Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th December 2009, 10:05   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemanatt View Post
+1 to manim. We drove around 450 kms straight from the showroom.Just dont rev it like crazy and use brakes judiciously .That is all. Enjoy your drive.
Thanks Prince, appreciate your inputs as well
Well that settles it I guess - am goingt to Delhi for a few day next weekend (not driving) and after that shall be going on my roadtrip.
Regards
Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 15:06   #32
BHPian

Default Leave and Guidance.

Dear fellow BHPians,
I am on leave from 16th to the end of the year, resuming work from 4th Jan 2010 and shall be visiting Delhi for 4 to 5 days from 19th Dec.

I would like to visit some nice car assesory shops in Delhi, generally look around. Would buy if something catches my eye.

Only one i know about thru our forum is the Performance Zone shop, If you guys could let me know of some areas/shop addesses/phone contacts would be really great.

Thanks so much in advance!

Regards
Old 14th December 2009, 16:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Dear fellow BHPians,
I am on leave from 16th to the end of the year, resuming work from 4th Jan 2010 and shall be visiting Delhi for 4 to 5 days from 19th Dec.

I would like to visit some nice car assesory shops in Delhi, generally look around. Would buy if something catches my eye.

Only one i know about thru our forum is the Performance Zone shop, If you guys could let me know of some areas/shop addesses/phone contacts would be really great.

Thanks so much in advance!

Regards
If you are in delhi, I suggest to look into:

1) ACCESSORIES The Shoppe
Call Ankush 9873448830/26887766
G-48, G-49, Palika Bhawan
opp. Hyatt Regency

2) AUTO MARC
Sanjay 9811047313/65515551
A55, Moolchand shopping complex
Ring Road, Defence Colony

Personally, I find the Shoppe, having a wide accessories list for any car, and the price is reasonable

BTW, what accessories are you planning to shop?
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 16:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
BTW, what accessories are you planning to shop?
Thanks iTNerd!
I don't really know - since i am in Delhi shall be looking around and buy if something attracts my attention and is reasonable.
I want to see those red H logos, which you told me about. I feel they look great especially on a white car.
Not looking for any big stuff e.g. spoiler etc for now.
BTW did you fit the Mugen pedals on your baby?
Any suggestions from your side - interesting accessories which you can think of for the Civic?
Cheers!

Last edited by Cyborg : 14th December 2009 at 16:50. Reason: Forgot to add something.
Old 14th December 2009, 18:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks iTNerd!
I don't really know - since i am in Delhi shall be looking around and buy if something attracts my attention and is reasonable.
I want to see those red H logos, which you told me about. I feel they look great especially on a white car.
Not looking for any big stuff e.g. spoiler etc for now.
BTW did you fit the Mugen pedals on your baby?
Any suggestions from your side - interesting accessories which you can think of for the Civic?
Cheers!
I have not fitted the momo pedals (not mugen) yet!

Well, apart from the red Honda logos, I would suggest the following subtle accessories:
1) Side steps (steel or LED)
2) Visors (if you have the taste for it)

You can also look into:
* Angel eye headlight
* HID
* Type R spolier (3 pieces - can be easily carried on flight)
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 09:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I have not fitted the momo pedals (not mugen) yet!
Well, apart from the red Honda logos, I would suggest the following subtle accessories:
1) Side steps (steel or LED)
2) Visors (if you have the taste for it)
You can also look into:
* Angel eye headlight
* HID
* Type R spolier (3 pieces - can be easily carried on flight)
Thanks once again!
Don't know what is happening today - this is the fourth time I am typing this , i just get thrown out of this and back to the login screen.

Please post the snaps after/if you do fit them and the cost too.

Anyways - The side step garnish looks real cool, expecially the led one. However after some time it gets unglued and begins to look ugly. Had this problem on my City, hence don't want to put it on my Civic.
Does this help in any way besides the cool quotient?
Visor - no, does not do anything for me!
Angel eye headlights - simply awesome!! I believe they are for approx 13000 a pair, Yatharath's (Performance Zone) quote.
Where can i get them fitted in Mumbai? I am quite useless as a DIY person, possibly cause more harm than good.
HID's - Apex Honda quoted me rupees 14000 each for low and high beam respectively. Am thinking about it. Is the costing OK?
Spoiler not really at this time - love your baby's spoiler though
Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 15th December 2009 at 09:52. Reason: Forgot to add something.
Old 16th December 2009, 14:19   #37
BHPian

Hello Everybody,
Just got home after a super drive in my sexy Civic. Went upto 112 kmph only 3k rpm on the Bandra Worli sealink. It was great, super smooth and she masks speed so well its amazing. 112 kmph felt around 70-80 kmph in my City.
Cannot wait to cross 1000 kms and let her go - fuel average can take a hike for all i care, all I want is to feel the takeoff and hear the roar of the vtec
BTW iTNerd thanks so much for the updates on Delhi, unfortunately my trip to Delhi is cancelled as have to be in town.
Thats all for now folks!
Have a super day!
Cheers.
Old 16th December 2009, 18:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

HID's & spoiler kits would add beauty for the daemon. You can fabricate a spoiler lip & would work our better if done outside.

Have you used Cruise control in the long run. Try not to rev more than 2.5k rpm, yeh..too hard to resist.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
HID's & spoiler kits would add beauty for the daemon. You can fabricate a spoiler lip & would work our better if done outside.
Have you used Cruise control in the long run. Try not to rev more than 2.5k rpm, yeh..too hard to resist.
I don't know where to go in Mumbai for the HID's and get them fitted. Agree with you absolutely HID's would look great on this baby!

Have not tried the cruise control yet, possibly am going to Gujarat in a weeks time or so and shall it then and post.
Oh Oh - I thought 3k rpm was fine, shall keep it below the 2.5 till 1000kms.
Hard to resist revving this beauty is an understatement of the decade
Old 17th December 2009, 12:58   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everybody,
Went upto 112 kmph only 3k rpm on the Bandra Worli sealink.
Cheers.
Maybe OT here but considering the recent incidents, this is really uncalled for. So much for the 'CIVIC' sense.
AviatoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 13:55   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatoR View Post
Maybe OT here but considering the recent incidents, this is really uncalled for. So much for the 'CIVIC' sense.
Hi Aviator,
Agreed on the speed for the sea link - however a slight correction. I am sorry for the post mentioning it was on the sea link. It was not exactly on the sea link but on the approach from the flyover on the bandra side before the toll gate. The road is a one way and there was minimal traffic on the approach.
Regards
Old 4th January 2010, 13:38   #42
BHPian

Default 1024 kms and 1st service report.

Hello Everybody,

Happy New Year and all the best for 2010!

I have completed 1024 kms and got the 1st service completed from Apex Honda at Worli.

Took a 500 kms roundtrip to a town called Udvada in Gujarat on the 31st and returned to Bombay on 1st Jan.
It was a great drive though slightly boring as left Bombay at only 484 kms and kept the revs to max of 3k and speed upto 120 kmph.
The road/highway is normally great however due to a lot of repair work on long sections, the traffic was horrendous. It took us nearly 6 hours each way whereas the normal time would be 3.5 hours one way.
FE for 497 kms roundtrip was 14.5 so am happy with it.

The car is g r e at however the only fly in the ointment is the manual transmission as I am spoilt by an automatic in my City.
I seriously think I made a mistake in buying the MT when I should have bought the AT as budget was not an issue, I thought the driving pleasure would be better with the MT. Is that the case?
PLEASE help - If i decide to sell the MT now with only 1024 kms on the clock how much would i get? I bought it on 25th Nov and 14.4 lacs on road price. This includes the V Kool diamond series film + front windscreen and the reverse parking sensors.
What should I do? Use the car (get used to the MT) for at least 1 year then sell?

The 1st free service with Apex Honda at their Worli centre was a good experience. It was actually free I was not charged for anything.
No oil change only a check up and washing.
I had a rattle which seemed to come from the passenger side dashboard which has been taken care of. The service guys said the suspension had become slightly loose and was the cause. The washing was excellant especially considering I had just come back after a 500 kms excursion.

To sum up the experience of 1k kms of living with the Civic - EXCELLENT!

Cheers
Old 5th January 2010, 09:10   #43
BHPian

Default Advice needed!

Hello Guys,

Please advice regarding my above post too.

Also,
I have mentioned regarding my problem maybe laziness regarding the manual transmission, it has been around 8 months before I bought the Civic that I last used a manual transmission car. It was a City ZXI.
Is the clutch on the Civic hard? I find my clutch hard and it makes a rough/grating/rubbing sound everytime the clutch pedal is pressed. Is this normal for a car which has run around 1050 kms and would it become smooth with use or could there be a problem? Should I take the car to the service centre and have them check it out?
How is the clutch pedal feel in the Civic - users advice
If my memory serves me right the clutch on the City ZXI was so soft and smooth - the clutch on the Civic is a pain to operate.

Please revert ASAP.

Thanks!
Old 25th January 2010, 13:42   #44
BHPian

Default Civic SOLD!

Hello Everybody,

I have sold my Civic MT on Friday, 22nd Jan 2010 - bought on 25th Nov 2009.
It was a major buying mistake and I am pretty upset at my stupidity.
The MT was a pain to drive in crowded Mumbai city traffic especialy since the City I also own is a CVT and am very used to the aoto. Have lost quite a lot of money, but decided to go for it as time passes the loss would only increase.

The Civic per se is a great car and I am very happy with all other aspects.
So have gone ahead and booked the AT
Dippy had asked me why I did not book the AT earlier - should have listened!

Anyways, its in the past now - my AT Civic should be deliverd in the 1-2nd week of February.
I shall post the delivery process etc in detail after that.

Mods - Please close this thread as I shall start another one with my new AT baby.

Regards
Old 25th January 2010, 13:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

While a very unfortunate development, it's good to see the quick decision to get what you exactly want. Hopefully the AT will give you years of wonderful service.

Quote:
Have lost quite a lot of money, but decided to go for it as time passes the loss would only increase.
That's intriguing, given the perception that Civics (Hondas) have excellent resale value. If you do not mind, it might help others if you could post the prices you saw in the market or the prices you were offered. At least the trend you saw, if not the actual price you sold it at.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote