Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st July 2010, 14:03   #316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I was using the SystemG for sometime, but I found the engine to be getting slightly rough and stopped using it.
People who have used such additives say that increased sound is normal for a few days and then it becomes super smooth and quiet. How long dod you use it? I think sanjayc is using System G. I'll check if he's facing noise and roughness as well.

Quote:
Forget the HU, I have to get insurance for a new front bumper, right fender, right HL, right foglamp!
I meant, did you get the malfunctioning CD player repaired?

That's a lot of plastic and glass parts that have taken a hit. You may have to shell out quite a bit even after insurance.

Quote:
Would you mind if the 3rd S is black in color!?
You can come over any weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Guys completed 2100kms today and the S keeps surprising me. The fuel problem sorted out itself after a tankful of good grade fuel. My average is around 10-10.5 in the last 2 tankfuls. Couldn't find System G yet!!!
10.5 is good mileage on a brand new car. I never got more than 9 when y car was brand new.

Quote:
Took the S on a hilly trip to Rishikesh and Tehri Dam. Will post pictures soon on my thread. The trip gave the S a few bruises which cut my heart out. The left front skirting got few big scratches. The rear bumper took a hit when a stupid bike guy hit from behind full force trying to overtake n brake!! The bumper on the left front got 2 fresh scratches when a moron tried to unpark his car next to mine, brushing his right side to mine.. arrrghh!!
Get these scratches fixed at the earliest. The A.S.S might be able to fix them with just rubbing if they are not too deep.

Quote:
Gilead you are shifting from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th at 3200rpm!! I usually do it at about 2500-3000.
My car touches 3200 with just a light tap of the pedal. Yours will do the same after the engine has run about 5-6K kms.

ghodlur, if you shift from 2nd to 3rd at 2K RPM, revs will drop to 1.6K or so if I am not mistaken. You sure you find that fun?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 15:12   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
People who have used such additives say that increased sound is normal for a few days and then it becomes super smooth and quiet. How long dod you use it? I think sanjayc is using System G. I'll check if he's facing noise and roughness as well.
I am using System G every alternate tankfull. At idling or <2K rpm, cannot make out from inside any engine noise.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 16:18   #318
Senior - BHPian

^^ I have the SysG with me, I would try using it again and see if there is any improvement!

@Sanjay, what is the improvement that you feel when you use SysG?

Last edited by anachronix : 1st July 2010 at 16:20.
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 17:06   #319
BHPian

Quote:
@Sanjay, what is the improvement that you feel when you use SysG?
Tough to say since I have been using it from beginning and hence don't have the benchmark to compare.

However, on my previous Ikon, I had stopped using for close to a year...just 2 months before selling, I tried System G, and within 2 tankfulls, the smoothness/ decrease in noise was noticeable.

If you go by the mfgr claims and specs of this thing, it does the following:

http://www.iftex.com/cleansysg.htm
  • Cleans Fuel Injectors and carburetors of dirt, gum and varnish deposits without taking them apart.
  • Cleans intake manifolds and intake valves and restores proper compression.
  • Eliminates rough idling, hesitation, stalling, hard starting, lean surging and poor throttle response caused by deposits in the fuel system.
  • Restores engine performance and lost engine power.
  • Increases fuel efficiency by keeping the fuel system, including the combustion chambers clean
Performance Tested In :
  • BMW Intake Valve Deposit Control Test
  • Ford Intake Valve & Combustion Chamber Deposit Control Test
  • Chrysler Port Fuel Injector Cleanliness Test
  • Honda Generator Test
  • GM Intake Valve, Combustion Chamber & ORI Test
=================

Even if the claims are taken with a pinch of salt, some obvious benefits seems to be there, particulalry the first point regarding fuel injectors cleaning.

=================

BTW, do you guys fill up when almost empty (I do), or when the needle is hovering around halfway mark. I have been advised by some friends to do filling at halfway mark..that way the impurities or what have you, remains settled at the bottom reducing the chances of making its way into the engine or fuel filter system.
Old 1st July 2010, 18:06   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
BTW, do you guys fill up when almost empty (I do), or when the needle is hovering around halfway mark. I have been advised by some friends to do filling at halfway mark..that way the impurities or what have you, remains settled at the bottom reducing the chances of making its way into the engine or fuel filter system.
I fill up only when the needle goes below the red and about 30-40 on the DTE. Have you seen the tank? It's long and broad but very shallow. Maybe your friends think it's shaped like one of those 25L Aquafina water cans or something. It wont make any difference whether you fill up half way through or towards the end. Impurities will get sloshed around anyway and it's the job of the filter to keep them out.
Old 2nd July 2010, 08:30   #321
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
ghodlur, if you shift from 2nd to 3rd at 2K RPM, revs will drop to 1.6K or so if I am not mistaken. You sure you find that fun?
I shift based on the speeds attained keeping the rpms in checks. If I have to shift from 2nd to 3rd the speeds reached should be min 30 kmph and the rpms around 2K. Once both criteria's satisfied the gears are shifted. I know after shifting the rpms drop to 1.6K-1.8K but the speeds are attained. Same way for the next gear shift. Finally when I reach the 60kmph speeds and the gears in 5th the rpms settles around 2K. Normally I drive in the 60-75 kmph range (Specific conditions) and the rpm needle settles at 2K. I hope I am doing right. Let me know if I have erred.
Pls note mine is a ZXI and yours is an "S"
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:29   #322
BHPian

Need some info guys about The Electric Boot Release system on the Fiesta!

When entering a parking lot, a mall or a secured area, often boot has to be opened for security checks. When the ignition is on, I try to open the boot by the button on the dash but it fails to open. Then I use the button on the keys (pushed twice to open). Still doesnt seem to open. The after switching off the ignition and taking out the key, I release the boot with the button on the key. The button on the dash still doesnt work. This has happened quite a few times recently.
But many times when after parking the car, i need to open the boot, i have opened it from the button on the dashboard. Whats going on?? Whats the right procedure??
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:45   #323
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:

When entering a parking lot, a mall or a secured area, often boot has to be opened for security checks. When the ignition is on, I try to open the boot by the button on the dash but it fails to open. Then I use the button on the keys (pushed twice to open). Still doesnt seem to open. The after switching off the ignition and taking out the key, I release the boot with the button on the key. The button on the dash still doesnt work. This has happened quite a few times recently.
But many times when after parking the car, i need to open the boot, i have opened it from the button on the dashboard. Whats going on?? Whats the right procedure??
Even I had this issue and the solution to this is to unlatch the central locking and then try the dashboard button for opening the boot. I guess the boot is programmed to open only in case the central locking is unlatched when sitting inside. the other option as you said is through the remote key.
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:55   #324
Senior - BHPian

In my car the boot can be opened by pressing the button on the dashboard, even if the car engine is on running and doors are closed. May be you need to check with your dealer whether they have programmed the key properly to open the boot also from inside when the car engine is on.?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:01   #325
BHPian

@ ghodlur:
will try to unlock the central locking and then open the boot. Maybe this is to prevent accidental opening!
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:07   #326
BHPian

Seems like Ford is launching a tweaked central locking system everytime they have this "limited offer"...

In my Fiesta, boot can be opened anytime using the dashboard button or double-clicking the remote button (from inside or outside of the car)- ignition on or off is not a problem at all. Though need to check if the boot opens with the door latch pushed inside.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:19   #327
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
In my car the boot can be opened by pressing the button on the dashboard, even if the car engine is on running and doors are closed. May be you need to check with your dealer whether they have programmed the key properly to open the boot also from inside when the car engine is on.?
I think you should have a relook at this since I have tried a no of times to open the boot using the dashboard switch with the central locking latched and unable to do so. The moment I unlatch the central locking (driver side lever) I am able to open the boot. This feature would be common to all Fiesta variants, surely Ford would not miss this feature in some variants.

Quote:
@ ghodlur:
will try to unlock the central locking and then open the boot. Maybe this is to prevent accidental opening!
Thats one way of putting it.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:21   #328
Senior - BHPian

No Sanjay.

The boor can be opened by,

1. Using the Remote
2. Using the internal boot release button when the central locking is NOT engaged and the vehicle is NOT in motion.
kiku007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:40   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
No Sanjay.

The boor can be opened by,

1. Using the Remote
2. Using the internal boot release button when the central locking is NOT engaged and the vehicle is NOT in motion.
I have many times opened the boot with ignition on using the dashboard button (a/c running but vehicle stationary..a common occurrence for me during those grocery purchase trips)...but as mentioned in my post, not sure if it opens when the central locking is activated (door latch pushed inside)
Old 2nd July 2010, 13:50   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Pls note mine is a ZXI and yours is an "S"
It's still the same engine, albeit with a slightly different power/torque map for the S. But as long as you are having run, that's all that matters.

Quote:

Whats the right procedure??
Very simple. Unlock the car (don't have to open the door) via central locking on either driver or passenger side and press the boot release button on the dash. It will NOT open if central locking is engaged and it does not matter if the engine is running or not. Only the position of the central locking switch matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
I have many times opened the boot with ignition on using the dashboard button (a/c running but vehicle stationary..a common occurrence for me during those grocery purchase trips)...but as mentioned in my post, not sure if it opens when the central locking is activated (door latch pushed inside)
Your central locking was not active, so it will open the boot.