Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th July 2010, 18:07   #361
BHPian

This is not a canteen deal.
The Road Tax and Registration price is quoted as 12300 Rupees in the receipt.

Can you do me a favour? Just try fitting your alloy wheeled tyre in the boot and see if it fits properly. I know its not convenient but it would be extremely helpful for me.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 7th July 2010 at 18:10.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 18:42   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Cool! So your wife will get to enjoy the beast when you are sailing. Has she come to terms with the power yet?
terms with the power.. not really!! I still have to coax her into using the right speed/gear combination.
In a way im worried about the S after i leave for sailing! Also the nearest service center is far off.. wifey dear will have some trouble getting the car serviced after i leave.
Is it possible to get the first service done after 2 months/about 2500 kms??
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 18:55   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Wah, another shippy in this forum!
I too are in the same profession (not a sailer but commercial man) deals in bulk shipping. How often your ship calls to Indian ports?

In your absence who is going to use your FIESTA??
good to know nair saab! so wht do you commercially? have you been a shippy earlier.. sailed before? how is your job paying? reason for asking all these questions is that im looking to quit sailing very soon. maybe i could get some lead!!

I work with MSC an Italian container shipping line. Ships often come to Indian ports, I have been to mumbai and chennai once on a ship.

Yes in my absence the Fiesta is going to be in my wife's hands. Now how well she understands my sentiments attached with the car is up to her. although she knows im as particular with the car as with my child!! Haha!!
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 09:39   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
good to know nair saab! so wht do you commercially? have you been a shippy earlier.. sailed before? how is your job paying? reason for asking all these questions is that im looking to quit sailing very soon. maybe i could get some lead!!

I work with MSC an Italian container shipping line. Ships often come to Indian ports, I have been to mumbai and chennai once on a ship.

Yes in my absence the Fiesta is going to be in my wife's hands. Now how well she understands my sentiments attached with the car is up to her. although she knows im as particular with the car as with my child!! Haha!!
+
1st and 2nd para - will send you a PM (otherwise this will become a personal chat forum and it will be threat to the thread)

+
Yes, as your wife, she must be well known about your feeling /affection towards the FIESTA and she will definitely handle the car with utmost care
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 10:06   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
t
Is it possible to get the first service done after 2 months/about 2500 kms??
Yes, it is possible. Check with your service station. I did it with just 1.5K run in 2 months. Its important to service within service period in order to claim warranty! Also extended warranty becomes void, if service interval is missed by more than 10 days or 500km!

Edit: You should give Genuine reason for getting it serviced earlier. Like out of country for two month etc. Then they will agree. It is also depends on your relation with particular service manager/dealer!

Last edited by RaguHolla : 8th July 2010 at 10:21. Reason: Add more info
RaguHolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 10:16   #366
Senior - BHPian

!st Service due is 5000kms or 3 months whichever occur earlier from the date vehicle purchased (Invoice date).
In your case -its only 2500kms and completed 2 months so doubtful whether they will agree but no harm in checking with the dealer.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:28   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday it was drizzling here and quite humid with low temperature at the same time as well. This caused massive fogging on the windshield all the windows....

sanjayc suggested that I run the hot air for a minute or two on the windshield which will vaporize the mist and then gradually turn on the cold air to keep the mist away. I should try that next time. I didn't keep the hot air on for more than 30 seconds.
In case the misting/fogging has already happened, fastest way to get rid of the same will be : Blower at 4, recirculation mode, A/C on, temp at highest, air-flow control poistion at 12 (windshield only, in case side windows are heavily fogged, try adjusting the knob and air-vents so that some more quantity of air-flow is directed towards the side windows as well)..this should get rid of the fog in under a minute.

Next, to prevent misting from occurring again, put the air-flow control towards foot+face+windshield, adjusting it in a way so that some amount of air is directed towards the windshield. Keep lowering the temp control knob for a comfortable temp inside as well as avoid misting outside...this will be trial-n-error method.

Suggestions for throwing cold air at the windshield - I have my doubts. Even in warm conditions, if cold air is blown towards the windshield, I have noticed mist-spots on the outside which are just above the vents below the windshield. Hence in humid/cold condition it is bound the aggravate the situation.

One thing for sure..your penchant for a chilling cabin has to be sacrificed during such conditions ..so be prepared to sweat it out

Maybe we can carry over the discussion onto the dedicated thread for this for more Gyan.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 15:37   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
This is not a canteen deal.
The Road Tax and Registration price is quoted as 12300 Rupees in the receipt.
Good for you. Road tax/regn is ~80K here and probably 1L or more in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Can you do me a favour? Just try fitting your alloy wheeled tyre in the boot and see if it fits properly. I know its not convenient but it would be extremely helpful for me.
Sorry, I am not messing with my car wheels. You can check in the TD car I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
One thing for sure..your penchant for a chilling cabin has to be sacrificed during such conditions ..so be prepared to sweat it out
Someone suggested that I lower all the windows down when the fogging happens on the outside of the windshield. This sounds logical as well, but how do I do that when its raining cats and dogs outside.

Last two days, I have been driving with AC on during the rains but haven't seen any misting. Guess the atmospheric conditions weren't perfect enough to enable mist formation.

Last edited by Gilead : 8th July 2010 at 15:51.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 18:45   #369
BHPian

Question

Quote:
!st Service due is 5000kms or 3 months whichever occur earlier from the date vehicle purchased (Invoice date).
In your case -its only 2500kms and completed 2 months so doubtful whether they will agree but no harm in checking with the dealer.
I have something different to ask, if it does not sound OT.

I always thought that service intervals are to be considered from the date I bought the car from the showroom. I never thought that it will be considered from the date of invoice.

I got my car invoiced on Jan 1, 2010 and delivery on Jan 21, 2010. Hence I thought that my 1st service will be on or before April 21, 2010. Got it serviced on April 14. Now I come to know that it is indeed the invoice date that needs to be considered. So I delayed my 1st service by 14 days.

What can be the implications for this? Considering nothing major needs to be done during 1st service (not even oil change), will be any issues of void warranty?

However, I realised my miscalculation recently and did the 2nd service on time.
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 19:13   #370
BHPian

Gilead, the problem is that the dealership is nearly an hour and a half's drive from my place. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered you.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 19:15   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
You should switch off AC (cooling!), otherwise even with fresh+AC
Using heater sometimes can reduce the effect, this might cause misting from inside!
Right you are sir.

Quote:
Is Kerala as humid as Chennai?
Depends on "where" in Kerala you are.
But then again when it rains humidity is usually high.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 09:38   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
I have something different to ask, if it does not sound OT.

I always thought that service intervals are to be considered from the date I bought the car from the showroom. I never thought that it will be considered from the date of invoice.

I got my car invoiced on Jan 1, 2010 and delivery on Jan 21, 2010. Hence I thought that my 1st service will be on or before April 21, 2010. Got it serviced on April 14. Now I come to know that it is indeed the invoice date that needs to be considered. So I delayed my 1st service by 14 days.

What can be the implications for this? Considering nothing major needs to be done during 1st service (not even oil change), will be any issues of void warranty?

However, I realised my miscalculation recently and did the 2nd service on time.
+
What my dealer told me was that when an Invoice is made same is copied to Ford office for their records. So in the records of Ford the vehicle is purchased on the Invoice date and as such the service duration/date is calculated.
even if you miss one service, it may not have any effect on warranty.
Some Dealer workshop insist the date very strictly but many are cooperative and will do the service even few days here and there.
It all depends to dealer to dealer. (I think dealer get some payment/charges from ford for the service they doing to each car agaisnt submitting the Service coupon?)
Old 9th July 2010, 11:27   #373
BHPian

Quote:
+
What my dealer told me was that when an Invoice is made same is copied to Ford office for their records. So in the records of Ford the vehicle is purchased on the Invoice date and as such the service duration/date is calculated.
even if you miss one service, it may not have any effect on warranty.
Some Dealer workshop insist the date very strictly but many are cooperative and will do the service even few days here and there.
It all depends to dealer to dealer. (I think dealer get some payment/charges from ford for the service they doing to each car agaisnt submitting the Service coupon?)
Thanks nair sir for the update. The dealer did not tell me anything or make noise about the date slippage during the 1st service. Infact, the 1st service went smoothly, and so the 2nd one.

I hope that the dealer will not make noise about it in future.
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 11:42   #374
Senior - BHPian

@mayukh
Normally, the dealer people used to call us and remind the next service date. It is the practise among the dealer/service section becuase we easily forget the service dates because of other daily routine works.
I used to get such calls atleast one week in advance from my dealer/workshop people (not only for the car but also from the two wheeler service centre).
Even when I had my previous car's (maruti, hyundai etc), they used to call me and ask for a date to pick up the car or arrange to deliver the car to their show room.
I dont know how about your dealer?
Old 9th July 2010, 13:06   #375
BHPian

The warranty terms & conditions clearly states that warrany will be void in case the service schedule is not followed. For regular oil/filter change etc, dealers may not make a fuss but in case some expensive item has to be replaced, rest assured they will go thru the service history with a magnying glass - every trick/loophole in the book come into play to sidestep commitments.

Is there any compelling reason to miss the scheduled service intervals?. In case there are unavoidable reason, it will be better to have something in writing (like email communication) in advance.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote