Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd December 2009, 20:45   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos11 View Post
iTwenty,

I have just completed the PDI of my i20 Magna petrol,would be taking delivery tomorrow.

while doing the PDI when I connected my Sony mp3 player it worked fine but the display did not showed any track name,all it displayed was AuxIn message.

Does it work this way or are there some settings to be done?Can you pls check.
Thanks,
Kratos
Hi kratos11,
congrats for your new i20.I think you will get only Aux-IN message.May be USB in asta give the display.
Reddy@Hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 09:50   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations dude. Missed this thread earlier. Personally I'm not a big fan of black, but the car still looks hot nonetheless !! Any plans for rims? It'll do wonders to the looks of the car. Drive safe and enjoy all the toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTwenty View Post
Yup, I am all of 19 yrs old.Not many members here are below 20 I guess?
Here's one, just a little above that
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 10:47   #48
BHPian

Quote:

Also when I put the car into reverse right after starting it, I sometimes hear a crunching noise before the gear engages.
Me too felt the same,its actually quite noticable when there isnt much noise around typically at night.Havnt figured out the reason though.
kratos11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 11:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos11 View Post
Me too felt the same,its actually quite noticable when there isnt much noise around typically at night.Havnt figured out the reason though.

I guess its the brakes releasing (do you park with hand brakes on)?
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 23:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I guess its the brakes releasing (do you park with hand brakes on)?
I park with handbrakes engaged but always release them before engaging the gears.
iTwenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 00:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I park with handbrakes engaged but always release them before engaging the gears.
Yup - leaving the parking brake on overnight causes that first crunchy sound at the morning, more so in moist weather.
If you can, just park without the parking brakes on for a night and try reversing in the morning.
Old 5th December 2009, 11:19   #52

Congrats on your new car. I am eagerly waiting for my dark gray metallic i20. Cheers!
Bharatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 13:18   #53
BHPian

The i has just returned from first visit to the workshop.Total service charge was 0.00 Rs, this being the first free service.Odometer reading is at 1000 kms.
Got a somewhat nasty scratch on the front bumper when it bottomed out while going over a pothole-riddled road.
With first service done, will post the FE figures soon.
iTwenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 14:54   #54
BHPian

Quote:
When I connect my cellphone using the AUX cable [having 3.5mm jack on both sides], the HU shows the same message.I have to navigate through songs using the phone's interface.Same thing used to happen in the M800 too.I guess that's the way AUX works.
That's the way AUX works.
Reason:- When you PlugIn the USB devices, processing is done by the HU and the data in 1's and 0's is decrypted to Sound. Hence IT KNOWS the song name.
In case of AUX, only the sound signals are passed to the HU. The HU more or less works like an AMPlifier and delivers the sound to your speakers and hence the song name is not displayed.
achopraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 22:12   #55
BHPian

Congrats on your great buy... About to join the "i" club myself soon!
You really should try downshifting if you're falling short of 'pull' in the car; the black beauty deserves some care initially.
Absolutely agree about the engine. Its more than adequate in the city, but, personally won't be doing too many highway runs. Did you ask the guys at the first service regarding the odd sound while reversing?
Everyone on the thread has said it & i think i must stress as well - Get some rims, it'll make your ride really look stunning!!
Do post your FE figures soon..
Musicmaker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:42   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin
Aren't the ORVMs manually foldable from outside of the car?

iTwenty
Nope..

> One of my friends has an i20 Asta and whenever he locks his car both the mirrors automatically fold in.
I dont know if it is an inbuilt feature or if he has a relay for it.
But if it is not an inbuilt feature you can add a relay to close the mirrors when you lock your car.

Last edited by k2max6 : 3rd March 2010 at 22:43.
k2max6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 00:26   #57
BHPian

hey good choice, i don't know whatever people say somehow for the price i20 seems better packaged than the rivals. Even with me eagerly awaiting the polo, figo, etc i20 seems to make sense. It would be nicer if it was priced lower but i don't think hyundai's given it a second thought. Though i really do wish they could offer some interesting colours for the car.

Last edited by ishaanranderia : 4th March 2010 at 00:27.
ishaanranderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 00:53   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
hey good choice, i don't know whatever people say somehow for the price i20 seems better packaged than the rivals. Even with me eagerly awaiting the polo, figo, etc i20 seems to make sense. It would be nicer if it was priced lower but i don't think hyundai's given it a second thought. Though i really do wish they could offer some interesting colours for the car.
There's a leaf green import variant. Wonder why they don't release it in India.
Old 4th March 2010, 16:44   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
IMO with the quality of interiors and variety of features provided by i20, the price is worth a buy. I was also in the same thought whether to wait for polo, figo but finally have decided to go for i20 asta as none of the other hatches (except Jazz) would match.

My 2 cents.
hsegOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 09:58   #60
BANNED

Congrats. Nice car. 3M film for the windscreen is good. No blurring. BTW I'm negotiating for a 2 month old i20 Asta. Any idea of the actual FE?
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote