Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th December 2010, 11:49   #331
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
As Rocky says even my sensors pick up the smaller plants, and saplings as well at bumper height, when I am backing up.

I have 4 sensors installed on my rear bumper, they are a real boon in backing up and parking.

Are there 4 or only 2 sensors in your vehicle ?

Hope your ride gets back to good shape
As rocky said, its 3 sensors. Its sufficient as per my experience too but somehow in wifey's case it didnt workout. May be the tree pillar was too narrow or too close to detect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
I think they are pretty reasonable in terms of cost.
As you can see in the link below there was a nice hole in my bodyline and they charged me 3500 for tinkering and painting.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e8-abs-14.html (My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs).
3.5 K is reasonable for such a job. So mine whoulc not cost more than 1-2K if no painting is involved and may be 3-4K if painting is involved. Not worth for an insurance claim!
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 11:52   #332
Senior - BHPian

Guys there was part due for replacement while my Xylo was handed over to me. Nothing serious, it used to give a mellow music in 3rd gear and upper. Since it was ordered in India Garage - Hessarghatta, had to go on a long drive last Saturday. They got the cylinder where transmission shaft joins replaced with some fix-up on the front right suspension since it had a screeching sound while in action. Warranty covered the job and my bill was 130 bucks only.

And regarding the dent on my rear door+bumpers, they anticipate approx 8K since repainting and dent removal is involved.
Old 27th December 2010, 09:58   #333
BHPian

Quote:
So trying to find hella 5003 fog lamps which are about the same size as light force and costs about 1/3 the price(7-8k IIRC).
Not sure if you got the Hella already. I have the Rallye 5000 on my Xylo and the experience has been terrific so far. Its the pencil beam version and gives amazing driving comfort at night. I got it from hot wheels (I think that's the name - its next to india garage service center, before lifestyle). They adjusted the lights such that the left one is slightly inclined, and I noticed buses/trucks giving me way even in the ghat section, which is a new exp, they usually hold turf in the ghats.

costed me around 10k, with the wiring kit (Original hella kit), plus I had that fitted over a carryboy bull bar - the look of the beast just got meaner
ankurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 10:14   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurd View Post
Not sure if you got the Hella already. I have the Rallye 5000 on my Xylo and the experience has been terrific so far. Its the pencil beam version and gives amazing driving comfort at night. I got it from hot wheels (I think that's the name - its next to india garage service center, before lifestyle). They adjusted the lights such that the left one is slightly inclined, and I noticed buses/trucks giving me way even in the ghat section, which is a new exp, they usually hold turf in the ghats.

costed me around 10k, with the wiring kit (Original hella kit), plus I had that fitted over a carryboy bull bar - the look of the beast just got meaner
Could you please post a click of your best, just wanted to get a feel of how is it. I have Moulded bullbar, spoiler and a detachable luggage carrier in my wishlist!
Old 13th April 2011, 07:16   #335
BHPian

Hi rocky,
I have never pushed my xylo more than 120kms on super straight highway. Now that i have proof that a fellow bhpian has pushed it to 170kms i am feeling a bit more comfortable to push her further. Glad to see you are updating your post regularly. I have to sit down and update mine. Cheers.
drrajasaravanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 10:06   #336
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

A quick update. My Xylo clocked 20000KMs and got serviced from India Garage (Victoria rd) last month. Jeep is doing good before and after servicing. No major issues.

Major service costed me INR 8.5K approx which includes Lubes change and fluid top-ups, Air-Oil-Diesel filter changes, Pressure wash, Regular 15K service with flush-out Wheel allignment and balancing for all wheels, Brake kit overhaul etc

Let me be honest here. I was not happy with the overall A.S.S experience comparing the A.S.S of FIATs, Hyundais and Marutis. Below are the few issues I reported back to M&M considering an Indian company should not sink slowly due to ignorence.

1) Customer interaction (I felt like King in all other cases of my ownership where in with M&M I was treated like a yellow badge cabie . Way to go to survive in customer segments like 8L and above unless chauffer driven)

2) Committed delivery time (I was promised to deliver the car by 5PM, no calls or intimation till 5:50PM so I reached IG but car got delivered by 7:30PM after so many follow-ups)

3) Wash quality (Since they were on last minute hurry, washing was pathetic and no where near my hand-wash quality. I complained and they did a re-service next week which was again a not so good job)

4) Sunglass stolen (I know its my resposibility to take care of my belongings but other companies do check before taking in and give an inventory list if anything left out unknowingly)

M&M was very prompt in reporting the issue back to IG for resolution. IG manager told me to buy a new goggles and he can recover the money from his service advisor's salary . I told him I'm fine with the lost goggles and no need to buy it back. Then he offered me a free Exterior and Interior clean job as complimentary to help me come out of my bad experience. Fingers crossed whether I should go for it or drive happily without dealing with them.

Last edited by jacs : 18th April 2011 at 10:10.
Old 20th April 2011, 01:40   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Could you please post a click of your best, just wanted to get a feel of how is it. I have Moulded bullbar, spoiler and a detachable luggage carrier in my wishlist!

Here's the pic on my page http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...lo-e8-abs.html (Bought a new Xylo E8 ABS)

sorry, this took an insane amout of time, in my defence, I was very busy earlier this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
BLR-MUM will be a piece of cake for the Xylo. The roads are very good and the facilities aplenty on the highway. Just make sure to leave BLR as early in the morning as possible and the same applies to Bombay as well.

That apart, it is a breeze. Bon Voyage.
Thanks, am hoping so too. Unfamilier after Belgaum, seems like lots of toll to slow me down. How crowded is it at the border point with commercial vehicles et all? separate lane for pvt. vehicles?
ankurd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 17:09   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry could not update sooner.
@bigwheels i have never faced such issues till date.must be a one off problem.

Anyways nothing much to update about the beast except that it is now running on Castrol edge 5w40 fully synthetic oil. After the oil change the beast is running a lot smoother and the somehow i feel that the beast has suddenly become more torqy and wants to lunge ahead on tapping the throttle.
Quote:
I got the oil changed after i felt a loss in performance after a 340km non-stop highspeed sprint on the GQ not as part of regular service. so i switched over from mineral to fully synthetic oil.
Quote:
I think that the mineral oil which was quite old(changed at the 20k service IIRC) was not able to keep up with the heat generated with constant high speed, it was performing well when car was cool but i felt there was drop in acceleration after the high speed run. I asked around and a few friends suggested shell helix ultra and castrol edge. so finall ended up with that.

I also had the seat creaking issue but it was fixed by tightening the seat mounting bolts (A small DIY) i have no issues with my seat belts.
@rocky: the Castrol oil change is a good info.
Few Queries: 1) did you update this to M&M ? any say on the warranty since not using their MaxiMile brand ?
2) are your using Maxi Flush and Additive during oil changes ? or any other recommendations ?

thanks,

Pranav
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 14:56   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Guys,

A quick update. My Xylo clocked 20000KMs and got serviced from India Garage (Victoria rd) last month. Jeep is doing good before and after servicing. No major issues.

Major service costed me INR 8.5K approx which includes Lubes change and fluid top-ups, Air-Oil-Diesel filter changes, Pressure wash, Regular 15K service with flush-out Wheel allignment and balancing for all wheels, Brake kit overhaul etc

Let me be honest here. I was not happy with the overall A.S.S experience comparing the A.S.S of FIATs, Hyundais and Marutis. Below are the few issues I reported back to M&M considering an Indian company should not sink slowly due to ignorence.

1) Customer interaction (I felt like King in all other cases of my ownership where in with M&M I was treated like a yellow badge cabie . Way to go to survive in customer segments like 8L and above unless chauffer driven)

2) Committed delivery time (I was promised to deliver the car by 5PM, no calls or intimation till 5:50PM so I reached IG but car got delivered by 7:30PM after so many follow-ups)

3) Wash quality (Since they were on last minute hurry, washing was pathetic and no where near my hand-wash quality. I complained and they did a re-service next week which was again a not so good job)

4) Sunglass stolen (I know its my resposibility to take care of my belongings but other companies do check before taking in and give an inventory list if anything left out unknowingly)

M&M was very prompt in reporting the issue back to IG for resolution. IG manager told me to buy a new goggles and he can recover the money from his service advisor's salary . I told him I'm fine with the lost goggles and no need to buy it back. Then he offered me a free Exterior and Interior clean job as complimentary to help me come out of my bad experience. Fingers crossed whether I should go for it or drive happily without dealing with them.

Guys, I got a gift voucher from M&M. It includes a pressure body wash with interior vaccuming + Wheel alignment and Balancing + Exterior, trims, tryres polishing.

Somehow it brought a smile to my face. Thanks Mahindra
Old 19th May 2011, 20:57   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
@rocky: the Castrol oil change is a good info.
Few Queries: 1) did you update this to M&M ? any say on the warranty since not using their MaxiMile brand ?
2) are your using Maxi Flush and Additive during oil changes ? or any other recommendations ?

thanks,

Pranav
Sorry have been really busy with office work so had not logged on.

I only talked it over with my service advisor but nothing serious. About warranty the manual says you can use any oil which is of the recommended grade or higher so its obvious that fully synthetic oil is of higher grade so should not cause any problems with warranty.
maxi flush was used before when i was still using maximile oil in my beast. now my beast runs only on castrol edge fully synthetic oil.

I am currently using System D with fuel and no other oil additives

Last edited by rocky080 : 19th May 2011 at 20:58.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 11:06   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry have been really busy with office work so had not logged on.

I only talked it over with my service advisor but nothing serious. About warranty the manual says you can use any oil which is of the recommended grade or higher so its obvious that fully synthetic oil is of higher grade so should not cause any problems with warranty.
maxi flush was used before when i was still using maximile oil in my beast. now my beast runs only on castrol edge fully synthetic oil.

I am currently using System D with fuel and no other oil additives
Hi,
what's the ODO KM now and any update on SystemD / any other additives.

wanted to ask you about adding 2T oil in fuel tank.
refer : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...l-fuel-10.html (My Experience Of Adding 2T Oil In Fuel)

regards,
Pranav
Old 27th July 2011, 21:00   #342
BHPian

Added Hiker Nudge Guard Today.
Attached Thumbnails
My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-img_1810.jpg  

My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-img_1812.jpg  

My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-img_1814.jpg  

My Experience With Xylo E8 Abs-img_1815.jpg  

valapad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:46   #343
Senior - BHPian

Wow man. The guard looks really good! What's the black strip on the back door? Just for style or is it some accessory?

The nudge guard is one of the better ones. Another one I liked was by the tbhpian from Pune. Keeps the looks intact, and yet adds security to front. No rear guard?
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:04   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Wow man. The guard looks really good! What's the black strip on the back door? Just for style or is it some accessory?

The nudge guard is one of the better ones. Another one I liked was by the tbhpian from Pune. Keeps the looks intact, and yet adds security to front. No rear guard?
Thanks Brother,
Rear black strip mat sticker,just for style
No plan for rear guard.
valapad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:02   #345
BHPian

Quote:
----
Hello Rocky,
see my earlier post - asking about your views on adding 2T oil in diesel. if you could kindly reply.
thanks, Pranav