Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 13:45   #31
BHPian
 
TheHummerGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 45
Thanked: Once
Default

@Gilead, Nice review and the pictures look very nice. I too like the stiffer suspension as they dampen very quick unlike the softer ones. I travel daily via OMR and the roads though are good you can find some undulations and all vehicles going over these you can see them bounce for sometime. The handling as you say is top class in this machine. I am loving it too !!
TheHummerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 13:54   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Hummer Guy, you are lucky to be driving on OMR daily. Do you pay toll? My drive is mostly on the 100 feet road so I get a few open stretches where I can floor it. But it's a crawl otherwise.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 14:15   #33
BHPian
 
ikoneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 486
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

@Gilead, buddy best wishes to you on your new 'road' car. just now saw the thread.

I personally think Ford is like our good old ambassador, sturdy and reliable, Made for India.

What are the mods planned and good that you have so many Fiesta counterparts.

OT: How i miss my Ikon
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 14:29   #34
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Just came across your thread. Congrats on the blue beast.
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 15:53   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
@Gilead, buddy best wishes to you on your new 'road' car. just now saw the thread.

I personally think Ford is like our good old ambassador, sturdy and reliable, Made for India.

What are the mods planned and good that you have so many Fiesta counterparts.

OT: How i miss my Ikon
ikoneer, thanks. No mods planned for now. Might upgrade the ICE later on but that's it. I would love to get that bass-y exhaust that sathee has put in his S, but my wife will have none of that. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Just came across your thread. Congrats on the blue beast.
Thanks! So when is your next weekend drive to Chennai?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 16:07   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Congrats on the blue monster, so now its shown to the public ! Heart will always go after an S, no doubt and no arguements on that. Now the new SX4 is trying something in the similar line with side skirts or sports kit whatever they call it !
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 16:56   #37
BHPian
 
TheHummerGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 45
Thanked: Once
Default

Yes Gilead, I pay toll daily 30rs but i did once from vijayanager to siruseri toll gate flat 25mins avg speed 90kph
TheHummerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 23:02   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Congrats on the blue monster, so now its shown to the public ! Heart will always go after an S, no doubt and no arguements on that. Now the new SX4 is trying something in the similar line with side skirts or sports kit whatever they call it !
The SX4 body kit is optional only. And the car with the kit looks like Jabba the Hutt to me. lol Ok, I'll stop before the 'men' thrash me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHummerGuy View Post
Yes Gilead, I pay toll daily 30rs but i did once from vijayanager to siruseri toll gate flat 25mins avg speed 90kph
Aren't you supposed to be in the running-in period as well? My car has not touched even 80 yet.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 23:17   #39
BHPian
 
Moonraker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 171
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The SX4 body kit is optional only. And the car with the kit looks like Jabba the Hutt to me. lol Ok, I'll stop before the 'men' thrash me.


Aren't you supposed to be in the running-in period as well? My car has not touched even 80 yet.
whats your odo reading? dont tell me you have'nt touched 80 in 1.6 sport ... I cant control my right feet even in a zxi and with 1.6S i would have touched atleast 180 and seen how it would have behaved.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 23:28   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Odo reading is 380 kms dude. My right leg sometimes cramps 'cos I have to strain to keep it under control.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 23:31   #41
BHPian
 
Moonraker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 171
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

hmm... so you are yet to enjoy the true power of your baby. Hope you come out of the restrains pretty fast... i am out of these now 2060 on Odo and ripping away to glory hehehe.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 10:15   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

How does one clean alloy wheels? I see brake dust on them every morning and they don't completely go away with a water wash or cloth. Should I use diesel?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 10:21   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
How does one clean alloy wheels? I see brake dust on them every morning and they don't completely go away with a water wash or cloth. Should I use diesel?
+
Did you try with any 'car wash' Liquid?
First spray little water on the alloys
Use a small brush (may be used toothbrush) and apply the liquid on the alloys, especially where more dust accumulated, leave it for 5 minutes and again rub it with the brush- wash it with water and rub with wet cloth?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 10:33   #44
BHPian
 
sathee46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 465
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Hey vijay it's only the RPM you need to watch for not the speed. You can go ahead and push it a little more having an eye on the RPM. Keep it below 2500.
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 11:04   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 156
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Did you try with any 'car wash' Liquid?
First spray little water on the alloys
Use a small brush (may be used toothbrush) and apply the liquid on the alloys, especially where more dust accumulated, leave it for 5 minutes and again rub it with the brush- wash it with water and rub with wet cloth?
just a word of caution. Please do not direct water jet into the wheels. If at all, you are doing it, ensure that you are taking the vehicle out with in 12 hours of cleaning.

Water can form a layer of rust between the brake pads and the wheel. If you leave the car longer with water in between the brake pads and wheel, the wheel can get locked due to rust. I have faced this problem and asked the guy who wash my car to be careful about it

Enjoy the drive!
tortoise is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Go Fida ... My new Ford Fiesta 1.6S ..Aquarius Blue nityanand.s.s Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 64 14th September 2014 12:42
Blu ray discs / regions / all-in-one blu ray disc player VSG12777 Gadgets, Computers & Software 4 29th May 2014 13:55
Ducati Monster 796 Vs Yamaha FZ1 EDIT - Bought A Red Monster shayne Superbikes & Imports 130 10th February 2012 15:40
TakeThat: DipantS-BlueBeast-Aquarius-Fiesta1.6S DipantS Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 17 26th July 2010 08:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks