Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th July 2010, 14:32   #376
BHPian

Default Seat Belt Pads (Black)

Can somebody confirm whether or not Seat Belt Pads for a Fiesta are available in Black colour? The question arises because the Fiesta Sports Interiors are Black and not the usual Beige.
Any pictures available?

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 12th July 2010 at 14:40.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 14:45   #377
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Can somebody confirm whether or not Seat Belt Pads for a Fiesta are available in Black colour? The question arises because the Fiesta Sports Interiors are Black and not the usual Beige.
Any pictures available?
The Fiesta accesories price list which I recently got from the dealer says the seat belt pads are camel beige in colour costing Rs 395. Doubt it if you get them in Black.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 14:52   #378
BHPian

But, the ones I would be getting cost somewhere around 200 Rupees a pair. And yeah! I found this-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/68866-all-fiesta-owners-you-here-8.html

Check post# 111. after that check Gilead's subsequent post which has another price list. DAMN!
Old 12th July 2010, 14:53   #379
Senior - BHPian

abhipuru, it comes only in beige as far as I know. But why do you need them anyway? It's a useless accessory and I have never felt the need for it. Have you had a good look at the seatbelt holder in the car? You may be better off spending that money on scuff plates.

Last edited by Gilead : 12th July 2010 at 14:55.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 15:16   #380
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Or maybe on the neck rest cushions again in Biege.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:31   #381
Senior - BHPian

Or maybe on these? They are beige too but look good.

Old 12th July 2010, 17:00   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@mayukh
Normally, the dealer people used to call us and remind the next service date. It is the practise among the dealer/service section becuase we easily forget the service dates because of other daily routine works.
I used to get such calls atleast one week in advance from my dealer/workshop people (not only for the car but also from the two wheeler service centre).
Even when I had my previous car's (maruti, hyundai etc), they used to call me and ask for a date to pick up the car or arrange to deliver the car to their show room.
I dont know how about your dealer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
The warranty terms & conditions clearly states that warrany will be void in case the service schedule is not followed. For regular oil/filter change etc, dealers may not make a fuss but in case some expensive item has to be replaced, rest assured they will go thru the service history with a magnying glass - every trick/loophole in the book come into play to sidestep commitments.

Is there any compelling reason to miss the scheduled service intervals?. In case there are unavoidable reason, it will be better to have something in writing (like email communication) in advance.
First of all, I remember that I did not get any reminder mails/calls during my 1st service. Also, as I said, I was under the impression that the service intervals are counted from the day the car is delivered. Hence, got it serviced 7 days before 3 months of delivery (but 14 days after 3 months of invoice).

It was only during the 2nd service that I got reminder mails and came to know that it gets counted from the date of invoice.

It seems that I may have to talk to the service guys to try and get something in writing. I need to try my luck and hope for the best.
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 17:10   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
First of all, I remember that I did not get any reminder mails/calls during my 1st service. Also, as I said, I was under the impression that the service intervals are counted from the day the car is delivered. Hence, got it serviced 7 days before 3 months of delivery (but 14 days after 3 months of invoice).

It was only during the 2nd service that I got reminder mails and came to know that it gets counted from the date of invoice.

It seems that I may have to talk to the service guys to try and get something in writing. I need to try my luck and hope for the best.
++

Please see the service coupon in the owners manual, and they clearly mentioned therein as:

''To be carried out at ---- kms or - months whichever occurs earlier from the Vehicle sale date''.

In any case ford is giving only 2 free services which you already carried out. The next ones being paid service exact dates are not compulsory or mostly service people will definitely call you (because paid service!) when it is due.

Last edited by nairrk : 12th July 2010 at 17:11. Reason: correction
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 18:58   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You seem to be sweating this a little more than necessary. lol I don't think any manufacturer has ever denied a warranty claim because the first service was done a few days late. And you do know that the first service on a Fiesta is nothing but fluid level check and water wash right?
Old 12th July 2010, 20:46   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
You seem to be sweating this a little more than necessary. lol I don't think any manufacturer has ever denied a warranty claim because the first service was done a few days late. And you do know that the first service on a Fiesta is nothing but fluid level check and water wash right?
Yes, Gilead. That's what I am precisely thinking while writing my 1st query about this.
Quote:
I have something different to ask, if it does not sound OT.

I always thought that service intervals are to be considered from the date I bought the car from the showroom. I never thought that it will be considered from the date of invoice.

I got my car invoiced on Jan 1, 2010 and delivery on Jan 21, 2010. Hence I thought that my 1st service will be on or before April 21, 2010. Got it serviced on April 14. Now I come to know that it is indeed the invoice date that needs to be considered. So I delayed my 1st service by 14 days.

What can be the implications for this? Considering nothing major needs to be done during 1st service (not even oil change), will be any issues of void warranty?

However, I realised my miscalculation recently and did the 2nd service on time.
After all, I can only hope now that they do not create any fuss later Putting this topic now to rest so that your ownership report does not go seriously OT.

Last edited by mayukh : 12th July 2010 at 20:49. Reason: Added text at end
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 20:52   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
abhipuru, it comes only in beige as far as I know. But why do you need them anyway? It's a useless accessory and I have never felt the need for it. Have you had a good look at the seatbelt holder in the car? You may be better off spending that money on scuff plates.
Hi
Well the deal that was decided said that I can get the Seat Belt Pads for free and the Scuff Plates for Rs. 1000 as opposed to Rs. 1250. Can I ask them to deduct the amount for the Seat Belt Pads and then, I shall pay something around Rs. 700 for Scuff Plates only.
Old 13th July 2010, 00:59   #387
BHPian

@abhipuru,
Seat belt pads are a nuisance...I took a pair for my kids at the back, but they threw it after the first use. With the pads on, the belts cannot pull away naturally and everytime it has to be detached. Avoid at all costs. Currently I use it to wrap it around the carry handles of a big suitcase...provide good cushioning effect. LOL.

@Mayukh,
Quote:
First of all, I remember that I did not get any reminder mails/calls during my 1st service.
Why am I not surprised? Typical Cal!. But on the other hand, I received an SMS from the CAL a.s.s, Ganga Ford, where I did my 1st free service, regarding their location shift a week back or so. LOL.

BTW, I got two 1st free services, one in Cal, another in Chennai, within a week)

Also, as I said, I was under the impression that the service intervals are counted from the day the car is delivered. Hence, got it serviced 7 days before 3 months of delivery (but 14 days after 3 months of invoice).
Boss, like with almost everything in India, there is always some "fou"..don't worry, since both invoice & delivery dates are recorded in writing, saner minds will prevail when the crunch times come.

i.e, becos 2nd service is free "paid" service...a.s.s gets to earn something whereas 1st free service is actually, free..LOL.

In case you succeed, let us all know the art;-}
@gilead, are those pillow pictures from you S? I also got 2, but now left with only 1..dunno where the other vanished? Suspect, one of them was dragged down on the road by one my kids/their schoolbags unmindfully while getting out in the first month itself. However, these are pretty nice stuff.

Anyone using the Ford branded neckrest? I have two, costs 225/- each..sometimes it can function as back/lumbar support as well.

Last edited by sanjayc : 13th July 2010 at 01:11.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 01:58   #388
BHPian

So, is there a better accessory in place of those Seat Belt Pads, similar in pricing and sensible enough?
Old 13th July 2010, 08:05   #389
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
So, is there a better accessory in place of those Seat Belt Pads, similar in pricing and sensible enough?
I think scuff plates and Steering cover leather are the only ones in your price range. If you increase you budget slightly you can go for the sports pedal.

BTW guys, Ford dealer, Thane is selling a door mirror lock. Any ideas about that? Is it useful, any pics if possible?
Old 13th July 2010, 09:53   #390
BHPian

What is door mirror lock? Is it for preventing someone from walking away with the ORVMs?
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote