Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2010, 12:15   #331
BHPian
 
capt_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 134
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Guys I think Gilead is right. I tried all permutations and combinations..
the only one which works is.. you can open the boot from the dash button only when the central locking is inactive.. or the doors are open!!
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 13:14   #332
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Guys I think Gilead is right. I tried all permutations and combinations..
the only one which works is.. you can open the boot from the dash button only when the central locking is inactive.. or the doors are open!!
+
Yes, you are correct.
I have just double checked - with central locking on, the boot opening cannot be functioned from inside (using the boot open button on the dash board). So one must release the central locking (or open the door) and then press button (either the ignition is on or not) to open the boot, without moving /getting out from the driving seat.
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 19:21   #333
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 719
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Did you S owners get the Dicky Mat as part of the Essential Kit worth Rs. 2200 or did you pay extra for it?
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 22:23   #334
BHPian
 
capt_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 134
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

@abhipuru: if by the dicky mat you mean the boot mat.. i got for free.. this has got to be the min. man!! dealers.. esp ford dealers are compromising on everything!! so i hv seen!
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 23:01   #335
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 719
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

I am getting them for free as well but he said that the boot mat is not a part of the ESSENTIAL KIT worth 2200 rupees. Is this true?
Which dealer did you get your car from?
Who was your sales consultant?
How much was your free insurance worth?
By the way, check out my deal in the i booked my car thread and comment.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 13:37   #336
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
I am getting them for free as well but he said that the boot mat is not a part of the ESSENTIAL KIT worth 2200 rupees. Is this true?
Which dealer did you get your car from?
Who was your sales consultant?
How much was your free insurance worth?
By the way, check out my deal in the i booked my car thread and comment.
I got the boot mat free but I am not sure if it was part of the essential kit. I think the essential kit is nothing but floor mats and boot mats, so it should be a part of it.

But dude, I read in the other thread that you are getting the car for 7.34 OTR when ex showroom is 7.33. Is there any road tax at all in your state? The same car costs 8.2 here with the same kind of discounts that you got.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 14:05   #337
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Boot mat also part of FEK (ford essential Kit) and I paid for that (Rs.2240/-). When you paricularly ask then only the dealers will normally give seperate rates, otherwise they will give it altogether one price which also include the rate for FEK.
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 19:29   #338
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 719
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Okay. Now,the problem is that they said that Ford Essential Kit consists of Floor Mats and Mud Flaps but, no Boot Mat. The S as far as I know does not support Mud Flaps so I am asking them to give me the BOOT MAT instead for which they are not committing in positive. What to do?
Secondly, what is the price for Mud Flaps and Boot Mats?
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 21:37   #339
BHPian
 
capt_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 134
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Okay. Now,the problem is that they said that Ford Essential Kit consists of Floor Mats and Mud Flaps but, no Boot Mat. The S as far as I know does not support Mud Flaps so I am asking them to give me the BOOT MAT instead for which they are not committing in positive. What to do?
Secondly, what is the price for Mud Flaps and Boot Mats?
who is the Ford dealer in Faridabad?
i bought my S from Harpreet Ford showroom in Dilshad Garden. I got floor mats and boot mat too. No extra charge for it!! You insist on it and tell them people in Delhi are getting boot mat without any charge.
Well the price quoted for essential pack for mud flaps/floor mats is 2200/- but my dealer waived it off when I pushed him to.
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 00:38   #340
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 719
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

The dealer is Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon. The problem is their claim that Ford Essential Kit consists of Floor Mats and Mud Flaps only and not Boot Mats.
Didn't you check my post in the I BOOKED MY CAR thread? I have posted my deal there. They are giving the Ford Essential Kit free of cost but I think they don't know that Fiesta Sports cannot take in an ugly mud flap.
I mentioned this to them and asked them to adjust the Boot Mats instead but they still haven't agreed for the adjustment. I wonder what they are upto. I got to know about the contents of the Ford Essential Kit much later here.
Today, I had sent them and the Ford Customer Care a mail regarding them delaying their decision about the Boot Mats and the fifth alloy wheel instead of the Teflon Coating. I got a call from the dealership after a few hours in the evening but I was busy studying. They will call tomorrow afternoon. I am hoping for the best.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 09:02   #341
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 394
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Today, I had sent them and the Ford Customer Care a mail regarding them delaying their decision about the Boot Mats and the fifth alloy wheel instead of the Teflon Coating. I got a call from the dealership after a few hours in the evening but I was busy studying. They will call tomorrow afternoon. I am hoping for the best.
I thought boot mat comes with factory fitted! What am I missing here? This is atleast true in Bangalore. Only in Figo you have this essential kit been added. Fiesta has all these by default. It may be because you have already got heavy discount, dealer wouldn't want to give anything else.
RaguHolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 13:06   #342
BHPian
 
capt_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 134
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
The dealer is Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon. The problem is their claim that Ford Essential Kit consists of Floor Mats and Mud Flaps only and not Boot Mats.
Didn't you check my post in the I BOOKED MY CAR thread? I have posted my deal there. They are giving the Ford Essential Kit free of cost but I think they don't know that Fiesta Sports cannot take in an ugly mud flap.
I mentioned this to them and asked them to adjust the Boot Mats instead but they still haven't agreed for the adjustment. I wonder what they are upto. I got to know about the contents of the Ford Essential Kit much later here.
Today, I had sent them and the Ford Customer Care a mail regarding them delaying their decision about the Boot Mats and the fifth alloy wheel instead of the Teflon Coating. I got a call from the dealership after a few hours in the evening but I was busy studying. They will call tomorrow afternoon. I am hoping for the best.
if the dealer is Harpreet then their policies shud be same for all their customers. You can give my example for this one. I got a boot mat free of charge. I didnt ask for one. But during the PDI, i saw the boot mat missing and then demanded it. Then the guys rushed and took it out from another Fiesta and put it in mine.
But is your dealer giving you a teflon coating free?? this is good too coz i had to get it done later at my own expenses. The bodycare package as they call it (consists of underbody coating and paint protection coating form 3M) cost me 6000/- after pressurizing them for discounts. the original package was about 7200/-
Its also a good idea to exchange the teflon offer with a spare alloy wheel. Hope things go well for you!!
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 13:29   #343
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Windshield fogging

Yesterday it was drizzling here and quite humid with low temperature at the same time as well. This caused massive fogging on the windshield all the windows. This is the second time I am experiencing this phenomenon after nearly 7 months.

Front demister was not of much use as the fogging was already pretty dense. I had to use the wiper continuously to get rid of the misting. I was initially blowing cold air on the windshield but that had no effect. Then I turned on the hot air but that did not have any effect either.

sanjayc suggested that I run the hot air for a minute or two on the windshield which will vaporize the mist and then gradually turn on the cold air to keep the mist away. I should try that next time. I didn't keep the hot air on for more than 30 seconds.

A Laura standing next tome at a signal was having the same issues, so I am guessing it was a combination of weather+powerful AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
I thought boot mat comes with factory fitted! What am I missing here? This is atleast true in Bangalore. Only in Figo you have this essential kit been added. Fiesta has all these by default. It may be because you have already got heavy discount, dealer wouldn't want to give anything else.
No, the Fiesta does not come with boot mat, mud flaps or carpet mats from the factory. Either you get it free from the dealer or you buy it as part of the essential pack.

Last edited by Gilead : 6th July 2010 at 13:33.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 13:46   #344
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 719
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Guys!
I am expecting a call from Harpreet Ford in a few hours. Should I refer your name capt_rocker? If yes, PM me your full name and I'll tell them that you bought the same model and got the Boot Mat as part of the Ford Essential Kit.
And no, I am not getting the Teflon Coating done. I am thinking of getting a nice Paint Protection job by Pandit & Co. in Okhla, they are too good as far as their reviews suggest. I don't have much faith in these dealership accessories.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 6th July 2010 at 13:48.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 17:34   #345
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 394
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Yesterday it was drizzling here and quite humid with low temperature at the same time as well. This caused massive fogging on the windshield all the windows. This is the second time I am experiencing this phenomenon after nearly 7 months.

Front demister was not of much use as the fogging was already pretty dense. I had to use the wiper continuously to get rid of the misting. I was initially blowing cold air on the windshield but that had no effect. Then I turned on the hot air but that did not have any effect either.

sanjayc suggested that I run the hot air for a minute or two on the windshield which will vaporize the mist and then gradually turn on the cold air to keep the mist away. I should try that next time. I didn't keep the hot air on for more than 30 seconds.
Misting happening on outside or inside? By your message it looks like you have it on outside (wiper usage). In this case you should put your air circulation to Fresh-air mode and see if it make difference.

If it is happening on inside (in which case I don't see use of wiper!), usually blowing cold air to windshield should do trick. You should also keep air circulation in re-circulation mode.
more WikiAnswers - Why do car glass gets mist while driving during rain.

It is also possible that inside and outside glasses are dirty, in-such case you should wipe glasses clean. In rainy season you can often clean windshield (inside & outside) with colin like liquid. It always slows down misting!

Last edited by RaguHolla : 6th July 2010 at 17:37.
RaguHolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Go Fida ... My new Ford Fiesta 1.6S ..Aquarius Blue nityanand.s.s Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 64 14th September 2014 12:42
Blu ray discs / regions / all-in-one blu ray disc player VSG12777 Gadgets, Computers & Software 4 29th May 2014 13:55
Ducati Monster 796 Vs Yamaha FZ1 EDIT - Bought A Red Monster shayne Superbikes & Imports 130 10th February 2012 15:40
TakeThat: DipantS-BlueBeast-Aquarius-Fiesta1.6S DipantS Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 17 26th July 2010 08:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks