Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th December 2009, 17:50   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Excellent car Sylvan. My Dad just got the same in Silver color. Just waiting to get my hands or her. Is that the standard tint on the car or have you got Sun Films on?
Fitted 3M sun films. This is 70% transparency but still feel the rear view is not good at nights.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 17:54   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Congrats Sylvan..

I took my AVEO1.4 from Kropex and managed to get some good deals. Only later I reliazed that Trident had tied up wth GM. But I dont know why Trident is delaying their Service center launch. As per them, they are expecting to open their Service Center by mid Dec. I hope they keep up their words as I have been following up from Oct and their dates have been jumping !

By the by, where did you get your headlamp upgrade from ?

and how about ICE ?
Trident service centre is already open. I gave it for service this morning and should be getting it in an hour.
I upgraded to 100/90 headlamps from the shop next to Kropex at Rs.150 per lamp. I didnt want to change the ICE as the sound quality is good. I plan to change it to GPS+Bluetooth ICE once I arrange for funds
Old 7th December 2009, 18:56   #33
BHPian

Just got the car back from service. looks good.I complained about mileage and the service engineer came back saying that this is cruze engine and the fuel is electronically guaged !!!
Old 7th December 2009, 22:16   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
Trident service centre is already open. I gave it for service this morning and should be getting it in an hour.
I upgraded to 100/90 headlamps from the shop next to Kropex at Rs.150 per lamp. I didnt want to change the ICE as the sound quality is good. I plan to change it to GPS+Bluetooth ICE once I arrange for funds
I think I got it all wrong, are you in BLR or Chennai ? I was referring to Trident in BLR all this while and when I spoke to them last Saturday I was told about the Service Center opening delay.
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 00:15   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
I think I got it all wrong, are you in BLR or Chennai ? I was referring to Trident in BLR all this while and when I spoke to them last Saturday I was told about the Service Center opening delay.
I am talking about Trident bangalore as well.
Old 14th December 2009, 21:40   #36
BHPian

Worst head lamp reflectors ever are the ones on Optra. Even after changing it to 100/90 the light throw is not great. II have done 2000kms on this in 2 weeks and I should say there is nothing under 10L to beat this on highways.Be it ride quality or the handling. Its optra all the way..
Old 14th December 2009, 23:16   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Worst head lamp reflectors ever are the ones on Optra. Even after changing it to 100/90 the light throw is not great. II have done 2000kms on this in 2 weeks and I should say there is nothing under 10L to beat this on highways.Be it ride quality or the handling. Its optra all the way..
your saying you spent 150 per lamp on upgrading to 100/90 bulbs. did you get relays and cutouts installed and ceramic bulb holders? if not please go and get these now. the light will definitely improve.

also the handling is not that confidence inspiring either, but its not bad. it dosent feel that planted at speeds over 140kmph.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 07:13   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
your saying you spent 150 per lamp on upgrading to 100/90 bulbs. did you get relays and cutouts installed and ceramic bulb holders? if not please go and get these now. the light will definitely improve.

also the handling is not that confidence inspiring either, but its not bad. it dosent feel that planted at speeds over 140kmph.
I will install relays and bulb holders. I went past 150 twice and found the handling pretty good. I test drove linea and got it upto 140. I didnt find that handle any better than optra. may be its just me
Old 15th December 2009, 10:29   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I will install relays and bulb holders. I went past 150 twice and found the handling pretty good. I test drove linea and got it upto 140. I didnt find that handle any better than optra. may be its just me
do that soon. its not good to upgrade to higher wattage bulbs without the relays, cutouts etc.

about handling, depends what your comparing it to right? i find the suspension a bit soft, and the stability isnt as good as, say, an elantra.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 10:53   #40
BHPian

Congrats Mate, I was looking for my name mentioned anywhere
RakishRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 11:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
Congrats Mate, I was looking for my name mentioned anywhere
Yes. I would, if you had helped with the PDI !!!
Just kidding

There was a leak in the aircon somewhere below glovebox where water was dripping inside the cabin. It was fixed in Trident chevy - bangalore. The reason I was told was a loose fitting that dragged exhaust water inside the cabin.
Old 16th December 2009, 16:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I would, if you had helped with the PDI !!!
I thought that's the first thing (our standard T-BHP PDI checklist item) I gave to your then-soon-to-be-wife.
Enjoy your car.
RakishRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 17:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will install relays and bulb holders.
There is no need of installing relay & ceramic bulb holders in magnum as it can sustain with higer wattage bulbs. Its a direct bolt-on fitments.
Yes, for other vehicles its necessary. Check with the dealer.
For better lighting, HID's would be the best.
Didn't like the alloys though.
How is the sound quality of the music system?
Pls post some interior pics. wanna see the new feature, ACC.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 16th December 2009 at 17:47.
Ramsagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 10:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
There is no need of installing relay & ceramic bulb holders in magnum as it can sustain with higer wattage bulbs. Its a direct bolt-on fitments.
Yes, for other vehicles its necessary. Check with the dealer.
For better lighting, HID's would be the best.
Didn't like the alloys though.
How is the sound quality of the music system?
Pls post some interior pics. wanna see the new feature, ACC.
Sound quality is pretty good, if not great. I will post better pic on interiors. ACC is good. Fix a funel and the car smells fresh
Attached Images

Old 17th December 2009, 10:08   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
I thought that's the first thing (our standard T-BHP PDI checklist item) I gave to your then-soon-to-be-wife.
Enjoy your car.
Yes. That was the list we used and it was pretty comprehensive. Even better if you were also there. You would have spotted the water leakage issue.