Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th March 2011, 11:51   #106
BHPian

Default Re: My Korean beauty, Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta with sunroof

There goes another Hyundai customer complaining about their service. Luckily the Getz has a better AC than i20.

As for steering rattles, they are getting more prominent in i10's and i20's. Maruti's are better in this case as they rattle only from un-important/un-critical parts.

Shoot a mail to Hyundai and GOOD LUCK!!!
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 12:49   #107
rbp
BHPian

I dunno what to do, now I can send a mail and Hyundai will send some one to inspect, they will replace a part and I am sure the problem is gonna re-occur, Hyundai themselves don't have a fix for this, none of their steering rattle fixes have managed to fix the issue, I don't have the patience to go and spend days at the dealer ship, I may use this product for a prolly a year more and sell it off. I can live with the steering rattle but the AC, nope, I just cannot.

I WANT PEACE OF MIND, NOT FREQUENT VISITS TO THE DEALER SHIP

HYUNDAI SUCKS.
rbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 14:25   #108
rbp
BHPian

Some snaps from my recent drive to Kemmangundi and Baba Budangiri.

My Korean beauty, Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta with sunroof-dsc_6309.jpg

My Korean beauty, Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta with sunroof-dsc_6311.jpg

My Korean beauty, Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta with sunroof-dsc_6312.jpg

My Korean beauty, Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta with sunroof-dsc_6317.jpg

My Korean beauty, Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta with sunroof-dsc_6330.jpg

My Korean beauty, Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta with sunroof-dsc_6344.jpg

My Korean beauty, Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta with sunroof-dsc_6352.jpg

My Korean beauty, Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta with sunroof-dsc_6359.jpg

My Korean beauty, Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta with sunroof-dsc_6373.jpg
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 06:29   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Some snaps from my recent drive to Kemmangundi and Baba Budangiri.
Beautiful pics rbp. The road (or should I call it a track) looks almost like an off-roading track. I especially love the last pic with the i20's lights on in a misty background. Very nice!
arvi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 09:35   #110
BHPian

Nice snaps, rbp. I guess the steering rattle may have been prominent on those rocky roads.
skanchan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 10:35   #111
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Beautiful pics rbp. The road (or should I call it a track) looks almost like an off-roading track. I especially love the last pic with the i20's lights on in a misty background. Very nice!
The off-track type pictures are from Kemmangundi, that place is worth a visit during the monsoons, you will hardly find people there, nice and calm, with hills surrounding you from all sides.

The mist pic was at Baba Budangiri top, it was totally engulfed in mist, visibility was barely a few meters. It was so chill there that we had turn on the car heater .

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Nice snaps, rbp. I guess the steering rattle may have been prominent on those rocky roads.
The steering rattle was there, but in my case it doesn't make much noise, only on close observation you can figure it out, I was so involved in driving on the curves and the beauty of nature around me that I dont even recall the rattle, I made full use of the Sunroof during this drive, it was fun actually.

Last edited by rbp : 4th July 2011 at 10:38.
Old 10th July 2011, 19:21   #112
rbp
BHPian

Got my first paid service done today, car had done 22,172 kms, the bill amount was

3,694 Rs [Air Filter, Oil Filter, Diesel Filter, Labour, misc]
3,700 Rs [Mobil Delvac fully synthetic oil 5 Litres, I bought this from outside]
340 Rs [Engine Oil additive from 3M, certified by Hyundai]

Service center Trident Hyundai Seshadripuram, Bangalore, the service quality is bad, washing quality is very very poor. I doubt if they even washed the car.

Here is an image of what went into the engine.

Feedback time, So how does the car feel after the oil change, one word [Silent], I was surprised, by how much the clattering had gone down. I would still reserve my full verdict on the oil change, but it definitely feels better than the mineral, it revvs smoothly.

My Korean beauty, Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta with sunroof-img_20110707_080304.jpg
Old 5th August 2011, 12:01   #113
rbp
BHPian

Since the oil change I haven't had a chance to drive the car much, a couple of days back did a 50 kms drive on the ring road and got a chance to floor the throttle, boy o boy, what a difference it has made, it just revvs so smoothly, the car picks revvs very very quickly and it is smooth, even while revving, I am loving it. I expect the FE to improve too.

Finally is it worth the price? I will reserve my judgement on this, but to be frank the oil is costly. So if you the moolah, I would suggest you to try it at least once. All I can say is that the oil is a 100 times better than the Shell Helix HX6 that I had used previously.
Old 12th September 2011, 19:53   #114
rbp
BHPian

A small update the car has done 23,9XX kms, so it has covered 1800+ on the synth oil, so thought of doing a small review.

Just one word, BRILLIANT. That is how I would describe my exp with the oil. If you go through my ownership thread, you might see that I have mentioned that the engine feels gr8 upto 3000 rpm and after which it feels strained, now with this oil, the strain has gone, it revvs beautifully without making a fuss and the engine feels absolutely smooth, with a barely audible sound coming into the cabin, I floored the throttle and did close to 180 kmph [4000 rpm], there was slight engine noise, which doesnt bother at all. Just brilliant. The engine feels gr8 but is only let down by the pathetic handling of the car and lifeless steering, due to which the cruising speed comes down. The car just shoots from 100 to 150 kmph effortlessly.

I would say the oil is worth it, all of you should try it atleast once.
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:31   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
A small update the car has done 23,9XX kms, so it has covered 1800+ on the synth oil
Wanted to know, after changing the Oil, has their been an increase in FE of your car?
ankurvirmani19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:06   #116
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19
Wanted to know, after changing the Oil, has their been an increase in FE of your car?
Just yesterday I came back from a 850kms drive. We were four people in the car with, each averaging 75 kilos. The AC was used almost 90% of the time and it delivered 18 kmpl. I would say a slight improvement but I would advice you not to buy it for better Fe reason, buy it for the refinement and performance.
I would say more than the Fe I just love the way the car performs. It just shoots after 100 and stunningly silent. You can barely hear the engine note.
Old 25th August 2012, 11:45   #117
rbp
BHPian

My i20 CRDI too had its break down recently, all of a sudden without any warning I saw the engine temp rise a lot, I observed this after a couple of days, I took it to the service guys and they told me that the Heater core is gone and will have to be replaced. It took them 3 days to order and get the heater core [Since I had opted for the extended warranty this thing was covered in it]. One more thing the stupid AC had altogether stopped working, they charged me 1395 Rs just for the AC servicing. Now, the engine sounds rough at idling.

I also got the 30K servicing done, front brake pads replaced. All in all I had to shell out 11.5 K for the service, this inspite of me providing the engine oil.

All I can say is this car doesnt age well, it has already started showing its true colors, new prospective owners dont get fooled by the styling and features, stay away from it.

Hyundai labour rates have gone through the roof.
rbp is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2012, 12:34   #118
Senior - BHPian

11.5k for 30k service is astronomical to say the least! Add in the cost of oil at 3.5k, and you're looking at 14-15k. Very expensive. Can you share the break-up please ?
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2012, 13:00   #119
rbp
BHPian

Here is the snapshot of the bills, the actual bill was 11250 odd, sorry for mentioning it as 11.5 K.

Please let me know, if you are able to read it, else I will try to upload a bigger copy, unfortunately the forumn rules do not allow me to post bigger images.
Name:  IMG_8191.JPG
Views: 1442
Size:  139.9 KB

Name:  IMG_8192.JPG
Views: 1867
Size:  164.8 KB

Last edited by rbp : 25th August 2012 at 13:02.
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2012, 00:30   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Raghu. Finally an update after a long long time.

How much ever people write on the forum or convey that maintaining a Hyundai is costly most of them will simply ignore it assuming you are bluffing. This happened even today evening.

4360 bucks for a Santro service which did not have the engine oil, oil filter, air filter, etc change. I was simply lost for words, but still my good old friend was telling me it was very cheap.

The only reply I could muster out was "Simply Enjoy Madi". Huh
nkrishnap is online now   Reply With Quote