Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th November 2009, 01:10   #16
BHPian

On the day of booking my Punto, saw a Tata Indigo Manza being displayed just after launch. Well it almost had me, but the very thought that Tata Indigo Manza may one day become a Taxi fleet like a Logan stopped me. But it sure is a Dezire killer.
samsan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 08:27   #17
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. Great colour. I had the same feeling when I saw the Manza when we were booking our punto.
twinblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 10:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good write up, good car and good colour !

Enjoy and Safe drive.

meantime try to put a sticker on the fuel tank lid to know the car burns
petrol or diesel. Otherwise sometime in some petrol pump (if you dont monitor), the attender may fill wrong fuel on it and you will have tough time then.
Dont know why most of the dealer are not affixing such sticker without anyone asking for same?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 10:53   #19
BHPian

Congratulations !! and welcome to the "Blue Punto Club"
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 11:03   #20
BHPian

Congrats Samsan. I'm sure this is a great car. Looks great in the color you have chosen. Shall keep looking forward to regular reviews on the car from you
Akadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 11:08   #21
BHPian

Congrats!
Wow, a blue Punto! Welcome to the club!

Happy and safe driving!
SilentEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 11:32   #22
BANNED

sam, congratulations on your electric blue punto, looks smashing in this shade.wish you many happy miles ahead.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 13:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post

Enjoy and Safe drive.

petrol or diesel. Otherwise sometime in some petrol pump (if you dont monitor), the attender may fill wrong fuel on it and you will have tough time then.
Dont know why most of the dealer are not affixing such sticker without anyone asking for same?
Although I put a diesel sticker. One of my neighbors informed me that the nozzle of the diesel and petrol is different so technical it isn't possible to fill the wrong fuel
Old 30th November 2009, 00:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Congrats Samson, IMO silver grill looks best on your blue Punto than any other colour. I have made up my mind to go in for Punto 1.4 somewhere in Feb-March 2010 so I will definitely look forward to this thread.
Enjoy the lady in blue.
Thanks Hammerhead, I recall even you were enquiring about Punto in some other thread. I will update this thread with my ownership reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
Congrats on your new car. Great colour. I had the same feeling when I saw the Manza when we were booking our punto.
Thanks twinblades, But i guess ultimately you too booked a Punto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post

Enjoy and Safe drive.

Thanks nairrk, Yes I have this big worry about some one doing a honest mistake when I go to a petrol pump. Yes a sticker would have been great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Congratulations !! and welcome to the "Blue Punto Club"
Thanks amoghchaphalkar, I know you have a blue punto, infact I showed the same pics you had posted of your blue punto to my family, before finalising the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akadian View Post
Congrats Samsan. I'm sure this is a great car. Looks great in the color you have chosen. Shall keep looking forward to regular reviews on the car from you
Thanks Akadian, Yes I will try to give ownership experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Congrats!
Wow, a blue Punto! Welcome to the club!

Happy and safe driving!
Thanks SilentEngine
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
sam, congratulations on your electric blue punto, looks smashing in this shade.wish you many happy miles ahead.
thanks vijaythacker.

Has anyone heard of the ecoDrive software from Fiat. I saw it at the UK website, thought it may work on the same blue and me. here as well, Tried installing it but it throws some USB error. Let me know if any Punto or Linea owners have done this using the emotion pack cars.

Last edited by samsan02 : 30th November 2009 at 00:19.
Old 30th November 2009, 08:12   #25
BHPian

If I remember correctly. The Linea version was not out yet, hence the USB error.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:14   #26
BHPian

I tried changing the USB sticks but it still says USB error, looks like in Indian version the software maybe is not supported yet.

Can some 1.4 Linea/Punto owners give me some tips, I am new to M/T and since Punto's clutch is long, I find it a little difficult when releasing the clutch, there is slight jerk when I release it instantly when the car is moving. But when i do it slowly its fine. So is the efficient way is to release the clutch slowly? Does you vehicle too has the same feel?
Also when upshifting to first and then to second when in normal traffic, I tend to rev it a bit more and the RPM shoots up to 3k and above. Is it corrrect way of driving or should I be more modest when dabbing the gas pedal.
Currently I am getting 10.2 kmpl in city traffic of Bangalore. and I did touch around 12.9 kmpl once. These figures with AC on always.

Last edited by samsan02 : 30th November 2009 at 18:15.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy. The color is superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Currently I am getting 10.2 kmpl in city traffic of Bangalore. and I did touch around 12.9 kmpl once. These figures with AC on always.
Should say a decent FE from a person who has driven AT. But there is still scope of improvement of FE. My advice is to remove your leg form the clutch pedal apart from changing gears. Be kind with the eng. & don't make it scream with higher rpm's.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:37   #28
BHPian

Try to shift-up into higher gear as soon as rpm hits 2000. There will be improvement in FE.

And yeah that hard clutch can be uncomfortable, especially in stop and go traffic.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:46   #29
BHPian

Hi Samson, first of all welcome to the fiat club and you have made a very wise decision by choosing Punto over other options you mentioned.
I am also the owner of 1.4 Punto Emotion and driving it daily in b-2-b traffic of Kolkata. Yes, if you release clutch instantly you will feel the jerk (this the case with all M/T cars), idea is to leave it gently and by the time you get used to Punto clutch long travel.
I am getting FE of 12 - 12.5 with AC on (now a days 50% AC) , in b-2-b traffic. Highway figures are beyond 14 km/l.
Yes, in first two gears RPM zoom up and reach 3k very fast, but you can control the RPM by shifting gears at the right speed. I follow the following gear shifting pattern in my Punto:
1st gear:
2nd gear: 10 km/hr
3rd gear: 20 km/hr
4th gear: 40 km/hr
5th gear: 45 km/hr and owards
Please try doing this and you can feel an increase in FE and you can keep a check on RPM shooting up.

Even I evaluated many cars before I ventured into market to hunt down one for me and I agree with your evaluations of other cars vis-a-vis Punto.
Drive safe
Gallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
Although I put a diesel sticker. One of my neighbors informed me that the nozzle of the diesel and petrol is different so technical it isn't possible to fill the wrong fuel
trust me , the possiblity is very real. And has happened to me ( while driving a diesel indica, among all things )
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...iesel-car.html
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote