Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th July 2010, 10:47   #391
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
What is door mirror lock? Is it for preventing someone from walking away with the ORVMs?
Had a word with the dealer sales team. Its actually a powder coated steel frame which probably sits on the OVRM body to prevent the mirror from being removed & stolen. Its being sold for Rs 500/-.
The OVRM mirror it seems is easily pluckable and prone to theft.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 11:29   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@gilead, are those pillow pictures from you S? I also got 2, but now left with only 1..dunno where the other vanished? Suspect, one of them was dragged down on the road by one my kids/their schoolbags unmindfully while getting out in the first month itself. However, these are pretty nice stuff.
Yes, its from my car and the pillows are very nice. Mostly used as decorations but they have been useful on a couple of occasions when my kid took a nap.

Quote:
Anyone using the Ford branded neckrest? I have two, costs 225/- each..sometimes it can function as back/lumbar support as well.
I am not using them. Maybe I'll need them when I get older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
So, is there a better accessory in place of those Seat Belt Pads, similar in pricing and sensible enough?
You can try and get a number plate with a better/fancy font. The ones that the dealer usually gives will come with big ugly fonts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I think scuff plates and Steering cover leather are the only ones in your price range. If you increase you budget slightly you can go for the sports pedal.
He is buying an S which already comes with sports pedals and leather steering cover.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 13:08   #393
BHPian

Quote:
I think scuff plates and Steering cover leather are the only ones in your price range. If you increase you budget slightly you can go for the sports pedal.

BTW guys, Ford dealer, Thane is selling a door mirror lock. Any ideas about that? Is it useful, any pics if possible?
HUH! Sir, I am getting an "S". I assume these all are part of the deal, don't they come as standard in my car?
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 13:49   #394
Senior - BHPian

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
HUH! Sir, I am getting an "S". I assume these all are part of the deal, don't they come as standard in my car?
I am sorry, guess I overlooked the fact that you are getting an "S". It comes as std except for scuff plates which means you are left with some surplus cash for a good party.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 13:55   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry, guess I overlooked the fact that you are getting an "S". It comes as std except for scuff plates which means you are left with some surplus cash for a good party.
He's left with 250 bucks for the party. Not sure how 'good' it would be.

abhipuru, what is the waiting time for your car?
Old 13th July 2010, 16:42   #396
BHPian

See, I booked my car on 19th June and am expected to get it home around the last week of July (this month).
Old 14th July 2010, 13:52   #397
BHPian

@abhipuru; which color have you finalized. Why is it taking such a long time? Almost 40 days.. I got my S delivered in 21 days that too after a delay!!
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 19:28   #398
BHPian

It's a Sea Grey. I don't know but this is what the waiting period was told to me. I don't mind it if I get it delivered at the committed time. See, I talked to Ford India Customer Care about the waiting period and they told me it could even take 2 months. Now, considering this, I feel I would be happy if I get my car delivered in the promised time frame.
Actually, I am pressing my Sales Consultant to get me my car on 23rd July, mainly because we bought our first car on this date and it also happens to be my Mother's Birthdate!
Old 14th July 2010, 23:07   #399
BHPian

Default Pete's on deisel fiesta

This is OT,

Has anybody on the forum tried Pete's on a diesel fiesta ? How much of an increase is there on performance ?

Also Pete's is known to increase the performance but on what counts
1. Only initial acceleration / only top speed
2. Both intial and top end
3. Or across the whole range, initial-mid-topend
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 11:09   #400
Senior - BHPian

Arun, get in touch with PearlYamaha. He just imported the same box that Petes sells here for half the price. He can advice you on performance changes.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...rectly-uk.html
Old 15th July 2010, 14:01   #401
BHPian

Thank you very much. Looks like PearlYamaha has not installed the kit yet.
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 11:41   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Now comes the surprise - Rajesh turns up alongwith Riyaz, and informs me that the Pollen filter has been replaced - I see the invoice - it says A/C Filter - cost some 113/-...Am not sure what to say..First I am dissuaded to replace, next I am told this is no longer fitted in Fiesta, finally, it gets replaced. I ask them to show them the old part - below is the picture of what they have replaced.

Seems to me this is the cabin filter..it looks exactly like Windows A/C filter, only smaller in size. Pollen filters are supposed to paper based and can only be replace...no use cleaning them once too much junk has been gathered on them.

The filter (pic below) that they replaced, is in perfect condition, not much dirt, and anyways being made on plastic/synthetic, is washable & resuable, just like home a/c filters.

Decide not to raise much of a fuss as of then. Wanted to gather more info before confronting them.

Came back home. Did some research...not able to find much info, except that there is some a/c related filter towards the front passenger right air vents (below the glove box, towards right, a/c air vents are there). Checked in the morning, there is a flap here which can be removed. Found it to be loose, ie, fixed at the front end but towards the back side, they have forgotten to fix the screw - typical careless.

NOW, WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS THIS:

1. How many filters are there in Fiesta, which is directly related/connected to A/C / HVAC system and its functioning?

2. If there are more than one, where are they placed?

3. My odo at service handover was 6824..on getting it back it was 6829 - 5Kms difference!! Is it becos of wheel alignment/tyre rotation/testing etc?

===========
Attachment 368306

Sanjay----this is to confirm that the filter in the pic is indeed the AC filter in the Fiesta---I saw a new piece yesterday at Mody Ford.

Now that I know what it is, I will ask them to clean it in future services instead of replacing it.

I guess the earlier paper filter used to be called 'Pollen Filter' and Ford India might not have updated the name in their database, though the new filter is no longer made of paper/ pollen.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 16:03   #403
BHPian

Gilead,

On page 45 of my owner's manual it says:

"Welcome Lighting - the side and tail lamps will come on when you unlock the doors with remote control....".

This doesn't happen in my S.

When I asked the sales exec at the dealer, he said this means "indicators" but I don't agree. Side and tail lamps means "Parking lamps".

Perhaps this is only for the ZXI/SXI? Does this work in your car?

Thanks!
Damu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 16:09   #404
Senior - BHPian

Damu, that's a mistake in the manual. Only the side and rear indicators (orange) turn on (once or twice depending on what you do) when you use the remote. This is how it works in all the variants.

And BTW there are no parking lamps on the side. They are there in the front and rear only. By 'parking lamps', I guess you mean the pilot lights.
Old 27th July 2010, 16:33   #405
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Gilead is correct the indicators are the one flashing when you use remote for opening (one flash) and locking (two flashes).
What is written in the manual is correct. (they says that ''the side and tail lamps will
come on..'' and never said about parking light.
There will be 3 indicators on each side will flash when using the remote i.e back side indicators, side indicators (the one fitted on the side just near the front doors) and the indicator fitted on the headlight assembly.
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote