Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th March 2010, 20:51   #196
BHPian

If apart from 2-3K, everything insurance is paying, just get over it, IMO..no point running too much around for different quotes... Just check if a waxing/polishing can be had in the bargain.

Also, one caution regarding the painting/color matching! Try as tough as you can regarding rejecting the painting job if there is slightest hint of mismatch, beforehand itself, so that they take it seriously and not screw up.

I have this slight shade issue with the spoiler, hardly able to make out..though they told they will replace/repaint, but due to laziness I am still to go there.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 21:29   #197
Senior - BHPian

No, I am not getting another estimate. I have asked them to go ahead with the job. They assured me that the finish will be as good as a new car. Fingers crossed.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 22:11   #198
BHPian

@Gilead
Tough luck. But don't worry, I am sure they will fix her up like new and all this will be soon forgotten. So, cheer up.
nura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 09:54   #199
Senior - BHPian

nura, thanks. I am not feeling that bad. Maybe 'cos I didn't do the damage.

I spoke to the SA this morning. He says the bottom of the left door has some scrapes. So he has gotten insurance approval to paint the entire door, even though they will be working on only the bottom. He says the standard procedure is to get approval for the maximum amount possible and then claim a lesser amount at the end. He says the paint mixing has started. Apparently Aquarius takes a while to get it right. I told him they will have to re-paint at their own expense if the matching is not correct. Estimated delivery is now Wed/Thu.
Old 10th March 2010, 17:26   #200
Senior - BHPian

The SA just called and said my car is ready. Total bill is 25K out of which I have to pay 3.5K. They have slapped a Rs 750 'policy expense' which I have to pay. Apparently it's there in the fine print. Shaju, do you have anything like that. They have also removed the other scratch I had on the bumper. I'll be going tomorrow morning to pick it up. I hope they didn't screw up on the paint. I also got the underbody rust protection done.
Old 10th March 2010, 17:50   #201
Senior - BHPian

Yes Gil, service manager had told me something about a Rs.1000 compulsary deduction. May be its the same thing. Its apart from depreciation on the plastic/rubber parts in the total coverage.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 17:59   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Yes Gil, service manager had told me something about a Rs.1000 compulsary deduction. May be its the same thing. Its apart from depreciation on the plastic/rubber parts in the total coverage.
I called the SA again. It's indeed a 1000 bucks policy expense. Looks like a compulsory deductible. I should go and read the fine print.

sanjay: Do you have any such fine print in your policy?
Old 10th March 2010, 18:56   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
sanjay: Do you have any such fine print in your policy?
Infact I didnt bother to read the fine prints, service manager explained it when I was there, so saved my time going through micro letters on a paper.

Sanju, you should read the fine print of what you have. What if there is a line that reads: "if your vehicle goes through any damage exceeding Rs.100000, we will replace your entire vehicle with a brand new piece". In that case I would shift my insurance and bang my car every 6 months front and back.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 21:28   #204
BHPian

What is this 750/1000 bucks? Where should I look - in the insurance policy doc OR some ford warranty doc?
Old 10th March 2010, 21:48   #205
BHPian

Is this 1K over & above the 3.5K you need to pay?
Old 11th March 2010, 10:17   #206
Senior - BHPian

It is written in the front page of the Policy (just a line down after the Final premium amount written)

Compulsory deductible: Rs.1000
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 15:40   #207
Senior - BHPian

I picked up the car around 12 pm today. The paint work and the finish is fantastic! They had waxed and polished and cleaned the car and it looked as good as it looked in the showroom. Even the crease on the rear panel has been perfectly restored.

The Poonamalee service center seems pretty good to me. It's a huge place and not as crowded as the other service centres. The service is very good and the washing quality is an order of magnitude better than their Arumbakkam center. It's in the city outskirts, so distance is the only issue. I might go there regularly if Ford provides a drop back home. But I don't think they have a shuttle facility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Is this 1K over & above the 3.5K you need to pay?
It's over and above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
It is written in the front page of the Policy (just a line down after the Final premium amount written)

Compulsory deductible: Rs.1000
Never seen the policy doc till now. It was a free offer.
Old 11th March 2010, 16:07   #208
Senior - BHPian

@gilead
That means you drive the car without copy of insurance certificate?
YOu can be fined if caught by cops!

It was a free offer for me too, however I got the originals within 15 days (from the date
of car delivery).

Last edited by nairrk : 11th March 2010 at 16:08. Reason: correction
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 16:14   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@gilead
That means you drive the car without copy of insurance certificate?
YOu can be fined if caught by cops!

It was a free offer for me too, however I got the originals within 15 days (from the date
of car delivery).
I drive with a copy of course. I should have written that I have never read it, other than to see if the car details were correct.
Old 11th March 2010, 16:24   #210
BHPian

Great..what additional distance is this new service center from the Arumbakkam one?. Is this only for body repair jobs or for regular service also, just like the Arumbakkam one?