Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th December 2009, 13:54   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I saw one today at my office parking area. Havent seen this color much; newly added?

And my friend, two pages and no pix?
I will post the pictures tomorrow for sure. I need to wash my car before I take any pictures. It is full of dirt as there was rain while I was driving from tuticorin.
vnagarajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 14:07   #32
BANNED

congratulations on your italian beauty.Its a superb product from fiat.Chrome stips falling off is tradition from fiat andhopefully all these small niggles would be sorted out in coming new year 2010.Pictures awaited.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 07:28   #33
BHPian

@vnagarajs: Were you able to solve the door beading issue? Is yes, could you please share how? Me too facing the same issue with the rear doors.
neutralgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 12:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralgrey View Post
@vnagarajs: Were you able to solve the door beading issue? Is yes, could you please share how? Me too facing the same issue with the rear doors.
I couldnt go to the service center yet. Planning to do today. Will update you once it is done.
Old 21st December 2009, 20:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnagarajs View Post
I couldnt go to the service center yet. Planning to do today. Will update you once it is done.
I went to concorde service center today. It was crowded than a parking lot of a big mall in chennai. Most of my niggles are fixed except the main two issues.

The boot lamp is always on even after boot is closed. Issue is with the boot lock, and as expected, they dont have the parts. I will have to wait till it comes.

There is some tuk tuk noice is from front right wheel. They suspect it could be because of the tyre issue. What they have planned to do is they will get all 4 wheels from some other linea, which has come for service and put it in my car and check. If the problem is solved they will replace my tyre under warranty. I am not still sure whether they will replace all the four tyres or the specific one. I have left my car there today and I have planned to go service center again tomorrow.

Dr. Aswin also put a word with them for me. Thanks for his help.

I checked my VIN no with them, whether my car is in their list for CSC replacement. fortunately it was not there.

The door beeding doesnt require any glue to fix it, they removed it and put it back; seems like it is in shape now. I couldnt reproduce the issue with the rear door lock. it was working fine in front of them.

I will update again once I get my car back tomorrow.

Thanks.
Nag
Old 21st December 2009, 22:40   #36
BHPian

Its comforting to know that TASS is active in fixing issues. But isnt it odd for them to test with another customers car's tyres? Is this how they operate usually.?

I will be visiting the Ambattur TASS this saturday. 1st service for my Punto. Also plan to do an under body anti rust coating if the weather improves.

Glad to know the beading issue is fixed. Hope they get rid of the noise too. Please keep us updated.
neutralgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The quality is same whether I do it at 3m dealer or concorde?
the quality is the same but the pricing is different. concorde charges rs.1700 each time and at 3M you can get it done for 1500 for the first time and for 1k subsequently

And it is the 3M guys from here who come to get it done at concorde, so better to do it at their own place than at concorde.

As regarding the tyre issue. One another from here ( i think Dr.amit) had a change of all 4 tyres way back as his tyres were found faulty.

it is better to chnage all 5 tyres as they will also come from the same lot and have a probability of causing trouble later.

Do tell them that all 5 tyres need to be changed when they can be replaced under warranty. meanwhile ill also put a word.

do tell my name to Sairaj there to see him sweat !!

if they do change all 5 tyres, be the first person to drive the car immediately to michelin dealer and trade the new tyres for primacy, as they will fetch you a better exchange rate. and the NVH will also come down

Last edited by geeash : 22nd December 2009 at 09:57.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

what happened? any updates on the tyre change?
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:21   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
what happened? any updates on the tyre change?
Goodyears people going to come tomorrow for inspecting the tyre. I will update you once it is done.

Thanks.
Nag
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:23   #40
BHPian

Just got the call from Mr.Siva kumar, CRM from concorde confirming the appointment with Goodyear people.

He keeps updating me with the status, a nice guy to coordinate with.

Whowever goes to concorde, ambattur can get in touch with him, if they have any issues with his subordinates.

Thanks.
Nag
Old 24th December 2009, 08:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

good to see concorde changing its dirty ways!!!. enjoy!!
Old 24th December 2009, 13:41   #42
BHPian

Somehow the noice was totally vanished todat and I couldnt reproduce the issue infront of the goodyear guy. He checked the tyre and he tells it is of no issue at all. I tried around 1/2 hour with different road and different speed. No sound at all.
Old 24th December 2009, 15:44   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Somehow the noice was totally vanished todat and I couldnt reproduce the issue infront of the goodyear guy. He checked the tyre and he tells it is of no issue at all. I tried around 1/2 hour with different road and different speed. No sound at all.
Nagaraj, the issue may not be with the tryes but with the suspensions. I had similar issue earlier for which they changed the suspension link rods, bushes etc

I remember even Sathya had a similar issue and Sairaj had effectively rectified it.

Refer my name to Sairaj/Siva Kumar. I may also speak to them if you are ok with it.

I was with the TASS 2 days back and saw your car which was handled by Senthil.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 15:51   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Nagaraj, the issue may not be with the tryes but with the suspensions. I had similar issue earlier for which they changed the suspension link rods, bushes etc

I remember even Sathya had a similar issue and Sairaj had effectively rectified it.

Refer my name to Sairaj/Siva Kumar. I may also speak to them if you are ok with it.

I was with the TASS 2 days back and saw your car which was handled by Senthil.
I will check with sivakumar again today. Please talk with them again for me, when you have some time.

I was actually at concorde two days back. May be missed to meet you. Btw, what is your car color?

Thanks.
Nag
Old 24th December 2009, 16:00   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I will check with sivakumar again today. Please talk with them again for me, when you have some time.

I was actually at concorde two days back. May be missed to meet you. Btw, what is your car color?

Thanks.
Nag

Nag,will speak to Sairaj and Vikram on your issue. I would suggest, let Sairaj (Sivakumar reports to Sairaj) personally hear the sound from the rear. Some Quality Analyst from FIAT is visiting TASS later this month/early next month to check my car. I will call you so that you could bring your car to TASS and show it to them.

My car colour is Vocal White with Team BHP sticker on top of the rear glasses.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote