Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th July 2010, 14:08   #226
BHPian

Default 20,000 Km update

Sorry for not posting any update. Here are a few unexpected problems i had with my beast. there was a coolant leak that happened in one of the pipes leading up to the radiator nothing serious but a little concerning. It has some sort of a valve which has a whoring in it which seems to be failing on many xylo's that i saw in the service station. It was fixed immediately under warranty and its fine now. Another problem that i faced was the bushing's on the front suspension(both sides) upper arm had slipped causing a squeking noise which was also replaced under warranty(pic attached below). So no complaints about servicing or vehicle performance. Few minor issues but was fixed immediately by the service center.

After removing the upper arm.
My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-dsc00467.jpg

The Old upper arm.
My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-dsc00466.jpg

After fixing the new upper arm
My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-dsc00468.jpg
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 16:07   #227
BHPian

Hi Rocky,

Which service station in Bangalore do you recommend for Xylo servicing. We bought ours from SKS and their workshop is in Bannerghata rd. Since we stay quite closer to Sireesh, we plan to take it there when its time. Your thoughts!!
BigWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 20:32   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Hi Rocky,

Which service station in Bangalore do you recommend for Xylo servicing. We bought ours from SKS and their workshop is in Bannerghata rd. Since we stay quite closer to Sireesh, we plan to take it there when its time. Your thoughts!!
First of all congrats on the new beast hope you have great time driving it. I have been quite satisfied with sireesh auto's service(hosur road) from the time i bought my vehicle from them. I am not saying they are perfect but as far as i have heard and experienced they are better than a few other M&M A.S.S. I know a couple of good guys at sireesh who take very good care of my vehicle. But my suggestion is if you can spare sometime take a day off and stay at the servce station when your vehicle is being serviced. If you need contact numer of the sevice guys at sireesh PM me.

Last edited by rocky080 : 14th July 2010 at 20:35.
Old 15th July 2010, 16:15   #229
BHPian

Thanks Rocky. Ill keep that in mind. Me standing at the workshop all day might have to be ruled out and i dont think my hubby would agree either.

I do another question i tried asking new xylo buyers (havent got a response yet) Did u get a lock key for the small cabinet under the driver's seat?
IN ours E8 ABS version we jsut have a provision for lock.

Thanks for your reply
BigWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 09:17   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do another question i tried asking new xylo buyers (havent got a response yet) Did u get a lock key for the small cabinet under the driver's seat?

Thanks for your reply
Yes, I got one on the e6. Lock with two keys.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 13:10   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rocky. Ill keep that in mind. Me standing at the workshop all day might have to be ruled out and i dont think my hubby would agree either.

Thanks for your reply
Yup i have got a lock and two keys for the box underneath the seats. As far as i know that is standard on all models with the box underneath. Ask your dealer about it. It should be provided.
Old 17th July 2010, 02:10   #232
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for your reply

Hello there, I did respond on my thread, mine's an E8 ABS and I didnt get a lock and key
ankurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 10:35   #233
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a SUV as my second car. I am going through the threads of Innova and Xylo. Slowly I am getting inclined towards Xylo. In the mean time waiting for RIII of Maruti too.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 20:08   #234
Senior - BHPian

Default Prospective member to TBHP Xylo club

Dear All,

I've been closely since observing Xylo, Grande and Innova threads since sometime back. Took my first step forward, visited Sireesh at Silk Board junction yesterday and examined the beast. TD vehicle was not near, so they send the vehicle today. Had a ~20KM TD on Black E8 with ABS and Airbag with whole family (Me, wifey, son, parents).

Results .

All of us are really staisfied on the first trip on Xylo. wifey and me driven the vehicle and all of us tried all the three rows of seats. I am 5'9" tall and found the third row can accomodate me well, amble legroom and only roof is slightly close to head.

I have driven and travelled in Innova before. I found Xylo's driving positition to be extremely commanding (while parked in traffic, i was tall as the Volvo driver). Better throttle response. Engine sound is not high inside cabin as I expected. Interiors are better in the Innova, but E8's interiors are not bod (except the internal door handle which really feels fragile).

I have a limited budget of 5L(+/- 10%) plus my Accent CRDi(KL Reg) which makes me eligible only for a D2. Need to check the resale price of Accent in Kerala to see if I can get an E4 in the budget).

Need all your ongoing support when my decision progresses.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 23:24   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Dear All,

.....Need all your ongoing support when my decision progresses.

Hey jacs good to know your looking at a xylo. But i would suggest you buy the E4 with the M-Eagle engine by extending your budget a little.The M2di engine though a crde engine pumps out only 100bhp. The M-Eagle produces about 112bhp though the difference is just 12bhp it makes a lot of difference. The quick throttle response you found on the TD vehicle will not be there and it will feel under powered. Try to stretch for the E4. Good luck deciding. If you need any clarification or help PM me.Ask for Mr Ravindra reddy at sireesh (silk board branch) he is quite a knowledgable person and try to work out some deal with him so you can go in for E4 xylo with m-eagle engine.
Old 19th July 2010, 10:54   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Hey jacs good to know your looking at a xylo. But i would suggest you buy the E4 with the M-Eagle engine by extending your budget a little.The M2di engine though a crde engine pumps out only 100bhp. The M-Eagle produces about 112bhp though the difference is just 12bhp it makes a lot of difference. The quick throttle response you found on the TD vehicle will not be there and it will feel under powered. Try to stretch for the E4. Good luck deciding. If you need any clarification or help PM me.Ask for Mr Ravindra reddy at sireesh (silk board branch) he is quite a knowledgable person and try to work out some deal with him so you can go in for E4 xylo with m-eagle engine.
Thanks for your quick response Rocky, I am trying to find a good deal for my Accent so as to decide between D2 and E4. It might take some time and the prices would go up a little again since this 20th July 2010.

Another difference of D2 with E series is its tyres, E series has bigger tyres which makes it again superior.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 11:22   #237
BHPian

Hello Jacs, Good to hear that you are looking for a xylo. I would also suggest that you should go for E4 rather than D2. D2 has smaller tyres and it will make it unstable as the body is big and tyres are small. Also as suggested by other members E4 has meagle which is superior than D2's mdi CRDe engine. If you can extend your budget then go fir E4.
HappyRoadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 23:17   #238
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Sorry I had been out of station for quite an amount of time,

@Bigwheels- Even i have got just the provision and the not lock-key.

@jacs- Is actually what kind of engine you want, D2 with the smaller tyres and the black bumpers do turn you off but you can always upgrade the rubber and paint the bumpers, to get a more economical engine with lesser service costs and better mileage!!
But by just investing more you can get a e4 with a better powered engine and car meant for family and not the Taxi so E4 is a bit more worthy of its price..
All the best in your selection!!

@rocky- is the coolant and the upper arm problem kind of common on all xyloes or just in your beast!!??

Regards,
Sahil
don_carmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 09:27   #239
BHPian

Hey don carmaster the upper arm issue was just that the bushing had slipped this was only with my xylo. But i saw atleast 2 other xylo's with coolant leaking from the same spot in the service station. when enquired i was told that a few of the xylo's have had this issue. But it is quite an easy fix, remove old O-ring, replace it with a new one and then they applied some sort of a blue glue stuff and fixed it back. And problem is solved.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st July 2010 at 19:48. Reason: whoring = O-ring ? :P
Old 23rd July 2010, 03:01   #240
BHPian

ONe more thing!

How did you exactly got to know that it was the upperarm?
Was that squeaking sound AUDIBLE INSIDE ALSO?
and the other xyloes which had the coolant leaking issue were they on the same odo as yours??

Thanks in advance,
Sahil
don_carmaster is offline   Reply With Quote