Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 17:51   #346
BHPian
 
capt_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 134
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Guys!
I am expecting a call from Harpreet Ford in a few hours. Should I refer your name capt_rocker? If yes, PM me your full name and I'll tell them that you bought the same model and got the Boot Mat as part of the Ford Essential Kit.
And no, I am not getting the Teflon Coating done. I am thinking of getting a nice Paint Protection job by Pandit & Co. in Okhla, they are too good as far as their reviews suggest. I don't have much faith in these dealership accessories.
Hi abhipuru, my full name is capt gaurav kumar singh. You can ask your dealer to talk to Mr. kapil at Harpreet ford in dilshad garden showroom. That should work.

I havent heard of Pandit and co. in okhla. Im quite satisfied with the job done by 3M. The Ford dealers are not directly involved. They will send your car to a 3M workshop which as per them is in Motinagar, Sahibabad or Mahipalpur.
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 18:52   #347
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Misting happening on outside or inside? By your message it looks like you have it on outside (wiper usage). In this case you should put your air circulation to Fresh-air mode and see if it make difference.
It was misting on the outside. I have never seen misting on the inside till now. Basically, the temp & humidity differential beteween the inside and outside needs to be minimized to make the misting disappear, so your suggestion to turn on fresh air mode does make sense. I'll try that next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Hi abhipuru, my full name is capt gaurav kumar singh. You can ask your dealer to talk to Mr. kapil at Harpreet ford in dilshad garden showroom. That should work.
capt, just curious. What capt are you? Army?

Last edited by Gilead : 6th July 2010 at 18:56.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 19:55   #348
BHPian
 
capt_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 134
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post

capt, just curious. What capt are you? Army?
Im a captain in the merchant navy. I work as a master mariner for a european container shipping line.
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 20:05   #349
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 778
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
guessing it was a combination of weather+powerful AC.
Not really. This use to happen very frequently in KL where it "RAINS"
800, Zen, Amby, Swift you name it happens in all with A/C on.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 20:11   #350
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 394
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
It was misting on the outside. I have never seen misting on the inside till now. Basically, the temp & humidity differential beteween the inside and outside needs to be minimized to make the misting disappear, so your suggestion to turn on fresh air mode does make sense. I'll try that next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Not really. This use to happen very frequently in KL where it "RAINS"
800, Zen, Amby, Swift you name it happens in all with A/C on.
You should switch off AC (cooling!), otherwise even with fresh+AC, mist will be formed. Mist forming outside means, inside is cooler than outside. In which case you should make inside temperature same as outside, use fresh air (including blowing fresh air to windshield). That should lessen the effect.

Using heater sometimes can reduce the effect, this might cause misting from inside!

Last edited by RaguHolla : 6th July 2010 at 20:15.
RaguHolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 20:24   #351
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Im a captain in the merchant navy. I work as a master mariner for a european container shipping line.
Cool! So your wife will get to enjoy the beast when you are sailing. Has she come to terms with the power yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
You should switch off AC (cooling!), otherwise even with fresh+AC, mist will be formed. Mist forming outside means, inside is cooler than outside. In which case you should make inside temperature same as outside, use fresh air (including blowing fresh air to windshield). That should lessen the effect.

Using heater sometimes can reduce the effect, this might cause misting from inside!
Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks. But I wonder why it has happened only on two occasions when I have driven countless number of times through rains with the AC on all the time. I think humidity plays a much bigger role rather than just the temp difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Not really. This use to happen very frequently in KL where it "RAINS"
800, Zen, Amby, Swift you name it happens in all with A/C on.
Is Kerala as humid as Chennai?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 08:11   #352
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,040
Thanked: 2,077 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks. But I wonder why it has happened only on two occasions when I have driven countless number of times through rains with the AC on all the time. I think humidity plays a much bigger role rather than just the temp difference.
Even I have been experiencing the outside misting due the wiper movement. The inside misting is taken care by directing the cold air to the wind shield or heater but still havent found a way to demist outside windshield.
As you rightly said, maybe humidity is playing pranks since it has been heaviliy raining in Mumbai and its a gloomy climate out there.
Will try the fresh air mode to see it works.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 09:49   #353
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Im a captain in the merchant navy. I work as a master mariner for a european container shipping line.
+
Wah, another shippy in this forum!
I too are in the same profession (not a sailer but commercial man) deals in bulk shipping. How often your ship calls to Indian ports?

In your absence who is going to use your FIESTA??
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 10:50   #354
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 719
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Okay! So I finally had a talk with the GM, Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon.

1. What they are telling me is that they can deduct 3500 Rupees plus 5-6% of the
MRP for the alloy wheel for me as a "special customer".

2. Now, while my conversations were on, he said that the dealer margin for a car like Fiesta 1.6S is nearly 14000 Rupees, which I feel is hard to believe.

3. I agreed about this new deal and told him that I shall pay the balance. Can somebody provide me with the price of the spare alloy wheel?

4. Also, he told me that if we put in an Alloy Wheel in the boot, then it sits in a bit loose and causes rattling. Is it so?
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 10:57   #355
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

In my car, there is a spare wheel in the boot (not alloy wheel) and it fitting properly without any loose or rattling. But I am not sure how about keeping a alloy wheel in that same space.
But my dealer told me that the spare wheel differs from the other fitted wheels and the spare wheel can be only used for immediate emergency and must replace it with
original wheel as soon as possible?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 11:22   #356
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 394
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Okay! So I finally had a talk with the GM, Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon.

3. I agreed about this new deal and told him that I shall pay the balance. Can somebody provide me with the price of the spare alloy wheel?

4. Also, he told me that if we put in an Alloy Wheel in the boot, then it sits in a bit loose and causes rattling. Is it so?
That is great, you should be lucky!Your are getting 1 alloy! usually Ford sells in sets of 4. I asked here in Bangalore, Lathangi told me they won't sell 1 spare! So ideally I should find 3 more SXI guys, and buy 4!
RaguHolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 11:30   #357
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,040
Thanked: 2,077 Times
Red face

Good that you have got 1 spare alloy wheel as a freebie. Regarding the rattling, I am sure there must be some way of securing the alloy wheel tightly. The steel rim tyre fits perfectly in the boot, then why would not the alloy. I think the "S" guys can answer this query perfectly.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 12:44   #358
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,270
Thanked: 1,235 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
That is great, you should be lucky!Your are getting 1 alloy! usually Ford sells in sets of 4. I asked here in Bangalore, Lathangi told me they won't sell 1 spare! So ideally I should find 3 more SXI guys, and buy 4!
I too wanted to buy a Ford alloy for the stepney---but my Service Advisor told me that it would not fit properly into the boot, hence I dropped the idea.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 13:29   #359
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 719
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I too wanted to buy a Ford alloy for the stepney---but my Service Advisor told me that it would not fit properly into the boot, hence I dropped the idea.
What could be the reason behind it?
Did you ever check it yourself?

Maybe some owner owner could try it if he has time and report back. That would indeed be extremely relieving!

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 7th July 2010 at 13:32.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 17:22   #360
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Hey abhipuru, maybe you missed my question earlier. How are you getting a 7.33L ex showroom car for 7.34L OTR? What is the road tax in your state? And is this a canteen deal?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Go Fida ... My new Ford Fiesta 1.6S ..Aquarius Blue nityanand.s.s Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 64 14th September 2014 12:42
Blu ray discs / regions / all-in-one blu ray disc player VSG12777 Gadgets, Computers & Software 4 29th May 2014 13:55
Ducati Monster 796 Vs Yamaha FZ1 EDIT - Bought A Red Monster shayne Superbikes & Imports 130 10th February 2012 15:40
TakeThat: DipantS-BlueBeast-Aquarius-Fiesta1.6S DipantS Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 17 26th July 2010 08:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks