Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th March 2010, 20:13   #136
BHPian

Hey rocky you got an Ecu remap or what??..
don_carmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 14:36   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hey rocky you got an Ecu remap or what??..
I think it was a ECU remap. The technician told me it was a new update provided to the older vehicles to reduce the sound originating from the EGR valve and he also told me that it would improve mileage. Basically after the update my feeling is that the vehicle has become a lot smoother in terms of NVH but i feel the pickup has dropped considerably.Before i think the turbo used to kick in at around 1200-1300rpm but now it starts kicking in after 1500-1600rpm.I am thinking of getting the old setting installed again. I was much happier with the old setting.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 18:20   #138
BHPian

Was it done by the A.S.S. or you got it done from outside...?
Anyways, did it improve your mileage??
Old 15th March 2010, 18:47   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Was it done by the A.S.S. or you got it done from outside...?
Anyways, did it improve your mileage??
It was done at the A.S.S. I have already told the service advisor while taking delivery that it was feeling underpowered but he told me to drive it for some more time so i get used to this setting but frankly speaking it feels a bit lazy now in the beginning then it starts picking up speed slowly.I have asked him to change it back to the old setting when it goes for service next time around.I haven't driven the xylo a lot since the ecu setting was changed so not noticed mileage yet. will update once i check it.
Old 15th March 2010, 20:26   #140
BHPian

Where did you fit your ICE? I'm looking at a similar box for my subwoofer
triedeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 22:33   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Where did you fit your ICE? I'm looking at a similar box for my subwoofer
@triedeverything i got my ice done in HSR layout at a place called as autocar.
Old 16th March 2010, 11:25   #142
BHPian

Hey Rocky just a quick question..
Do you experience any kinds of rattles or unwanted noises from the exteriors or the interiors of your car... we are planning now!!
Old 16th March 2010, 12:00   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Rocky just a quick question..
Do you experience any kinds of rattles or unwanted noises from the exteriors or the interiors of your car... we are planning now!!
No such rattling noises to speak off inside or outside.But i did have a squeaking noise from the front left suspension which was fixed during my second service by lubricating a joint(but that was caused due to my rough driving on broken roads) . which model are you planning for?
Old 16th March 2010, 12:06   #144
BHPian

Hey Thanks for the quick reply,
I am planning on E8 ABS Airbags. if get the delivery less than 2 weeks otherwise will go for E8 ABS.. honestly speaking your thread has been very helpful in making my decision ... and finally my dad is also convinced!!!
It is mainly because of the 40 km long trip which we had yesterday in an E4 model and he really liked the performance and the interiors of the vehicle...
Will keep you updated... Hey is the mist silver colour available on e8??

Regards,
Sahil
Old 16th March 2010, 12:21   #145
BHPian

Quote:
..........interiors of the vehicle...

Regards,
Sahil
Hey no problem doncarmaster. congrats on convincing your dad to buy the xylo. I would suggest go in for the airbag xylo even if it takes a couple of weeks extra it is always good to have these safety features and will also help in resale value later on.
sorry mate the e8 does not come in mist silver. I was also looking for the silver xylo, i even went to the extent of talking to the sales manager about me paying extra for it to be custom made and would wait as long as it takes after making full payment but no such luck.so had to settle for white. but i feel white is also good now.what colour are you planning by the way?
Old 16th March 2010, 12:46   #146
BHPian

Maybe gold shimmer , white or the java brown... i hate the toreader red!!
Old 16th March 2010, 12:57   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe gold shimmer , white or the java brown... i hate the toreader red!!
Good luck buying your new baby. please do take pictures during the delivery and write a detailed ownership report.if you need any clarification just give me a howler i will reply ASAP. Hoping to see your own ownership thread soon.
Old 16th March 2010, 13:08   #148
BHPian

Rocky,
How much did you pay for the sub enclosure? Did you buy all the parts from him? Also how satisfied are you with the installation and how much did it set you back by (only install)
triedeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 13:14   #149

Quote:
Hey Thanks for the quick reply,
I am planning on E8 ABS Airbags. if get the delivery less than 2 weeks otherwise will go for E8 ABS.. honestly speaking your thread has been very helpful in making my decision ... and finally my dad is also convinced!!!
It is mainly because of the 40 km long trip which we had yesterday in an E4 model and he really liked the performance and the interiors of the vehicle...

Regards,
Sahil
I am on the same boat Sahil. I booked Xylo E8(Fiery Black) yesterday with ABS & Airbags. The dealer informed us that there was no delivery of Xylo with Airbags in the last 3 months even one of their order was not dlivered/cancelled by M&M. The delivery time will be less than 2 weeks in case of no airbags but will be delayed if we opt for Airbags. On road cost was INR900000 for wihtout airbags and +23K for with Airbags. The only offer I got was free insurance from M&M if I opt for either Reliance or National but no other freebies apart from extended warranty. Let me know the on road cost + freebies offered by your dealer.
xtremethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 13:15   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Rocky,
How much did you pay for the sub enclosure? Did you buy all the parts from him? Also how satisfied are you with the installation and how much did it set you back by (only install)
@tried everything i don't remember how much i paid for the sub enclosure alone. all in all the entire installation put me back by about 40,000. i think he charged about 1000rs or so for labour.

Edit:just called up that accesory guy and spoke to him the box cost somewhere between 750-800.

Last edited by rocky080 : 16th March 2010 at 13:25.
rocky080 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote