Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th August 2010, 11:47   #481
BHPian

A bit off track, but there is a second hand 2008 Fiesta-S for sale, run about 17k kms, asking price is 5.75. The car has been hit from behind, only shell damage, but all the parts were replaced & not repaired. There is not structural damage to the vehicle.
Now, I am really tempted. What would be the ideal price for a Ford Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius in Pune? Carwale's estimate is around 5lakhs. Help guys!
I am viewing the car in the next 30 mins. Anything specific to the 1.6S I should watch out for?
mb_jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 12:08   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
A bit off track, but there is a second hand 2008 Fiesta-S for sale, run about 17k kms, asking price is 5.75. The car has been hit from behind, only shell damage, but all the parts were replaced & not repaired. There is not structural damage to the vehicle.
Now, I am really tempted. What would be the ideal price for a Ford Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius in Pune? Carwale's estimate is around 5lakhs. Help guys!
I am viewing the car in the next 30 mins. Anything specific to the 1.6S I should watch out for?
Dealer or individual?
If carwale says 5, i think you could negotiate it to slightly under that.
but being accidental, put it through the grinder inspection wise, and use it to negotiate on the price.
check all electricals, suspension,all the switchgear. take a chevy beat style TD(drive it like you own it).
check the pull in lower gears.
by the by, this is just generic info for fiesta.
Fiesta S owners can point out specific ones.

PS: just read through your post again, and seems this may be of no help wahtsoever, but anyways....
Enjoy!!
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 12:12   #483
BHPian

It's an individual sale. The seller says there was only shell damage to the boot lid & rear bumper. Let's see how it goes.
The Aquarius S is an awesome vehicle with all the features it boasts. Fingers crossed.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:31   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What would be the ideal price for a Ford Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius in Pune? Carwale's estimate is around 5lakhs. Help guys!
I am viewing the car in the next 30 mins.
Can't really say because there are not too many of them in the used market. A regular 2008 1.6 SXi should go for 5-5.5. An S could go for 5.75 to 6 depending on how desperate the buyer is. It's a good deal if you could get it for 5.5. Just don't show that you are desperate.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 13:40   #485
Senior - BHPian

dont show enthusiasm either!!
it'll be hard not to, but be stone faced and keep pointing out things that are irking you.
all the best, dude, cos i know its going to be hard to keep a straight face!!
Old 30th August 2010, 14:16   #486
BHPian

Just saw the car. The seller has only replaced the boot lid & rear bumper, not repaired. There are no uneven panel gaps. The car is very clean, considering he uses it daily to office. The car tugged well through all the gears, with & without a/c on. Overall very well maintained car, run only for 17k kms odd. I was impressed with the refinement of the engine.
The tyres are low profile so will negotiate on that, cause I will be fitting on Bridgestone Turanza's. Seller asked for 5.25, I offered 5.10, he agreed.
Hopefully the loan goes through in time.
I was only worried about the spares prices & availability.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:45   #487
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!

If the boot lid was replaced, what happened to the spolier?

And what size are the Turanzas?

Spare prices are between that of a Verna and a City. But MTTF is also high so you should be okay.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:48   #488
Senior - BHPian

17000kms in about 2 years (which month in 2008 the car is registered?) so seems normal running.
Rs.5.10 seem good bargain!
Fiesta spares are available and prices will be in par with other sedan's of similar category.

Enjoy - go fida!!
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 15:07   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Congrats!

If the boot lid was replaced, what happened to the spolier?

And what size are the Turanzas?

Spare prices are between that of a Verna and a City. But MTTF is also high so you should be okay.
The spoiler has been replaced. All the broken parts were replaced, including a tail lamp & rear bumper. The engine is super smooth. There is no evidence of tampering visible in the engine bay neither on the drive.

Will decide on the size of the Turanza's if the deal goes through.
mb_jg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 15:10   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The spoiler has been replaced.
I hope it was replaced by the OE sports spoiler and not with the regular OE spoiler or even worse, a fake one. The sports spoiler costs 50% more than the regular one.

Stick to the stock 195/55/R15, or 205/50/R15 if you are upsizing.

Last edited by Gilead : 30th August 2010 at 15:11.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:35   #491
Senior - BHPian

Fingers crossed for your loan coming through in time!!
He He!!lucky youre in pune.
3 guys i have spoken to were ready to punce on this if it was in delhi!!
As for parts, i've found prices to be at par, yes, in some cases cheaper.
availability, well i was at harpreet's in okhla on the weekend trying to get a not-off-the-shelf part.The guy there said "whatever's not in stock, can be ordered, with a TAT of 4-5 days".case in point being the dash kit i wanted.
seems reasonable, no?

Enjoy the experience!!
Old 6th August 2012, 15:05   #492
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Blu-Monster- Ford Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius

I have upgraded my tires of Fiesta TDCi to 195/55/R15 (S drives)...what is the right tyre pressure for the same (mostly the front seats alone will be occupied)
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 15:44   #493
Senior - BHPian

Recommended Air Pressure as provided in the ownership manual

I also had the same query when i upgraded the tyres in my car - Tyre size may change - air pressure will remain the same
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2012, 09:10   #494
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot. Will keep the same level as recommended in the manual or on the sticker pasted next to the drivers seat

Last edited by Surprise : 7th August 2012 at 09:13.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 07:41   #495
BHPian

Dear GI lead and all, I got an offer from one of the BHPians for 1.6S fiesta, I remember I and GIlead taking delivery our cars on the same day, I have done 16.5k and during 2010 the car was just idle as I was not in India. So total usage 1.7yrs, I have not done any modification from it's originality and no accidents whatsoever. I have extended warranty running and is insured. I quoted 6.5lk as the price of car is all gone up and new one cost about 11lk let me know the best price
Thanks
TheHummerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote