Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th November 2009, 11:33   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post

Also what is this?? Reflection or Something else??
Attachment 233417
Common dude you can clearly see thats a reflection...
richie4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 12:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard.
The car is looking great in black ,congrats.!
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 16:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

You've choose a good machine with all the gizmo's. Do you like removing all the decals on the boot except the Hlogo. Looks very neat.
Upgrade your tires to Michelin's. will provide a better ride. I found the gear shift to be notch in diesel variant, is it the same in petrol version as well?
Ramsagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 23:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
If you can, get and use this Turtle Wax - Black Box
Will be a tough call to find one of these in local market.I will stick to wet wash followed by wiping with dry cloth for now.Will look for car wax once the initial shine appears fading.

Quote:
Aren't the ORVMs manually foldable from outside of the car?
Nope..

Quote:
What are the specs of the Sunfilm that you have got and how much did it cost you to get these fitted?
Don't remember the names but the side screens are advertised as having 55% visibility 97.8% heat rejection and 47% [I think] UV rejection.
Can get the exact name, price and specs from dealer if you want.
About the front screen, I find the headlight glare reduced by a large amount [it's almost as good as driving in daytime now] but the view has become a little blurred.Is it advisable to keep this film on or should I get it removed.?
Quote:
Also what is this?? Reflection or Something else??
That's reflection.What did you think it was.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
You've choose a good machine with all the gizmo's. Do you like removing all the decals on the boot except the Hlogo. Looks very neat.
Upgrade your tires to Michelin's. will provide a better ride. I found the gear shift to be notch in diesel variant, is it the same in petrol version as well?
The car will lose it's identity if I do that.!
The default Aceleres provided seem good to me.Besides sanctioning the funds for any after-market upgrades is gonna be tough as my dad believes that what company is best for the car.Will have to butter him up a bit to get funds now.!

Took the i to the college today.90% of the journey from my home to my college is on the Link Road.
The roads were relatively empty on my way to college.Had my chance to drive the car at moderately high speeds.The car feels extremely stable at ~80 kmph speeds.Felt like I'm doing 40 on my M800 at 80+.Felt like she could easily cross 100, but I exercised restraint considering the running-in period.

There was the usual bumper-to-bumper traffic during the return journey.The car was an absolute delight to drive and maneuver in such traffic.In M800, I used to get physically and mentally exhausted after such journeys.In i20, the only give-away to the fact that I had driven in such traffic was a slight pain in my right leg due to frequent accelerating and braking.
I still haven't got used to the "fighting" tendency of steering wheel.It seems all too eager to jump back to center position once I loosen my grip on it when into a turn.The car ends up turning too much too soon because of it.This IMO is the only factor that mars the otherwise great driving experience the car offers.
iTwenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 23:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTwenty View Post
Nope..
Ddamn thats bad, because what if one forgets to close ORVMs from inside and then later on someone else tries to close it from outside thinking it as manual one

Quote:
It would be great. I am more interested in getting the price of the frontwindshield Sunfilm

Quote:
The car will lose it's identity if I do that.!
The default Aceleres provided seem good to me.
Just get that White Modi Hyundai Advert on the rear window removed and from what I have heard from other owners of i20 on the forum the stock Aceleres are good enough for the car
Safin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 14:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin
Aren't the ORVMs manually foldable from outside of the car?

Nope..

Answer by Anuj : You can fold it manually but should not as it may create problem with electric motor. But I believe that occasionally if you do it will not be much of issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin
What are the specs of the Sunfilm that you have got and how much did it cost you to get these fitted?

Don't remember the names but the side screens are advertised as having 55% visibility 97.8% heat rejection and 47% [I think] UV rejection.
About the front screen, I find the headlight glare reduced by a large amount [it's almost as good as driving in daytime now] but the view has become a little blurred.Is it advisable to keep this film on or should I get it removed.?

Answer by Anuj :If you are having highway and night driving then I suggest you to remove the film as it reduces visibility and with i20 head light are not so good it will have more issues.
Anuj_Mumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 10:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
It would be great. I am more interested in getting the price of the frontwindshield Sunfilm
The front sunfilm is Llumar air 75.Cost me 2500 Rs.Side films is some Cool tint film having 50% visibility.Cost again 2500 Rs.

Quote:
Just get that White Modi Hyundai Advert on the rear window removed
Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj_Mumbai View Post
If you are having highway and night driving then I suggest you to remove the film as it reduces visibility and with i20 head light are not so good it will have more issues.
Seriously considering getting it removed as it affects both day-time as well as night-time driving.Without it, only night-time driving is affected.
Old 26th November 2009, 11:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Seriously considering getting it removed as it affects both day-time as well as night-time driving.Without it, only night-time driving is affected.
Does that mean having front windshield Sunfilm is a bad idea on i20, considering the reports from other users saying that headlamps aren't as good as they should be? Other i20 owners please respond
Old 26th November 2009, 12:06   #24
BHPian

@itwenty - Does the i20 come with rear a/c vents, something like below the front seats?
p'arth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 12:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
@itwenty - Does the i20 come with rear a/c vents, something like below the front seats?
Yes it AC vents under the front seats. Following is the picture of the same posted by wildon

The Black Asta is here.The Hyundai i20.!-dsc03460.jpg
Old 26th November 2009, 12:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

I have v 70 vkool on the front screen of my asta and I have no problems at all at night. The headlights are not the best in the world, but on a recent night drive I found that if I use the foglights as well, using the lights on the stock main beam gives very good visibility. Using the dippers at the right times of course. I was able to comfortably hold speeds of 130 on the e way without feeling unsafe at any time. I was able to do Pune Mumbai in less than 2 hours, at 17/18 kms a litre. Pretty decent, I think.

Last edited by Sawyer : 26th November 2009 at 12:57.
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 14:20   #27
BHPian

Had the front film removed.Here are a few comparison pics:
Front film is still on in these two pics:
The Black Asta is here.The Hyundai i20.!-kdk_0263.jpg
The Black Asta is here.The Hyundai i20.!-kdk_0264.jpg
The film being removed:
The Black Asta is here.The Hyundai i20.!-kdk_0265.jpg
Decide from the pics if the front film is worth it or not.For me it wasn't,so I had it removed.One thing I can assure you of is that headlight glare is reduced significantly by this film.

The i now sports a nice set of seat covers.Here are the pics:
The Black Asta is here.The Hyundai i20.!-kdk_0269.jpg
The Black Asta is here.The Hyundai i20.!-kdk_0271.jpg
They cost me 2500 Rs.The cushioning is really good when compared to the stiffness of the original ones.

Here are a few random pics:
The reflective side film:
The Black Asta is here.The Hyundai i20.!-kdk_0266.jpg
The Black Asta is here.The Hyundai i20.!-kdk_0267.jpg
The Black Asta is here.The Hyundai i20.!-kdk_0274.jpg
The Black Asta is here.The Hyundai i20.!-kdk_0275.jpg
The Black Asta is here.The Hyundai i20.!-kdk_0277.jpg
Old 26th November 2009, 20:52   #28
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy dude.
You are the right person to give opinion about front sun film.
So can we have this front film installed considering the i20 headlight power?
Or can we have installed front sun film and opti for some high powered headlights?
Reddy@Hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 21:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the i20 gang dude, nice to see the numbers grow. the i20 looks best in black and white according to me.

Your seat covers are not installed perfectly i think, especially the rear headrests, pls get them adjusted.

Also, why did yor remove the front film? Was it hindering night driving?
Btw, how come there is no film on the rear quarterglass?

Btw, the stock Aceleres are good enough for the car. heck, if its adequate for the diesel, im sure it is all the petrol needs.

Run in the car carefully, and i'm sure she'll serve u well for years!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 06:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Anyone connecting front screen film with headlight power is not talking about the right film for the application. A film like V 70 has almost zero effect on light transmission! If you have installed a film that makes higher power headlights feel necessary had better remove it before taking the car out in anything other than strong daytime sun! Putting the higher power headlights is not the answer because they can never counter all the dangerous effects of the wrong film in the front.
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote