Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd June 2010, 15:00   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
@Gilead - Maybe you can try the MPL Body Shop at Guindy if thats quite accessible for you.
Yes, it's near my office. But I don't see why I should pay Ford or its service centers again when I have already paid for it. I didn't pay them for doing a half assed job. If I have to pay for it again, I am taking it to an independent. From what I have heard, MPL Ford is even more pathetic than Chennai Ford.

What is disconcerting is the deathly silence from Ford customer care for a relatively minor issue like glue work. I fail to understand why I haven't been provided with a ticket number yet.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:03   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Do you know any good independent body shops? I plan to check out the place where Pr_007 got his bodykit done. It's somewhere near Ampa Mall on Nelson Manickam road. I can't keep waiting forever for Ford to respond.
If you are willing to come down to ECR side, there is one guy I know of. Let me know if you are interested.
gvivek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:00   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvivek75 View Post
If you are willing to come down to ECR side, there is one guy I know of. Let me know if you are interested.
That's a little too far again, but if nothing else works out, I'll give it a shot.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:06   #244
BHPian

Gilead, did you talk/visit the Poonamallee workshop to show this? This should get rectified free of cost, is'nt it?
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:31   #245
Senior - BHPian

Looks like posting the pictures here lit a fire under their feet. I got a call from the Ford service manager who had the chief of the Poonamalee service center on the line. Both apologized etc and offered to pick up the car tomorrow morning and get it fixed. They are also providing a standby car for the day which a little beyond my expectations. Let's see what kind of work they do this time. I will post the 'after' pics tomorrow.

sanjay, yes, it's being rectified free of cost.
Old 4th June 2010, 07:40   #246
Senior - BHPian

Wink

"Hail the customer he is the king"

@gilead - Nice to know that your grouse is being taken care by Ford. All the best, hope this time they do the perfect job.
I dont understand "jab mirchi lagti hai to hi kyon kaam karte hain log"
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 09:27   #247
Senior - BHPian

As I told you, the best way to get works done is to keep reporting the complaints in writing and shoot reminders regularly. Any manufacturer/supplier cannot ignore such
complaints.
Also it looks like that some one in Ford reading fiesta threads here?!
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 09:38   #248
Senior - BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I hope they seriously do and esp your thread on Fiesta, they will be for more surprises when they run through the posts. Nair sir you will be called to give a demo on Fiesta features
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 13:47   #249
Senior - BHPian

They sent a driver this morning to pick up my car. I got an Ikon in exchange. I expect to get the car back this evening, hopefully with the issues fixed for good. The Ikon was running on fumes though.

Quick review of the Ikon Flair. Done 30K kms.

-No rattles
-Very basic interiors
-Very weird power window switch position. It's at my feet.
-Good power delivery between 1500-3000 RPM. Runs out of steam just at the point where the Fiesta 1.6 starts snarling and pins you to the seat
-God awful brakes
-Superb handling and steering feedback.
-Very good drivers position
-Fantastic AC like all Fords

Very VFM buy at just 5 lacs or so if a boot was required, but otherwise modern hatches have taken the game to higher level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
The guy in charge of the Chennai region definitely reads the threads here. Not sure about the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
"Hail the customer he is the king"

@gilead - Nice to know that your grouse is being taken care by Ford. All the best, hope this time they do the perfect job.
I dont understand "jab mirchi lagti hai to hi kyon kaam karte hain log"
You are right. Just sheer negligence and laziness on their part. They could have just done the job properly the first time and avoided all the drama and banging they got yesterday.

Last edited by Gilead : 4th June 2010 at 13:52.
Old 4th June 2010, 16:33   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Quick review of the Ikon Flair. Done 30K kms.

-No rattles
-Very basic interiors
-Very weird power window switch position. It's at my feet.
-Good power delivery between 1500-3000 RPM. Runs out of steam just at the point where the Fiesta 1.6 starts snarling and pins you to the seat
-God awful brakes
-Superb handling and steering feedback.
-Very good drivers position
-Fantastic AC like all Fords

Very VFM buy at just 5 lacs or so if a boot was required, but otherwise modern hatches have taken the game to higher level.
If you have'nt tried yet, try reclining the driver/front passenger seat fully towards the back...with that position, you can sleep with your legs on the dash..the seat almost becomes flat..miss that in Fiesta.

Also, not sure of Flair (I has 1.3 Nxt - Finesse limited edition)..but power window switch on driver side is quite comfy...though lower than Fiesta.

The Ikon seat is also more "bucket" like with good countours on all sides..feels like being hugged at the bottom..which again is somewhat missing in the Fiesta.

Last edited by sanjayc : 4th June 2010 at 16:35.
Old 4th June 2010, 16:55   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Also, not sure of Flair (I has 1.3 Nxt - Finesse limited edition)..but power window switch on driver side is quite comfy...though lower than Fiesta.
They are at the same level as the Fiesta door pockets. A little too low for comfort Hand has to go way below the knee level to operate the switches.

Quote:
The Ikon seat is also more "bucket" like with good countours on all sides..feels like being hugged at the bottom..which again is somewhat missing in the Fiesta.
This is the Ikon Flair. 1.3L engine. No other markings. Not sure if it came before or after NXT. I think it was after. Seats are just about average and nowhere close to the Fiesta's in terms of comfort. Maybe your NXT had better seats? Yours was a limited edition after all!

Last edited by Gilead : 4th June 2010 at 16:56.
Old 4th June 2010, 17:29   #252
BHPian

Quote:
This is the Ikon Flair. 1.3L engine. No other markings. Not sure if it came before or after NXT. I think it was after.
The Flair came in 1.3 Liter version sometime in 1st half of 2003 when Ford started producing the ROCAM engine in India. Before this, the 1.3 and 1.6 Nxt engines were being made in South Africa. Due to this shift, there was a 40K cut in costs that was directly passed on to the customers. That's when the Ikon sales really zoomed in India. Even I bought my Ikon Flair around the same time in Dec 2003.

By the way, the South African Nxt continued in the 1.6 liter version parallel to the Indian Flair for quite some time.

If you remember, there's a tribute to Ikon written by Sidindica which has the entire timeline

Last edited by gvivek75 : 4th June 2010 at 17:30.
gvivek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 19:37   #253
BHPian

Gilead, is yours AY 3838? Saw this S near Ashok Nagar Pillar opp to Reliance Fresh! Saw it being driven by a driver! For once I thought, your car is being taken for a ride by the CF guys!
Old 5th June 2010, 12:16   #254
Senior - BHPian

Here are the 'after' pics. They seem to have done a good job this time. Even the washing and interior cleaning was done well for a change.
Name:  Fiesta 005 320x200.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  19.4 KB
Name:  Fiesta 006 320x200.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  18.6 KB
My Blu-Monster- Ford Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius-fiesta-007.jpg

This was the Ikon they sent yesterday. The AC direction controls and thermostat was not working and there was massive fogging on the windshield.
My Blu-Monster- Ford Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius-fiesta-004.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvivek75 View Post
By the way, the South African Nxt continued in the 1.6 liter version parallel to the Indian Flair for quite some time.
Cool. I wonder how sanjayc has a 2003 1.3 Nxt then. That must have been the last batch of 1.3 Nxt I guess.

Quote:
Gilead, is yours AY 3838? Saw this S near Ashok Nagar Pillar opp to Reliance Fresh! Saw it being driven by a driver! For once I thought, your car is being taken for a ride by the CF guys!
Nope. My car went nowhere that side yesterday.

Last edited by Gilead : 5th June 2010 at 12:20.
Old 5th June 2010, 12:54   #255
Senior - BHPian

Looks like job done nicely.
And only after Ford came into the picture, they are taking things more seriously,
including giving a standby car for your use - thats really good.
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote