Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 07:05   #316
BHPian
 
valapad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: KL-08
Posts: 87
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Congrats Valapad..and I must say your xylo sure looks a killer...the ski racks simply awesome.. i was wondering why Mahindra didnt have it in their E8 version as well...

But from what i had heard, it was not advisable to add (screwed in or stuck) the ski rack.. there have been episodes of customers facing leaks in such cases.

Let us know how it fares for you and by the way also how much did it cost you.

Otherwise i must say you Xylo is indeed one of the best looking one I have seen.. Congrats
Thanks Brother,If any leakage problom why Mahindra sell it ?

Last edited by valapad : 7th December 2010 at 07:10.
valapad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 10:29   #317
BHPian
 
don_carmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 253
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Valapad- Its actually M&M has two ways to put up the ski rack
1) With a double sided tape
2) By making holes in the body

Even i had the option to do it but ti opted out since putting it with tapes would mean it coming off sooner or later and screwing holes in the body would result into substantial amount of leaks inside the roof which by the time would be diagnosed would be too late

The E6 model where the ski rack is standard fitments is done by drilling it the structural roof which is later sealed with the body

Sahil
don_carmaster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 10:53   #318
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 18
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Valapad- Its actually M&M has two ways to put up the ski rack
==============
The E6 model where the ski rack is standard fitments is done by drilling it the structural roof which is later sealed with the body

Sahil

Totally agree with Don_carmaster & hence avoided getting these fitted on my E8
bimal8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 22:38   #319
BHPian
 
don_carmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 253
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs

hey guys.. Need some help!

Today my driver in the evening notified me about a sign coming on the instrument cluster... I thought he was talking about the low fuel indicator
But later on i checked it was the ENGINE CHECK lamp..
I stalled the vehicle checked the oil the pipes and tubes and everything seems fine

Just ten minutes ago.. i took on a drive and i feel some loss in acceleration.. as if the turbos not coming on after 2000
Can you help me out guys!! will be taking my baby to MASS tomorrow most probably
don_carmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 01:42   #320
BHPian
 
rocky080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 303
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
hey guys.. Need some help!

Today my driver in the evening notified me about a sign coming on the instrument cluster... I thought he was talking about the low fuel indicator
But later on i checked it was the ENGINE CHECK lamp..
I stalled the vehicle checked the oil the pipes and tubes and everything seems fine

Just ten minutes ago.. i took on a drive and i feel some loss in acceleration.. as if the turbos not coming on after 2000
Can you help me out guys!! will be taking my baby to MASS tomorrow most probably
Hey whats up with your beas, Is the engine check light always on? if yes stop driving it immediately.

Is your engine roaring and growling more? if yes check the pipes that connect to the intercooler which are located below the engine cover. I had a similar situation when the A.S.S guy had forgotten to tighten the clamp on one of the intercooler pipes but i had not got the ECL it was just loss of acceleration and a loader roar(unrefined engine sound) from the engine. If ECL is on always don't drive it. park it where ever it is right now and ask it to be towed to the A.S.S.Hope its just a minor issue and keep us updated cheers.

Last edited by rocky080 : 9th December 2010 at 01:44.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 20:02   #321
BHPian
 
don_carmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 253
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs

Hey rocky.. Thanks for your instant reply!!

Sent the beast for checkup to the Doc( Read : MASS) They diagnosed a faulty sensor and changed it under warranty..
Also my reverse parking sensor was beeping unnecessarily even that got taken care of under warranty!!!
Will post further complete details when I receive the bill
don_carmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2010, 10:37   #322
BHPian
 
raj.barcode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 678
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs

Rocky how is your truck aka beast doing and heard you bought a new ride for yourself also that it flies too low compared to your truck
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2010, 22:06   #323
BHPian
 
rocky080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 303
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Rocky how is your truck aka beast doing and heard you bought a new ride for yourself also that it flies too low compared to your truck
Joking or what sir ? You know my ride is as good as your ride. Now the big beast is going to be used for family trips and trips where roads are going to be rough like our last trip to Indian niagra AKA athirampalli.


The new for me(read as Used) medium beast is for my personal pleasure and to satisfy my craving to experience 'G's going around corners like on our usual night drives.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 09:23   #324
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default Re: My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs

Guys,

Not good news but nothing too bad.

Xylo is being used by Wifey since my Palio is sold. She banged it to a tree stump while taking reverse, seems like the sensors also didn't detect it being not so wide. It left a dent on the rear bumpers and door, no major scratches or paint loss. Didn't scold her since it was not intentional but a small neglegence. I remember rocky did some body work rit? Hows the experience, should I depend on M&M or any outside body shop?
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 09:46   #325
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Guys,

Not good news but nothing too bad.

Xylo is being used by Wifey since my Palio is sold. She banged it to a tree stump while taking reverse, seems like the sensors also didn't detect it being not so wide. It left a dent on the rear bumpers and door, no major scratches or paint loss. Didn't scold her since it was not intentional but a small neglegence. I remember rocky did some body work rit? Hows the experience, should I depend on M&M or any outside body shop?
Jacs,
If the paint loss in minimal,my suggestion is to go with an "outside" body shop.The cost would be minimal and you can get a neat job.
I know a guy who does a decent job.Dont have his contact number but can make a few calls and get it.He has done a lot of my "Minor scratch" work on my Wagon R back in 2007.
hallik9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 10:15   #326
BHPian
 
rocky080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 303
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Guys,

Not good news but nothing too bad.

Xylo is being used by Wifey since my Palio is sold. She banged it to a tree stump while taking reverse, seems like the sensors also didn't detect it being not so wide. It left a dent on the rear bumpers and door, no major scratches or paint loss. Didn't scold her since it was not intentional but a small neglegence. I remember rocky did some body work rit? Hows the experience, should I depend on M&M or any outside body shop?
Sorry to hear that jacs. But i cant believe that the reverse sensor did not pick up a small tree because my sensors pick up even small sticks and leaves at the bumper height when i back up my truck in my farm, better get the sensors checked. Unless you have a big dent that looks awkward i suggest leave it as it is. I also had a few scratches on the rear bumper that happened when a two wheeler guy bumped into me, so i bought a can of touch up spray and touched it up but the scratches can still be seen if one observes properly. Incanse you still want to get it fixed the sireesh auto guys on hosur road did a very good job with my beast.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 10:21   #327
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default Re: My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Jacs,
If the paint loss in minimal,my suggestion is to go with an "outside" body shop.The cost would be minimal and you can get a neat job.
I know a guy who does a decent job.Dont have his contact number but can make a few calls and get it.He has done a lot of my "Minor scratch" work on my Wagon R back in 2007.
Thanks hallik, do share the number please if you could get it. If there's a paint job involved, I prefer M&M only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Sorry to hear that jacs. But i cant believe that the reverse sensor did not pick up a small tree because my sensors pick up even small sticks and leaves at the bumper height when i back up my truck in my farm, better get the sensors checked. Unless you have a big dent that looks awkward i suggest leave it as it is. I also had a few scratches on the rear bumper that happened when a two wheeler guy bumped into me, so i bought a can of touch up spray and touched it up but the scratches can still be seen if one observes properly. Incanse you still want to get it fixed the sireesh auto guys on hosur road did a very good job with my beast.
How costly are they in terms of body work? My experience lies with FIAT, HYUNDAI and MARUTI only.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 12:06   #328
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,326 Times
Default Re: My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs

anything below bumper height will not be picked up typically - even if for example there is a slight hump just before a bumper height obstacle, since the vehicle rear rises a bit while going over the bump and only then comes across the obstacle, there are chances of the sensors not picking it up.
happened to me twice with my old Bolero with the after-market parking sensors - luckily the Bolero being a monster there was no damage at all.

I havent bother fixing these sensors on my Scorpio - seem to be able so far to manage without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Sorry to hear that jacs. But i cant believe that the reverse sensor did not pick up a small tree because my sensors pick up even small sticks and leaves at the bumper height .
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 13:22   #329
Senior - BHPian
 
mooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,056
Thanked: 245 Times
Default Re: My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
seems like the sensors also didn't detect it being not so wide.
As Rocky says even my sensors pick up the smaller plants, and saplings as well at bumper height, when I am backing up.

I have 4 sensors installed on my rear bumper, they are a real boon in backing up and parking.

Are there 4 or only 2 sensors in your vehicle ?

Hope your ride gets back to good shape
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 23:35   #330
BHPian
 
rocky080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 303
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Thanks hallik, do share the number please if you could get it. If there's a paint job involved, I prefer M&M only.



How costly are they in terms of body work? My experience lies with FIAT, HYUNDAI and MARUTI only.
I think they are pretty reasonable in terms of cost.
As you can see in the link below there was a nice hole in my bodyline and they charged me 3500 for tinkering and painting.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e8-abs-14.html (My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs).

@mooza the stock company setup comes with 3 sensors which is good enough in my opinion.

@shankar.balan. If you read the xylo owners manual it says that the sensors pick up objects which are even below the bumper level and not only at bumper level as long as they are are 1-1.5 feet away from the bumper.

Last edited by rocky080 : 16th December 2010 at 23:36.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
M&M launches Xylo variant - Xylo D2, with new Engine H3LIOS The Indian Car Scene 61 11th November 2010 22:34
Countdown to new Xylo 'Happy legs' TV ad.. Will they launch a new Xylo? Finject The Indian Car Scene 19 19th May 2010 18:28
Retrofitting ABS, Defogger et all in Xylo anarkanu Modifications & Accessories 3 28th October 2009 11:08
Bought a new Xylo E8 ABS dgr8ctzn Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 4 1st October 2009 21:35
Mahindra XYLO now with ABS nishant kar The Indian Car Scene 19 19th May 2009 12:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks