Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th November 2009, 18:57   #61
Senior - BHPian

All these are nothing compared to my 18 year old cousine who recently got his DL with his age typed as '81' !! Can you beat that ? And his test was given on a Monday. Somehow it was corrected same week.

Yes Bangalore is issueing the smart plastic RC, as some other cities too I believe.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 20:43   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
All these are nothing compared to my 18 year old cousine who recently got his DL with his age typed as '81' !! Can you beat that ? And his test was given on a Monday. Somehow it was corrected same week.

Yes Bangalore is issueing the smart plastic RC, as some other cities too I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Gilead, thats a rarely heard thing. Did the registration happen on a Monday morning ? Just curious, because these guys come with a heavy hangover on a Monday. Dont you have the plastic card RC there ?
I have got the smart card type RC. My car was registered in Tiruvanmiyur and they have started testing Smart Card type RC is Chennai.

I have become the test rat for the Smart Card. I have few doubts though

My RC does not have my Photograph because it was registered in my Company Name. Is it fine to have a RC without a photograph? Can any one who had taken the car through lease plan confirm it?

On the smart Card i dont have the name "Fiesta" mentioned anywhere, is this common on smart card? When i checked with my leasing company they said that the smart card does not have a column to enter the make / model name so its fine. But need a second opinion

I have posted my smard card image below, if someone can post theirs i can get a clear comparison and then i can go back to my leasing company for some changes.
Attached Thumbnails
My Blu-Monster- Ford Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius-fiesta_rc.jpg  

Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 23:05   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hey, this smart card RC looks nice and compact. But they should have included the model and variant somewhere as it's vital information. But look at the bright side, they don't get a chance to goof up on the name. Where is the place to put a photo anyway?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 00:03   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Hey, this smart card RC looks nice and compact. But they should have included the model and variant somewhere as it's vital information. But look at the bright side, they don't get a chance to goof up on the name. Where is the place to put a photo anyway?
I really dont know where the photo would be coming :( ... i havent seen any of my friends with the smart card RC and i am feeling like a test rat..
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 09:45   #65
Senior - BHPian

For your information, the RC (similar card type) issued in kerala contains more informations (but no photograph)
i.e Car desrciption: Ford fiesta 1.6--
Dealers name:
Makers name:
Vehicle is: new vehicle
Chasis number:
Engine number:
Colour:
Date of Delivery:
Date of Registration:
Registration Validity:
Details of TAx paid:
Hypothication details: plus other details ( as per yours)
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 12:15   #66
Senior - BHPian

I must say that Aquarius attracts a lot of dust. Not as bad as black but a lot worse than my silver 800.

Ford should do something about the indicator blinkers on the panel. They are just not visible in day time. Only the click click noise indicates that the indicator is on.

I got a call from a Ford lady yesterday. I thought she was going to ask about my initial impressions of the car. But she started asking some bizarre questions like what TV channels I watch, what I eat for breakfast, what shirt brands I prefer etc. Apparently they are building a 'customer profile'! Anyone else went through this routine?
Old 28th November 2009, 13:43   #67
BHPian

I have not had any such calls, it may be for new customers, U are sure its from Ford right and not from a girl who is stalking a guy with a beautiful drive..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I must say that Aquarius attracts a lot of dust. Not as bad as black but a lot worse than my silver 800.

Ford should do something about the indicator blinkers on the panel. They are just not visible in day time. Only the click click noise indicates that the indicator is on.

I got a call from a Ford lady yesterday. I thought she was going to ask about my initial impressions of the car. But she started asking some bizarre questions like what TV channels I watch, what I eat for breakfast, what shirt brands I prefer etc. Apparently they are building a 'customer profile'! Anyone else went through this routine?
Chillout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 13:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

See??? I knew an Aquarius Blue Ford could get me chics. But NO. I chose the white!?

Wait.. But it still gets me chics

PS: The information mentioned above may be false
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 13:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

Haha, looks like we have to answer their such questions because we bought their cars? (may be the boss might have seen her sitting idle- so better way to give some job -she will be now occupied for few days?)

Unfortunately, no call from my dealer so far !
+

Re light level on the indicators - same in case of A/C switch and Recirculated air switch- when during full sunlight, the person sitting in the driving seat may not be
easily visible these small lights and confusion whether it is on or off. Now, what I have done is to keep these two switches in 'ON' position always, and only switch off the blower when come out of the car.
Old 28th November 2009, 13:56   #70
BHPian

I did get a call from them within a week I got the car last April. Later I got congratulation mail from them..

---------------------------

Dear Mr Nityananda Shetty,
Congratulations!
You are now the proud owner of a Ford Fiesta.
Ford India welcomes you to the Ford family, a family that consists of millions of Ford enthusiasts like you, across the world.
We wish you a great drive as you embark on an exciting journey with your new car.

As part of this email, we’d like to give you some contact information that you could use to get in touch with us anytime.

Road Side Assistance (RSA) - Ford Service RSA provides on-site assistance services such as mechanical services for minor repairs on-site; transportation of car to service centre if required (in flat bed trucks); fuel delivery; jumpstart of batteries; assistance to unlock cars; towing assistance and much more. Pls call 1800 102 2020 (Pls note that this service is currently available in the cities of Delhi & NCR, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Kochi, Ludhiana, Chandigarh, Kolkatta, Ahmedabad, Jaipur and Coimbatore. We are expanding this to other cities in a phased manner)

To clarify any concerns about your car or Ford service, you can contact us at <<mailto:custmail@ford.com>> or call us on our toll free number 1800-4252500 (BSNL & MTNL subscribers). All other subscribers at 6000-2500 (Please prefix your area code).

For any suggestions/feedback on general issues you can mail us at <<mailto:fordind@ford.com>>

As always, here’s to exciting miles ahead!

Sanjeev Shukla
General Manager - Marketing
Ford India Pvt Ltd.
nityanand.s.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 20:13   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I have not had any such calls, it may be for new customers, U are sure its from Ford right and not from a girl who is stalking a guy with a beautiful drive..
I felt it was a scam as well but she knew my car regn. no. and which dealer I had bought it from. Apparently another person would call to collect the actual car feedback. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
See??? I knew an Aquarius Blue Ford could get me chics. But NO. I chose the white!?

Wait.. But it still gets me chics

PS: The information mentioned above may be false
Ah, I wish I had a car like this 5 years ago when I was single and ready to mingle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Haha, looks like we have to answer their such questions because we bought their cars? (may be the boss might have seen her sitting idle- so better way to give some job -she will be now occupied for few days?)
I think her questions have given us a good hint as to what the Dec offers will be. It is going to be Tata Sky package, a box of Kellogs and a couple of shirts. Guys like ruchir who are holding out for the Dec offer take note. You are better off with the 50K corp discount.
Old 29th November 2009, 09:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it is going to be. December is the month to boost the year end sales. So one can expect more discounts and offers from FORD and also may be from the dealers (it may be applicable to all car manufacturers)?
Old 29th November 2009, 17:06   #73
Senior - BHPian

I just did my first tankful to tankful FE calculation. I am getting 9.6 in really heavy bumper to bumper city traffic with 100% AC on. This is more or less what I expected.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:35   #74
Senior - BHPian

A lot has been said about the harsher ride of the S. But I think this mainly occurs only at slow speeds on broken roads. It feels much better and glides over bad roads if they are taken at a faster speed. I was driving through a patch of broken road near my house and an NHC in front of me was bouncing and swaying all over the place. I increased my speed and the Fiesta took the potholes really well. There was thud thud noise but very little of it filtered through and there was zero body roll unlike the NHC.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:44   #75
BHPian

9.6 is very good, It should improve a bit after your second service and if you get to drive in better roads. You might want to consider the K&N replacement filter.
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote