Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd November 2010, 14:15   #301

By the way, has anyone changed the internal door handles of Xylo. Its been 8 months since I have bought my Xylo & every time I get frustrated looking at those cheap plastic handles.
bimal8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:14   #302
BHPian

^^ Last week I spent some time in a Xylo(E6), and was very disappointed at seeing the internal door handles.

BTW, is it need to have at least 4 people on board to get a good ride on Xylo ?
I have driven short distance with a co-driver, and my back was getting hit while driving over the humps.
Twiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:21   #303

I guess the Xylo in which you travelled didn't have proper tyre pressure. Infact have driven alone quite a few times and & no issues whatsoever
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:31   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
^^ Last week I spent some time in a Xylo(E6), and was very disappointed at seeing the internal door handles.

BTW, is it need to have at least 4 people on board to get a good ride on Xylo ?
I have driven short distance with a co-driver, and my back was getting hit while driving over the humps.
It settes down and is more composed when you have more people in it. But i did not understand when you said your back was getting hit while driving over speed breakers.

Do you mean the backend of the vehicle of hits the ground?
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:37   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimal8 View Post
By the way, has anyone changed the internal door handles of Xylo. Its been 8 months since I have bought my Xylo & every time I get frustrated looking at those cheap plastic handles.
Yeah, they look cheap but proved to be quite strong. My 5 yr old uses them for grab handles for getting in and out of the vehicle. I thought they wouldn't last a month, well its been 15 months and and they continue to survive the torture.

BTW, I did see steel (or chrome??) internal door handles on a Xylo at the service center. They were ill fitted and didn't match the interior. The service guys didn't know where they were sourced from and the owner was not available.
H3LIOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:40   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post
Yeah, they look cheap but proved to be quite strong. My 5 yr old uses them for grab handles for getting in and out of the vehicle. I thought they wouldn't last a month, well its been 15 months and and they continue to survive the torture.

BTW, I did see steel (or chrome??) internal door handles on a Xylo at the service center. They were ill fitted and didn't match the interior. The service guys didn't know where they were sourced from and the owner was not available.
Oh is it. Well in that case I will try and get the existing handles coated. Well it will be an R & D and hope it works.
Old 22nd November 2010, 20:33   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimal8 View Post
I guess the Xylo in which you travelled didn't have proper tyre pressure. Infact have driven alone quite a few times and & no issues whatsoever
Not sure about tyre pressures. Vehicle was nearing 5000km (not gone for the 1st service).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
It settes down and is more composed when you have more people in it. But i did not understand when you said your back was getting hit while driving over speed breakers.

Do you mean the backend of the vehicle of hits the ground?
No, it is not vehicle.. my(body) upper back was getting a push feel.. (don't know how to write that) I think it is related to the settling down you have mentioned.
Twiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 08:37   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
my(body) upper back was getting a push feel.. (don't know how to write that) I think it is related to the settling down you have mentioned.
Compared to my Ikon, I too get this feeling more in my Scorpio. I guess a little bit of this increased g - effect is present in most 2 ton vehicles
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:51   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

hey guys..

I happened to sit in a fairly new Xylo today..

I found the door knob (inside one) making an unusually crude "tak" sound while someone tried to open the door. This was the case for all doors. Is it so unrefined or it was a one-off case.

The sound on a door closing wasn't very pleasant either. Sounded more like 1990 Premier Padminis!
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 08:55   #310
BHPian

Has anyone faced any issues with the viper blades in the xylo?
Had a strange episode of the left viper blade getting stuck while in motion and after i had tightened it, the other one got stuck and in the process got bent.
BigWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 17:33   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Has anyone faced any issues with the viper blades in the xylo?
Had a strange episode of the left viper blade getting stuck while in motion and after i had tightened it, the other one got stuck and in the process got bent.
Sorry could not update sooner.
@bigwheels i have never faced such issues till date.must be a one off problem.

Anyways nothing much to update about the beast except that it is now running on Castrol edge 5w40 fully synthetic oil. After the oil change the beast is running a lot smoother and the somehow i feel that the beast has suddenly become more torqy and wants to lunge ahead on tapping the throttle.
Attached Thumbnails
My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-05122010016.jpg  

Last edited by rocky080 : 6th December 2010 at 17:34.
Old 6th December 2010, 18:34   #312
BHPian

Hey rocky,

How you've been doin?

Nice to see the beast getting torquier...!!! you got the oil change during your General service or got it done out of routine??

@Bigwheels
I would sure accept that the stock wipers are really bad quality.. they have not been able to clean the screen clear anymore.. always leave some drain marks there
But have not experienced any event of the blades getting stuck

Last edited by don_carmaster : 6th December 2010 at 18:36.
don_carmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 20:23   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hey rocky,

How you've been doin?

Nice to see the beast getting torquier...!!! you got the oil change during your General service or got it done out of routine??
I got the oil changed after i felt a loss in performance after a 340km non-stop highspeed sprint on the GQ not as part of regular service. so i switched over from mineral to fully synthetic oil.
Old 6th December 2010, 23:22   #314
BHPian

Thats nice then!

DO you think that the non-stop Sprint was the cause of the loss in performance?
And how did you select the Oil?

Also are you suffering from front seats rattles??
My both seats are and sometimes event he drivers side belt also makes strange noises!!
any inputs on that part??

Last edited by don_carmaster : 6th December 2010 at 23:23.
don_carmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 23:38   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Thats nice then!

DO you think that the non-stop Sprint was the cause of the loss in performance?
And how did you select the Oil?

Also are you suffering from front seats rattles??
My both seats are and sometimes event he drivers side belt also makes strange noises!!
any inputs on that part??
I think that the mineral oil which was quite old(changed at the 20k service IIRC) was not able to keep up with the heat generated with constant high speed, it was performing well when car was cool but i felt there was drop in acceleration after the high speed run. I asked around and a few friends suggested shell helix ultra and castrol edge. so finall ended up with that.

I also had the seat creaking issue but it was fixed by tightening the seat mounting bolts (A small DIY) i have no issues with my seat belts.

Last edited by rocky080 : 6th December 2010 at 23:40.