Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd November 2009, 21:48   #16

Default Air intake

Guys, an update on yesterdays customer meet re air intake.

What HM/Mitsu have seen, is that when the car is driven on flooded roads, and the traffic throws waves of wash, there is an even chance that water gets into the air intake. I believe that Mitsu had to do warranty repairs on some occasions. So as a precaution they have advised all dealers to change the config during the first service.
I did show Maya Morors that the two other customer cars that had their first service done earlier to me, were NOT changed! They are going to change them too!
As to why this is not done at the factory before dispatch, the response was not clear, except that Maya Motors is checking with HM.

In any case, I have not sensed any difference in the drive.

Cheers
PbR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 01:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post

I dont think the Cedia does 100@2000rpm in 5th gear (if thats what you were talking about)
The petrol vs diesel comparison never works out. The only car that beats everything in terms of performance is the Skoda Rider 1.8TPi, but don't know if its still in production.
Well, I touched 100 at something between 2k and 2.5k RPM. This was before the first servicing and hence was ensuring that I did not cross 2.5k. Let me confirm this again and get back to you :-) This time I have a good reason to touch 100.

I agree about the petrol vs. diesel thing but I was showing options in the same price range. Don't really know the price of the Skoda.
kcnetid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 07:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
Well, I touched 100 at something between 2k and 2.5k RPM. This was before the first servicing and hence was ensuring that I did not cross 2.5k. Let me confirm this again and get back to you :-) This time I have a good reason to touch 100.
Well, my car does about 85ish@2000rpm. So maybe you hit hundred at around 2.3-2.4k rpm. But who cares, just floor it and use all the horses and forget about the rest
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
I dont think the Cedia does 100@2000rpm in 5th gear (if thats what you were talking about).
I 've done 100kpmh at 2300 rpm easily without trouble - Cruising continuously at 5th gear, with me + 1 passenger and some light luggage at the boot on Chennai-Bangalore highway. It touched 2700-3000 when I Pushed it to 125-130 kmph. It sure is possible with just the driver to do 100 k at around 2000 rpm in Cedia.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 14:20   #20
BHPian

Could you post more photos of the car interiors please? The leather looks great but all black somehow seems very dark inside. To people fighting about the merits of other cars, this ain't a comparative review so please refrain from a City Vs Cedia campaign here. We are interested in the owner's experience. Good thread on Cedia.
Delta Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 16:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Wing View Post
Could you post more photos of the car interiors please? The leather looks great but all black somehow seems very dark inside. To people fighting about the merits of other cars, this ain't a comparative review so please refrain from a City Vs Cedia campaign here. We are interested in the owner's experience. Good thread on Cedia.
Cedia Sports come with black interiors, but Cedia Spirit comes with beige interiors. You can see some pics of the beige interiors on this thread where i have also posted my first 1000km run report:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...al-report.html (My new Mitsubishi Cedia: Initial Report)
kartho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 21:52   #22

Default A quick update

Sorry guys, been out of Chennai until last week, and had not got around to taking photos - of Team-BHP stickers, interiors etc.
That said, the black interior actually does not feel dark from inside, since from eye level you are surrounded by glass, and the inside top is of a light color.

I made a quick trip during Pongal - Chennai-Mettur-Chennai. Pretty much my first long/highway drive.
Rock solid steering till 100-110kph, but (sadly) persistent steering vibrations from ~120, and the feel of the road is totally lost. Will need to check with Maya Motors later this week.

Cheers
PbR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 12:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbR2 View Post
I made a quick trip during Pongal - Chennai-Mettur-Chennai. Pretty much my first long/highway drive.
Rock solid steering till 100-110kph, but (sadly) persistent steering vibrations from ~120, and the feel of the road is totally lost. Will need to check with Maya Motors later this week.

Cheers
That needs immediate attention I guess. I have made 140 easily without any vibration / noise / loss of control whatsoever. tyres need checking first.
Old 27th January 2010, 00:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rock solid steering till 100-110kph, but (sadly) persistent steering vibrations from ~120, and the feel of the road is totally lost.
Wheel balancing required in all probability.
Have you upsized the tyres?

Please do post some snaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Civic and Cedia are both very good performers. I found Civic's steering to be a bit hard (not as responsive as cedia). I have driven both the cars on same roads and can say civic can do what ever cedia can and moreover the car is faster from 0 to 100, so can give cedia run for its money.
Thanks for the unbiased comparo, Gaurav !
Going by Autocar figures,
- the Civic is around 0.7s faster to the ton (9.59/10.3),
- but in gear acceleration figures for both 20-80 and 40-100 are slightly quicker with the Cedia.
- Civic's top speed is 205 vs 190 for the Cedia
- Although the Cedia is 17bhp down in power, the torque figures are almost identical.

It did seem, on paper that real life performance would be similar - and your post confirms that.
shuvc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 13:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Thanks for the unbiased comparo, Gaurav !
Going by Autocar figures,
- the Civic is around 0.7s faster to the ton (9.59/10.3),
- but in gear acceleration figures for both 20-80 and 40-100 are slightly quicker with the Cedia.
- Civic's top speed is 205 vs 190 for the Cedia
- Although the Cedia is 17bhp down in power, the torque figures are almost identical.

It did seem, on paper that real life performance would be similar - and your post confirms that.
Thanks Shuv, I got both cars at home, my personal is Cedia, but I do drive civic often. Just one correction in the figures above , hope you dont mind, the top speed of Cedia is 195 VS 205 of civic (auto car figures). Although, I managed to cross the double ton mark (207-208 to be precise) in Cedia, I know its the OD reading and actual is slower. I havent got the opportunity to cross double ton in Civic. However, the car does remains planted at around 170+.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 16:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

We have a Cedia Select with us since March 2008. Mainly driven around by my dad except a few high trips where i take her for a spin. Someone has managed to convince my dad that Cedia should only be filled in with "POWER" Petrol & not the normal unleaded one. I fill in my Wagon R with Normal petrol and get about 14 kmpl.

I read about POWER v/s UNLEADED, but all was too technical for my understanding. I need some inputs from you all about the choice of petrol. There is a good Rs. 2.75/- per litre difference in the cost the 2 variants. Is it worth it? Does it play any important role in improving the cars performance or the mileage?

Thanks in advance
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 17:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
We have a Cedia Select with us since March 2008. Mainly driven around by my dad except a few high trips where i take her for a spin. Someone has managed to convince my dad that Cedia should only be filled in with "POWER" Petrol & not the normal unleaded one. I fill in my Wagon R with Normal petrol and get about 14 kmpl.

I read about POWER v/s UNLEADED, but all was too technical for my understanding. I need some inputs from you all about the choice of petrol. There is a good Rs. 2.75/- per litre difference in the cost the 2 variants. Is it worth it? Does it play any important role in improving the cars performance or the mileage?

Thanks in advance
I guess this has been discussed extensively here on other threads and the common conclusion is, "Power" doesn't do any significant improvement to Cedia's performance nor mileage. Chennai's dealers / mechanics / HM rep - all on chorus advised to me to use just the normal (unleaded of course) petrol only.
Save Money. Won't you?
Old 27th January 2010, 17:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
I guess this has been discussed extensively here on other threads and the common conclusion is, "Power" doesn't do any significant improvement to Cedia's performance nor mileage. Chennai's dealers / mechanics / HM rep - all on chorus advised to me to use just the normal (unleaded of course) petrol only.
Save Money. Won't you?
i know it has been extensively discussed here, but i wanted to know it from a cedia user. Dad usually does tank ful to tank ful. this time he has already done with power. next filling i will ask him to try the UNLEADED and show him if there is any difference or not. If there is no difference in mileage not worth paying 2.75 / litre extra.

thanks
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 13:43   #29

Quote:
Guys, an update on yesterdays customer meet re air intake.

What HM/Mitsu have seen, is that when the car is driven on flooded roads, and the traffic throws waves of wash, there is an even chance that water gets into the air intake. I believe that Mitsu had to do warranty repairs on some occasions. So as a precaution they have advised all dealers to change the config during the first service.
I did show Maya Morors that the two other customer cars that had their first service done earlier to me, were NOT changed! They are going to change them too!
As to why this is not done at the factory before dispatch, the response was not clear, except that Maya Motors is checking with HM.

In any case, I have not sensed any difference in the drive.

Cheers
Hi PbR2, congrats on your purchase! I had a similar experience with the air intake and it did make a difference in the drive so I went back to the service center and had the original one put back on. I had put up a post with pictures: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1514158 (New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L)

Also, many Cedia owners replied saying that theirs was not changed (maybe this is a recent thing that HM is doing). Anyway, I'm happy with original one back on.
patilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 13:54   #30

Quote:
Sorry guys, been out of Chennai until last week, and had not got around to taking photos - of Team-BHP stickers, interiors etc.
That said, the black interior actually does not feel dark from inside, since from eye level you are surrounded by glass, and the inside top is of a light color.

Cheers
I have a similar experience as well. Vibrations and steering feels light at speeds above 120. So please let me know what you find out. In your case since you have changed the tires maybe a wheel balancing will do the trick. In my case, it's a stock car. I'm thinking maybe HM didn't do a good job with factory fitting the MOMO steering wheel. It has been off-center right from day one. At the first service when I asked them to reset the steering wheel they were hesitant and said that it's best not to mess with the factory-fitted MOMO. So I let it be... it pains me a little everytime I'm driving down a straight road to see the MOMO off center :(
patilan is offline   Reply With Quote