Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 16:50   #436
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Thats good idea - you will sell the car (when you are ready for new car) with OE equipments and can use this new set up for your next car also!!
Yes sir. As adviced by D-Nitrous, I went in for a set up that would sound good and last for at least 10 years. Change the cars, but retain the ICE.

No point going in for a low budget setup now and then keep upgrading when individual components quickly hit their limitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
I can see that the HU/Sub was an impromptu decision? What gives?

How much is the damage? Isn't the Kenwood HU a single-DIN? What happens to the gap?
The impromptu decision to replace the HU was made because the OE HU had hit its limits and spoiling the whole show. It still sounded far better than what comes as OE, but a certain something was missing. LOW BASS! The sub was being driven only when bass comes mixed in the stereo. The separate sub track that is mixed in the song was missing altogether.

The gap has been fixed neatly by a panel.

Last edited by Gilead : 10th August 2010 at 17:09.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:49   #437
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

ICE review posted at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-6s-ice-d.html
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 12:39   #438
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,115
Thanked: 3,489 Times
Default

hey, just a simble query.
what to do with the OE HU of the fiesta?
does it have a market?
non-mp3 6cd changer??
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 14:34   #439
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
hey, just a simble query.
what to do with the OE HU of the fiesta?
does it have a market?
non-mp3 6cd changer??
I am keeping the OE HU and speakers and putting it back in the car whenever it's time to upgrade. The whole thing will probably have a value of 2.5K. It's too good an OE system to let go at a price like that.

And are you asking if you can fit a non MP3 CD changer to the OE HU? Nope, you can't.

Last edited by Gilead : 13th August 2010 at 14:35.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 14:58   #440
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,115
Thanked: 3,489 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I am keeping the OE HU and speakers and putting it back in the car whenever it's time to upgrade. The whole thing will probably have a value of 2.5K. It's too good an OE system to let go at a price like that.

And are you asking if you can fit a non MP3 CD changer to the OE HU? Nope, you can't.


now why would i do that?

what i meant was my oe is the ACD 6 cd changer.
not much use except for the radio and the nice integration with the plastics inside the car.
2.5 k???
sure?
i'll keep it in storage, thank you very much.
I thought there would be a better market, from the base model fiestas being sold.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 15:50   #441
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post


now why would i do that?

what i meant was my oe is the ACD 6 cd changer.
not much use except for the radio and the nice integration with the plastics inside the car.
2.5 k???
sure?
i'll keep it in storage, thank you very much.
I thought there would be a better market, from the base model fiestas being sold.
There is no ACD changer in my 2009 Fiesta. It comes with an MP3 player and Aux input. No USB.

That's the rate in the market here. You could check in the Delhi accessories market. The HU is Sanyo and the speakers are made by a FoMoCo supplier in China.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 10:34   #442
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Take a look at that mileage~

sanjay, here is the DTE pic as promised. I think my car's gone nuts. The mileage gets better the more it is ripped. The mileage drops if I drive 'conservatively' below 2K RPM. I get the best mileage when engine speed is above 2700 RPM.

Anachronix did tell me earlier that it will eventually start giving this kind of a mileage. I believe him now.
Attached Thumbnails
My Blu-Monster- Ford Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius-dte-50.jpg  


Last edited by Gilead : 24th August 2010 at 10:36.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 10:47   #443
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 204
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

I really envy you Gilead. 140+377 = 517. That's 11.5 kmpl. Assuming it's mostly being city driven with mostly AC on, it's sure that you car has gone nuts.

After every tankfill, my Fiesta's DTE value reads just less than yours' distance travelled in the pic. Poor me, poor my Fiesta.
But 1 thing I agree that I am driving always at less than 2000 RPM (more so between 1500-2000). In fact, I sometimes try to pull from 30 kmph in 3rd gear and from 40-45 kmph in 4th (RPM goes down to 100-1100 at those times).

Looking at your figures, I will start driving always beyond 2000. But I assume that you shift from 1st to 2nd in lower figures. Am I correct? How do you handle RPM decrease during gear upshifts?

Please enlighten me as I am desperate to go beyond 8.3 KMPL.
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 11:06   #444
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Please enlighten me as I am desperate to go beyond 8.3 KMPL.
Is that calculated based on tankful to tankful method? You do get this kind of a mileage when running distance is very short.

I move from 1st to 2nd at around 2K RPM. After that, I change gears only above 3K RPM. 3rd to 4th is typically at 3.5K RPM. My return journey home is usually only after 9:30 pm and I take a route that's fast flowing even though it's 30% longer than my daytime route.

Do not lug the engine under any circumstances. Even though the Fiesta can easily pull in a higher gear at lower RPMs, it's better to downshift and keep the tacho above 2300 at least.

And yes, this is the city mileage with AC on all the time.

I am planning to use System G from the next tankful to see if there is any increase in responsiveness.

Last edited by Gilead : 24th August 2010 at 11:07.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 12:40   #445
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Whoa! That's 200 Kms too many...did you go on a highway drive recently or what? Those type of figures I got during my Cal trip.

But I agree, shifting at around 3K is the way to go..have been doing this past couple of months...at least I can confirm the mileage is no way less (if not better) compared to shifting @2K which I was doing earlier.

Also, from past tankfull (@shell) have kept my tyre pressure at the ford recommended 35/44 level - am noticing at least 30Kms difference at this stage (purely based on DTE) compared to 26-28/32-36 earlier.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 12:59   #446
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 204
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Is that calculated based on tankful to tankful method? You do get this kind of a mileage when running distance is very short.

I move from 1st to 2nd at around 2K RPM. After that, I change gears only above 3K RPM. 3rd to 4th is typically at 3.5K RPM. My return journey home is usually only after 9:30 pm and I take a route that's fast flowing even though it's 30% longer than my daytime route.

Do not lug the engine under any circumstances. Even though the Fiesta can easily pull in a higher gear at lower RPMs, it's better to downshift and keep the tacho above 2300 at least.

And yes, this is the city mileage with AC on all the time.

I am planning to use System G from the next tankful to see if there is any increase in responsiveness.
Yes, it is calculated based on tankfull. I travel 24 KM in the morning & 11 in the evening. I do not know whether you call it a short distance travel. My avg speed for both journeys varies from 14-17 kmph (35 KM in 2-2.4 hrs). What about yours?

I will try to keep the tacho above 2300.

Used System-G for the 1st time during last tankfull. Something feels good, either the engine note or the response or both. However, I am still a newbie to understand these.
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 13:33   #447
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Also, from past tankfull (@shell) have kept my tyre pressure at the ford recommended 35/44 level - am noticing at least 30Kms difference at this stage (purely based on DTE) compared to 26-28/32-36 earlier.
Tire pressure plays a big part. As expected, mileage drops like crazy if tires are underinflated. The only time I got less than 9 was when my tires were underinflated. They were at 22-24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Yes, it is calculated based on tankfull. I travel 24 KM in the morning & 11 in the evening. I do not know whether you call it a short distance travel. My avg speed for both journeys varies from 14-17 kmph (35 KM in 2-2.4 hrs). What about yours?

I will try to keep the tacho above 2300.

Used System-G for the 1st time during last tankfull. Something feels good, either the engine note or the response or both. However, I am still a newbie to understand these.
What about your clutch? Do you ride it? Since there is no low speed jerking in the Fiesta like a 3 cyl car, I never touch the clutch unless I have to change gears. The car can crawl at extremely low speeds in 1st gear without the use of the clutch. It depends on the way you release it. Clutch is needed only when coming to an absolute standstill.

My avg speed in the morning is 21 kmph and 31 kmph in the evenings. Driven mostly in 2nd and 3rd gears with an occasional 4th if I hit 70 on certain stretches.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 14:45   #448
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 204
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
What about your clutch? Do you ride it? Since there is no low speed jerking in the Fiesta like a 3 cyl car, I never touch the clutch unless I have to change gears. The car can crawl at extremely low speeds in 1st gear without the use of the clutch. It depends on the way you release it. Clutch is needed only when coming to an absolute standstill.

My avg speed in the morning is 21 kmph and 31 kmph in the evenings. Driven mostly in 2nd and 3rd gears with an occasional 4th if I hit 70 on certain stretches.
I try not to ride clutch at all. Press clutch only when the speed goes down below 10 kmph. But sometimes I ride on it accidentally during unforseen braking (seems to become tensed).

I will try to keep RPM values as suggested by you. Let's see what happens.
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 14:48   #449
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
There is no ACD changer in my 2009 Fiesta. It comes with an MP3 player and Aux input. No USB.

That's the rate in the market here. You could check in the Delhi accessories market. The HU is Sanyo and the speakers are made by a FoMoCo supplier in China.
+
Yes correct, the OE HU will fetch only around 2.5/3k maximum even in my place. (May be the price is low because the HU can only be fixed in a car where there is space for 2din, and nowadays most of the high end cars comes with OE music system).
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 15:29   #450
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,115
Thanked: 3,489 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Yes correct, the OE HU will fetch only around 2.5/3k maximum even in my place. (May be the price is low because the HU can only be fixed in a car where there is space for 2din, and nowadays most of the high end cars comes with OE music system).
Ok, thread is active.lemme post quickly to get some eyeballs.
i have a boxed pioneer avh3200dvd unit with me.
now this needs some trim around it so that it fits flush in place of the OE unit.
is there somesort of fitting kit that can be used?
has anybody here installed a a multimedia double din system in their fiesta?
if so, any pictures, and sources for the kit?

what i mean is,in the attached picture:
prple bit is the actual dash area around the head unit,red is the area the new unit will take.
if i remove the OE hu, i will need a fascia plate to cover the dash region and have a slot to put i nthe new unit.

any clarity?
i know i have confused myself......

ps:not to scale

Last edited by mayankk : 24th August 2010 at 15:32. Reason: please delete:auto refresh posted this before i could attach pictures
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Go Fida ... My new Ford Fiesta 1.6S ..Aquarius Blue nityanand.s.s Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 64 14th September 2014 12:42
Blu ray discs / regions / all-in-one blu ray disc player VSG12777 Gadgets, Computers & Software 4 29th May 2014 13:55
Ducati Monster 796 Vs Yamaha FZ1 EDIT - Bought A Red Monster shayne Superbikes & Imports 130 10th February 2012 15:40
TakeThat: DipantS-BlueBeast-Aquarius-Fiesta1.6S DipantS Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 17 26th July 2010 08:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks