Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th January 2010, 14:32   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
That's intriguing, given the perception that Civics (Hondas) have excellent resale value. If you do not mind, it might help others if you could post the prices you saw in the market or the prices you were offered. At least the trend you saw, if not the actual price you sold it at.
shuvc, surely if it will help others - why not!
Dealers in the market generally offered 10 - 11 lacs. Mind you this was a 2 month old car with only 1200 kms on it. I was told by some in good faith to keep the car for 1 year at least and still I would get the same value. I have heard thru a friend of mine a Sept 09 (pre-facelift) sold for 9.75 and so did not want to take chance.
I found driving it such a pain - there was no point in sleeping on it

I had paid 14.03 lacs for it on road and sold it for net 12 lacs, so have taken a hit of 2 lacs
Its painful thinking of it, thought a lot and decided to take the plunge!
Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 18:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

@Cyborg: I am speechless at your decision to sell a two month old car but appreciate you for being pragmatic. So, what colour have you opted for while booking the AT now ? Congrats.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 18:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

@Kurush, its indeed very unfortunate.. but I must say, it comes with not much surprise, because you were used to driving an AT/CVT before and coming back to manual would certainly dis-orient one's driving habit.. hope the best with the AT Civic though ..cheers
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 09:11   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@Cyborg: I am speechless at your decision to sell a two month old car but appreciate you for being pragmatic. So, what colour have you opted for while booking the AT now ? Congrats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
@Kurush, its indeed very unfortunate.. but I must say, it comes with not much surprise, because you were used to driving an AT/CVT before and coming back to manual would certainly dis-orient one's driving habit.. hope the best with the AT Civic though ..cheers
rr_zen, believe me I lost my power of speech upon thinking of the loss incurred - however, I thought if its not working out, might as well be done with it.
It is the same colour, white!

Rehman, Yes - it was irritating and troublesome with the MT. I took a TD of the AT and came away grinning from ear to ear. So hope "all iz well" with the AT too.

Shall update after delivery guys
Old 28th January 2010, 09:49   #50
Senior - BHPian

When are you expecting the car to be delivered ? I presume its a 'V' than a 'S'. It would help if you could share details of the deal - any discounts, freebies at all. And, congrats again.

Last edited by rr_zen : 28th January 2010 at 09:52.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 11:08   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
When are you expecting the car to be delivered ? I presume its a 'V' than a 'S'. It would help if you could share details of the deal - any discounts, freebies at all. And, congrats again.
The car should be delivered by/in the second week of February.
Its a V AT - now there are only 3 variants of the Civic, S MT, V MT and V AT. The S AT has been discontinued since a long time.

Since and a repeat customer of sorts - I have been given free insurance, mats, teflon coating and mirror locks. Currently there are no discounts on the Civic otherwise.
Old 28th January 2010, 12:48   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
That's intriguing, given the perception that Civics (Hondas) have excellent resale value. If you do not mind, it might help others if you could post the prices you saw in the market or the prices you were offered. At least the trend you saw, if not the actual price you sold it at.
Civics are available in abundance in the used car market. 2007 good condition Civics go for 7 to 7.5 based on mileage and trim level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I had paid 14.03 lacs for it on road and sold it for net 12 lacs, so have taken a hit of 2 lacs
Its painful thinking of it, thought a lot and decided to take the plunge!
The price is fair for the buyer as well as the seller. Price difference of less than 2 lakhs would not be an incentive enough to go for used instead of a new car.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 11:58   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Civics are available in abundance in the used car market. 2007 good condition Civics go for 7 to 7.5 based on mileage and trim level.

The price is fair for the buyer as well as the seller. Price difference of less than 2 lakhs would not be an incentive enough to go for used instead of a new car.
Dipen, I agree with you totally - hence went it for the deal
Old 31st January 2010, 16:18   #54
BHPian

@Cyborg

Nice to read your thread. I am contemplating buying a new City. Last 8 years i was using a Auto in another country. So i was blindly going to buy a City A/T too. Friends and well wishers were saying

"Its great to control a Manual"
"Manual gives more mileage"
"What if you have to drive someone else's car which is Manual"
etc

Got confused for couple of days. But then logic prevailed in my mind and i opted for buying an automatic ONLY.

Now after reading your report, i am glad i stuck to my decision.
hrmanju1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 10:33   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
@Cyborg
Nice to read your thread. I am contemplating buying a new City. Last 8 years i was using a Auto in another country. So i was blindly going to buy a City A/T too. Friends and well wishers were saying
"Its great to control a Manual"
"Manual gives more mileage"
"What if you have to drive someone else's car which is Manual"
etc
Got confused for couple of days. But then logic prevailed in my mind and i opted for buying an automatic ONLY.
Now after reading your report, i am glad i stuck to my decision.
hrmanju1, I am glad documenting my monumental mistake has helped you in making a wise decision. Congratulations - Enjoy your AT City!
Cheers
Old 9th February 2010, 15:59   #56
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Took delivery of my Civic V AT with OUR check list and have just reached home. This time I got the Michelin's MXV8's with the car. Shall post a detailed delivery experience asap.
Cheers!
Old 9th February 2010, 16:10   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hi Guys,
Took delivery of my Civic V AT with OUR check list and have just reached home. This time I got the Michelin's MXV8's with the car. Shall post a detailed delivery experience asap.
Cheers!
Congratulations again! And how lucky you are to own two brand new civics within a span of 2-3 months!.. Just a question, from what i know, new Civic are coming with XM1+ and MXV8 are old and were replaced by Primacy LCs.. Did you insist upon the dealer to provide Michelin, or it came with it as stock tyres?
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 16:50   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations again! And how lucky you are to own two brand new civics within a span of 2-3 months!.. Just a question, from what i know, new Civic are coming with XM1+ and MXV8 are old and were replaced by Primacy LCs.. Did you insist upon the dealer to provide Michelin, or it came with it as stock tyres?

I got MXV8's as well, Dealer tells me all Jan 2010 cars will have MXV8s.
penpavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 12:37   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
I got MXV8's as well, Dealer tells me all Jan 2010 cars will have MXV8s.
I checked with the dealer again too - same answer!
Checked on the tyre sidewall, my Michelins are manufactured 4509 which is the 2nd week of Nov 2009. So all in all am happy with them.