go to VST in the morning, i would have said, lets meet now... Have you guys shifted to VST or still Concorde?
Bnz, Ihope you give me an update on your meet with Mangesh. if possible, i too would like to be in on that meeting.

Madhu, we are still loyal to Concorde. Thought we will stick with them as their last couple of service were very good.

I just saw your message that you wanted a meeting with Mangesh. You could have send me a SMS today morning. When you called, i was half way to my office after meeting Mangesh.

Will post my discussion with Mangesh later.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 15:16   #108
Senior - BHPian

what about the wiper wobbling? did they tell that it is because of the motor?. are they replacing it?
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 16:45   #109
BHPian

Madhu, did you tell me and Ashwin that the Motor is responsible for the wobbling of Left wiper ?

Checked with Concorde, they say this information is baseless. If motor is the problem, both wipers should be wobbling. Is it so ?

Can you ask VST to substantiate this claim ?
Old 30th January 2010, 01:46   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Madhu, did you tell me and Ashwin that the Motor is responsible for the wobbling of Left wiper ?

Checked with Concorde, they say this information is baseless. If motor is the problem, both wipers should be wobbling. Is it so ?

Will ask VST the same. They showed it to me on all the Fiat vehicles in their service centre, including both the Lineas and the Puntos. Seems they have tried replacing the wiper blades and it is not working. They have yet to get back to me on the replacement of the wiper motor. Still on the pending list. My front left door sticker and seat height adjustor rails are in the pipeline on the warranty claim and should get done sometime next week. All in all, a good First service result, the vehicle feels lovely, and the new feel still exudes in the cabin. Took her out just now for a long drive. Came across two interesting cars, the first other FTA Linea in Chennai, it was a multijet driving down Mount Road, with a Tambaram registration and a TAFE dealer sticker!!!. Most likely the one FTA which had been on display for quiet sometime at TAFE. And the number also very similar to mine with just the last digit changing. Felt good to have two FTA lineas growling along the road. Secondly I was doing a fast stint, came across an Audi R8 and gave it the due respect it deserved, but the guy was toying with me as he had seen me coming fast, So gave him a good drive with me sticking to him for as much as possible till Gemini Flyover from Saidapet.
Old 30th January 2010, 01:49   #111
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
what about the wiper wobbling? did they tell that it is because of the motor?. are they replacing it?
Ashwin, I have replied to your question on Bnzs post. Sorry.
Old 5th February 2010, 23:19   #112
BHPian

Some pics of the Fiat dustcaps on the wheels and the Fiat Tissue box case.

Finally managed to click some pics of the two ebay items which finally reached me. I need some help while on the topic of wheels, my front two alloys are suddenly becoming very dirty and the dirt doesnt seem to be going with wiping. It seems like it is a discolouring of the alloys, but then they are ok in the back. Can someone help?
Attached Thumbnails
Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-050220101174.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-050220101176.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-050220101177.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-050220101178.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-050220101179.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 5th February 2010, 23:24   #113
Senior - BHPian

Madhu , the dust caps looks very good. even i am planning to get these. Do they have this in red color just like fiat logo. FTA will go well with blue but min is FR so i want red!!
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 00:14   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Madhu , the dust caps looks very good. even i am planning to get these. Do they have this in red color just like fiat logo. FTA will go well with blue but min is FR so i want red!!
I dont think they are available in red. These are from the old fiat logo in blue. Didnt see any options for colours when I was ordering these. But be prepared to wait for a long period of time before it reaches you. It took me more than a month and half to receive the packs.
Cheers.
Old 6th February 2010, 14:15   #115
BHPian

madhu , the dust caps looks very good and suiting well for your car colour.

Be careful with the petrol bunk guys when they fill air. Normally these guys never fit the cap back.
Old 6th February 2010, 18:17   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenius View Post
I dont think they are available in red. These are from the old fiat logo in blue. Didnt see any options for colours when I was ordering these. But be prepared to wait for a long period of time before it reaches you. It took me more than a month and half to receive the packs.
Cheers.
I got the red ones for my Linea from ebay in the uk. They look just like the ones that Sunilrj got with the exception that mine are lockable. One needs a very small size Allen Key to unlock them.
ghost_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 23:31   #117
BHPian

Quote:
madhu , the dust caps looks very good and suiting well for your car colour.

Be careful with the petrol bunk guys when they fill air. Normally these guys never fit the cap back.
I've stopped filling air at petrol pumps. Doing the nitrogen at Lals, I get down and make sure the guy puts back the dust caps after every wheel. As a matter of fact, I checked the pressure today at Lals.
Old 6th February 2010, 23:32   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
I got the red ones for my Linea from ebay in the uk. They look just like the ones that Sunilrj got with the exception that mine are lockable. One needs a very small size Allen Key to unlock them.
Can you post some pics how they look? Thanks.
Old 8th February 2010, 12:15   #119
BHPian

the link; and the image

FIAT Grande Bravo Punto 500 LOCKING VALVE DUST CAPS on eBay (end time 25-Feb-10 23:40:23 GMT)
Attached Images

ghost_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 13:09   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Looks great. Am thinking of ordering one set of these lockable dust caps as well. Secondly, have you guys seen the offer Fiat has given in todays newspapers, Order a Punto and get upgraded to a Linea, Is it Fiats way of clearing up the stocks of existing 1.4 FIRE engines so that the T-Jet gets introduced early????