Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th March 2010, 21:16   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Dear Rocky,

Do comment...
Have you got any Seat covers??
If yes do tell me which ones and how much they cost?
ARe you experiencing any niggling issues ,rattles , unwanted noises.. as a Tb mate is experiencing hell number of them
Whats your mileage?? and on the odo??
First of all let me be the first one to congratulate you on booking your new xylo.How much did all the accessories requested by you cost?

1) No i have the original seat covers that came with the vehicles.
2) Like i said before i have no rattling issues at all. Can you tell me which bhpian is facing this issue and how much kilometers on his odo? Which area in particular he is getting these rattles?
3)I used to get around 12 as average. But i have not checked it after the ecu remap.
4) I have 11,037 on the Odo till date.

Last edited by rocky080 : 26th March 2010 at 21:18.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 21:25   #167
BHPian

Actually i have requested them these acc. and waiting for the prices of them so that i can negotiate a bit more with the dealer...so will surely let you know the stats when i get the fiinal ones... the onroad is 893612 +acc. and

His name is Vinay rathore and he was one of the first buyers of xylo in delhi ... he bought without even testdriving and got a tor. red one ... he has 36grand on his odo and has faced many issues
He said maybe its because he has got the xylo from the very first batch ...

Have you got the chrome kit installed...
??
Also awaiting some new pics from your side ... its been ages!!
don_carmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 21:33   #168
BHPian

Quote:

His name is Vinay rathore and he was one of the first buyers of xylo in delhi ... he bought without even testdriving and got a tor. red one ... he has 36grand on his odo and has faced many issues
He said maybe its because he has got the xylo from the very first batch ...

Have you got the chrome kit installed...
??
Also awaiting some new pics from your side ... its been ages!!
Maybe bad luck but i have had some issues in the beginning with the egr . Nothing serious resolved quite easily.

I personally do not like the chrome kit so have not added it on my beast.

Pics, not to worry keep an eye on the team bhp meet section for a thread called bangalore buddy's meet in nagarhole. We are leaving for a trip come meet tomorrow morning. you will find all the pics there once we return from the trip on sunday.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:41   #169
BHPian

Will sure keep an Meagle ;-) eye on the thread!!!!
Old 31st March 2010, 00:57   #170
BHPian

Finally today, My beast landed in Delhi and as instructed the sales person called me there to have the car inspected before it is readied for delivery..
Attaching a few snaps
Attached Thumbnails
My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-30032010001.jpg  

My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-30032010002.jpg  

My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-30032010003.jpg  

My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-30032010004.jpg  

My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-30032010006.jpg  

My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-30032010.jpg  

My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-30032010011.jpg  

My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-30032010010.jpg  

Old 31st March 2010, 01:32   #171
BHPian

Default !!! Hearty Congratulations !!!

Quote:
Finally today, My beast landed in Delhi and as instructed the sales person called me there to have the car inspected before it is readied for delivery..
Attaching a few snaps

Super Stuff don_carmaster !! I am really happy for you. The Pics looks just so fresh and amazing.

Even you have the beige & walnut brown colored interiors. I'm sure you must have had a pick on the seat covers. Just in case if you see some pics on my thread you may choose for a color similar to that. I mean beige colored seat covers. My logic to go for them was an idea about the car looking much bigger from the interior. and trust me it came out like a dream come true.

Please very meticulous when you take the delivery about every minute details you can notice about the car. Please do take a walk around to check on the cleanliness. The guys do tend to goof up on a wagon of this size. Also within the first 19 days of your buy do visit the URL --> www.mahindrafeedback.com/ to post your feedback.

I faced a wee bit of issues during delivery and shall post complete details in my post tomorrow !! Nevertheless I hope the delivery experience at your end goes very cool.

A very nice choice on the color. Diamond white does makes its presence felt on the roan. Its just due to white color i feel the wagon looks much bigger.

By the way....are you getting the engine coating done. M&M offers an oppulent package here in Mumbai @Rs 10.5K which consists of vinyl coat on the vehicle, smoke treatment, engine coating and under carriage coating. Please see if you can get that over there.

Last edited by Vista : 31st March 2010 at 01:37.
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 09:41   #172
BHPian

hearty congratulation don carmaster on getting your beast. It looks like you got the 7 seater E8 version. The vehicle looks really good. Please do take better pictures of the beast in the morning with all the accesories fitted on it and start your own detailed ownership thread soon.

It looks like we have a white xylo that we know of in all regions of india.
You have one in northern part in delhi, Vista has it in central region in mumbai, i have it in the south in bangalore.

Do not forget to take the t-bhp Pdi checklist when going to take delivery.Take your time inspecting it properly and don't allow the dealer to rush you with the inspection and delivery formalities.

Last edited by rocky080 : 31st March 2010 at 09:43.
Old 3rd April 2010, 07:16   #173
BHPian

hey guys finally got my beast home!!! still dont feel like its mine!!! Attaching some pics clicked at the showroom
Queries invited
Attached Thumbnails
My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-02042010002.jpg  

My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-02042010003.jpg  

My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-02042010004.jpg  

Old 3rd April 2010, 11:24   #174
Senior - BHPian

nice pictures, why dont you open up your thread with ownership reviews.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:32   #175
BHPian

hi don carmaster your beast looks cool.I really liked the front bull bar, but what happened to the ski racks and sunfilm you had ordered?
Old 4th April 2010, 00:36   #176
BHPian

Hi rocky,

For the ski racks they sad they would put it with double tape and were saying that there was no guarantee if it would come off so did not opt for that..

And for the sunfilms, by looking at the beasts' already tinted glasses thought of leaving it..

Hey i am facing one issue... i have got the crash guard for the rear which is actually just a bar , so when i put the gear in reverse the sensors keep beeping and dont stop... have called the dealer, they said it may be that the bar is obstructing he sensors' so they said they would fix it once i take the car to them
are you facing it also..??

@tanwar..
would sure start... just busy with exams right now!!
but queries are invited!!
Old 4th April 2010, 10:43   #177
BHPian

Hi Don carmaster no i do not have this problem because i do not have the crash bar at the back. The sensor issue is one of the reason i didn't go for it. As you're complaining of the sensor issue the A.S.S guys will lower it by bending the mounting bracket or add a bigger one which will cause the crash bar to come down it will look really ugly when it comes down and there are chances of it scrapping the road on bumps if the car is fully loaded with people. So my suggestion is try to try and exchange that for something like a rear view camera. I got my rear view camera installed about 2 months ago it really help during the night.
Old 4th April 2010, 12:57   #178
BHPian

Hey rocky

Could you please tell me how much the rear view camera costed you...and it could be all the more better if you could post some shots !
Where is the screen placed??
and did you get it from the Ass??
Old 4th April 2010, 13:05   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Hey rocky

Could you please tell me how much the rear view camera costed you...and it could be all the more better if you could post some shots !
Where is the screen placed??
and did you get it from the Ass??
Hi don carmaster the rear view camera cost me 7k it is hiker brand. I will try to post the pics by today evening as i am a little busy right now.
I got it done at a accessories shop not at the A.S.S.

The screen is placed at the left side of my dash near the left A pillar its a 4" screen.
Old 4th April 2010, 20:47   #180
BHPian

hey rocky i am getting mileage of 8 on the ddas is that ok for now?? Run only 152 km..