Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 10:03   #271
BHPian
 
rocky080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 303
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Thanks Rocky.. assuming the oil change recommended is 12months ?

The timeline specified in the manual is 12months as regular service is recomended every 5k or 4 months with engine oil changes every 15k, and other oils like transmission and differential oil every 40k after their change in the intial 10k service.

Last edited by rocky080 : 27th October 2010 at 10:04.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 13:36   #272
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default

Thanks everyone for the guidance. I have settled for the Java Brown E8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Guys,

It has been couple of months since my Xylo dezire started. My Accent is still with me due to the lack of time for engaging in some serious sale deals. Last week I came across an year old (hardly) E8 (Non ABS) with 14K on odo for 8L. Checked the vehcile and found it to be maintained like a gem. Need your suggestions since I am paranoid in making a decision. New price is ~10L as updated by Sireesh auto.
jacs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 08:48   #273
BHPian
 
rocky080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 303
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Guys,

It has been couple of months since my Xylo dezire started. My Accent is still with me due to the lack of time for engaging in some serious sale deals. Last week I came across an year old (hardly) E8 (Non ABS) with 14K on odo for 8L. Checked the vehcile and found it to be maintained like a gem. Need your suggestions since I am paranoid in making a decision. New price is ~10L as updated by Sireesh auto.
hey jacs is this the same xylo that you're talking about.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...dra/Xlyo.html/

looks to be maintained in pretty good condition. please give us your experience with the beast after buying the vehicle.

Last edited by rocky080 : 28th October 2010 at 08:50.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 09:35   #274
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
hey jacs is this the same xylo that you're talking about.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...dra/Xlyo.html/

looks to be maintained in pretty good condition. please give us your experience with the beast after buying the vehicle.

Yes Rocky, you are right. Same car. Would pick it up next week, now running for money .
jacs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 10:44   #275
BHPian
 
raj.barcode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 678
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

Rocky; will have company for all those drives we do it together and congrats JACS
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 07:00   #276
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Rocky; will have company for all those drives we do it together and congrats JACS

Thanks Raj. I got the vehicle yesterday, yet to complete the paper formalities but Diwali weekend might slow down the process.

Its no doubt a jeep with all creature comforts! I did about 100KMs drive yesterday to get acquainted with its character. Its fun to drive!

May have to consider upgrading the stock lighting since my travels are in dark most of the time.

Last edited by jacs : 4th November 2010 at 07:01.
jacs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 08:56   #277
BHPian
 
rocky080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 303
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Thanks Raj. I got the vehicle yesterday, yet to complete the paper formalities but Diwali weekend might slow down the process.

Its no doubt a jeep with all creature comforts! I did about 100KMs drive yesterday to get acquainted with its character. Its fun to drive!

May have to consider upgrading the stock lighting since my travels are in dark most of the time.
Upgrading to 90/100's will help the situation a bit but i doubt it will be as effective as your expectations.I have also upgraded to philips extreme 90/100's but still i am not that very satisfied with the lighting so planning to get hella fog lamps fitted on my baby.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 12:18   #278
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Upgrading to 90/100's will help the situation a bit but i doubt it will be as effective as your expectations.I have also upgraded to philips extreme 90/100's but still i am not that very satisfied with the lighting so planning to get hella fog lamps fitted on my baby.
I am not planning to add extra lights now but let me wait to see you upgrade . 100/90 upgrade will be done by Mahindra or only outside garages? Also will 100/90 give a 30% improvement which I am expecting?

BTW I saw a Black Xylo in Kerala with lightforce on the black moulded bull bar. It was looking beautiful, but price may be on the higher side.


There is some part change due on my car according the the previous owner, India garage has ordered for it with Mahindra and can expect it in about a week or two. Let me check what is the name of the part to understand the criticality since the car would travel Kerala by mid of November.
jacs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 12:45   #279
BHPian
 
rocky080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 303
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

I would rate the improvement in lighting with 90/100 by about 15-20%. My issue is i am always tailgating a very well known elantra on the highway so i need to look quite some distance ahead to react and manouvere according to the road conditions at highway speeds. So trying to find hella 5003 fog lamps which are about the same size as light force and costs about 1/3 the price(7-8k IIRC).
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 13:44   #280
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
I would rate the improvement in lighting with 90/100 by about 15-20%. My issue is i am always tailgating a very well known elantra on the highway so i need to look quite some distance ahead to react and manouvere according to the road conditions at highway speeds. So trying to find hella 5003 fog lamps which are about the same size as light force and costs about 1/3 the price(7-8k IIRC).
Good luck on your hunt for new eyes for your baby...For 1K investment, even 20% improvement is a good return but need to check if mahindra dealer can do it for me to ensure my warranty is not voided.
jacs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 15:03   #281
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Jacs, your warranty will not be voided if you are putting a new harness for 90/100 bulbs. In fact all the accessories shop put the bulb with a wiring harness and will not touch other wirings. So your warranty will not be voided. Even I have done the same thing on my XYLO.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 22:04   #282
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Jacs, your warranty will not be voided if you are putting a new harness for 90/100 bulbs. In fact all the accessories shop put the bulb with a wiring harness and will not touch other wirings. So your warranty will not be voided. Even I have done the same thing on my XYLO.
Thanks shishir. Any recommendation on where to do it? I did in Green Tracks for my Palio and in Nitin Auto for my Accent .
jacs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2010, 08:25   #283
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default My Xylo E8

Hi All,

Here's my baby .

My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-img_0643.jpg

Yesterday I drove about 100KMs that too in NECE Road and the drive was just superb.
jacs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 15:00   #284
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Thanks shishir. Any recommendation on where to do it? I did in Green Tracks for my Palio and in Nitin Auto for my Accent .
Jacs, I did that in a shop called Top Choice which is on the Sarjapur road, near to Wipro corporate office. It costed me around 850/- including everything. Since you stay near Electronic city you can come down this side or any accessories shop can do it. See for warranty. I got 1 year warranty. Nice pics there Jacs. Hoping to see a new thread from you on your newly acquired car.

Last edited by shishir_bn : 8th November 2010 at 15:08. Reason: Added one line
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 17:36   #285
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Jacs, I did that in a shop called Top Choice which is on the Sarjapur road, near to Wipro corporate office. It costed me around 850/- including everything. Since you stay near Electronic city you can come down this side or any accessories shop can do it. See for warranty. I got 1 year warranty. Nice pics there Jacs. Hoping to see a new thread from you on your newly acquired car.
Thanks Shishir. I will also do it there since they are now well versed on M&M install, SJP is quite near to me. I shall give you a buzz too .
jacs is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
M&M launches Xylo variant - Xylo D2, with new Engine H3LIOS The Indian Car Scene 61 11th November 2010 22:34
Countdown to new Xylo 'Happy legs' TV ad.. Will they launch a new Xylo? Finject The Indian Car Scene 19 19th May 2010 18:28
Retrofitting ABS, Defogger et all in Xylo anarkanu Modifications & Accessories 3 28th October 2009 11:08
Bought a new Xylo E8 ABS dgr8ctzn Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 4 1st October 2009 21:35
Mahindra XYLO now with ABS nishant kar The Indian Car Scene 19 19th May 2009 12:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks