Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th November 2009, 17:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Viji - very unfortunate to hear about this. IMHO, don't try to over analyze whether it was a used car or not as its only going to give you some mental agony.

Like many said i wont worry too much about the rust part, but the warning lights issue should be resolved fast and the root cause found. Good to know the support form service has been good.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 17:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

The rust would not be so heavy if it had been a TD car. This looks like a car that was either damaged in transit or been in an accident. It has also been standing in the yard for a while.

But the car is yours now and it has to be taken care of. Just ensure that the defects are taken care under warranty by the service center. They should be able to restore it to near pristine condition. Fiats are generally very reliable.

Last edited by Gilead : 26th November 2009 at 17:59.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 12:19   #18
BHPian

viji,

Yes, Beejay is right! i think.

Beejay> Nice thought.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 12:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

The paint spread on the base of the mirror indicates a repaint/touch up on that area. There is no way a factory painted car would look like that.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 12:48   #20
BHPian

This is not very good to hear. Did you post this at the CEO's corner? I am sure you will get a positive and response and they should help you make your satisfaction restored.

After all Fiat made promise to provide a 5 star service & quality on their goods.
srikanthpotluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 12:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijipillai View Post
They could manage to get the spare (clutch fluid cylinder - if I am not wrong) from another LINEA in their workshop
Its the clutch slave cylinder that is the problem with the 1.4 FIRE engine. I have posted this elsewhere as well.

I had asked the service guys at Fortune Motors, Powai if there are any major issues so far with the Lineas and Puntos. All they had to say was that apart from niggling issues and poor plastic parts related issues, the 1.4 FIRE engined cars have a faulty slave cylinder in certain cars and they are checking most cars that come in for service for the same and replacing the slave cylinders on case to case basis. But there is nothing official from Fiat's end. They have replaced the slave cylinder on quite a few petrol engined Lineas already.

I remember Amit's Punto had a clutch slave cylinder replacement during the first service, even when he did not complain of any issues. Surprisingly, he owns the MJD and not a petrol! Whatever the case maybe, this is alarming and its high time Fiat did a recall, even if meant replacing parts on a particular batch(s) of cars.

For the time being, I think owners would benefit from having their cars (especially the petrol engined cars) checked at the ASC.

Last edited by roms : 27th November 2009 at 12:54.
roms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 13:47   #22
Team-BHP Support

Cars are machines they can have problems, if the dealer is able to sort out the problem its OK. Any car regardless of Manufacturer can have similar problem. For example: Some months back i was driving a friends Verna and the clutch gave up, instead of blaming anyone we found it better to make arrangements to tow the car. And it was well past midnight

Regarding the discs, Each and every car has this kind of rust formation if not used after washing or after being in contact with water. Dont worry its normal.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 14:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Cars are machines they can have problems, if the dealer is able to sort out the problem its OK. Any car regardless of Manufacturer can have similar problem.
Come on, this cannot happen to a brand new car. Imagine the agony he might be going through. If this is the case within a year of purchase its a living nightmare everyday of what can go kaput next.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 14:59   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I took the car to Kerala next day early morning as I wanted to do the "vahana pooja" at Guruvayoor Temple. Just after the Coimbatore bye-pass toll I experienced the same problem and it was a break down at the highway.
Being of Italian lineage the car is probably catholic and so refused to go for "Vahana Puja" ;-)

Humor apart the rusted disc is not an issue. A car that has had a long drive shows shiny rotors but remember the shine is pure iron surface exposed to elements. If a car is then parked for some time in humid atmosphere (say in monsoons) the rust appears almost overnight.
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 17:32   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Come on, this cannot happen to a brand new car. Imagine the agony he might be going through. If this is the case within a year of purchase its a living nightmare everyday of what can go kaput next.
I dont find a reason to Panic unless the service centre is unable to rectify the issue or it refuses to recognise the problem. Why do you think warranty is offered?
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 17:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Why do you think warranty is offered?
IMO, a warranty offered on a new car is more like an assurance to the buyer and also the confidence the manufacturer has on the product.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 18:11   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Its the clutch slave cylinder that is the problem with the 1.4 FIRE engine. I have posted this elsewhere as well.

I had asked the service guys at Fortune Motors, Powai if there are any major issues so far with the Lineas and Puntos. All they had to say was that apart from niggling issues and poor plastic parts related issues, the 1.4 FIRE engined cars have a faulty slave cylinder in certain cars and they are checking most cars that come in for service for the same and replacing the slave cylinders on case to case basis. But there is nothing official from Fiat's end. They have replaced the slave cylinder on quite a few petrol engined Lineas already.

I remember Amit's Punto had a clutch slave cylinder replacement during the first service, even when he did not complain of any issues. Surprisingly, he owns the MJD and not a petrol! Whatever the case maybe, this is alarming and its high time Fiat did a recall, even if meant replacing parts on a particular batch(s) of cars.

For the time being, I think owners would benefit from having their cars (especially the petrol engined cars) checked at the ASC.
I was just told by the service advisor that they changed the clutch slave cylinder on my Linea MJD even though I did not complain about it. They didn't do more than half the items on the list but did something that wasn't on my list !
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 20:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Default Is Fiat taking the Skoda Route ??

Poor clutch,Poor paint job,Rust Formation and getting stranded in the middle of a Highway with a brand new Fiat is a serious problem.Just give them back the car, ask them to take their sweet time rectifying all the problems and then only take back your car.Do not accept it otherwise.Be serious with them no matter how nice they are with you.No one who spends this much must ever face a problem like this.Don't let them sweet talk.It's your right and your money that you've spend on a trouble free vehicle.Is Fiat trying to take the Skoda route now ??
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 20:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Have a look at this post Clutch Slave Cylinder - Punto | Spares & Accessories | Car Forums - CarWale.com , looks like Fiat is replacing the cylinder for improvement reasons and not because it's faulty.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 21:45   #30
BHPian

viji you have been cheated dude, the car had an accident before it was sold to you, its 100% apparent, the dealer has cheated you bigtime, dont let him get away with this, ask for another car or a refund, otherwise threaten them that you will take them to court & publish about this issues in the papers, this will make them straight,
goodluck..
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote