Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th June 2010, 13:33   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Yup! I do stay close by to that place.
In that case we could bump into each other in a more planned way.
AslamHussain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 14:27   #62
BHPian

Aslam, i've got a "GOT BHP?" sticker on the left & right side of my Avenger. So in case, you see my bike, do signal me, we shall surely meet. Else, I know your Bolero pretty well, so i'll do it then
traveloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 12:32   #63
BHPian

Getting a snorkel done up for my Bolero now. Will post pics of WIP and the completed job at regular intervals.
Old 18th August 2010, 15:42   #64
BHPian

Aslam,
love what you are doing to your ride.
You mentioned spacers for the rear wheel to match the rear track with the front track. Was it custom made or ready made? Any difference in handling and ride comfort after putting the spacers? Sorry if my question sounds lame.
Neil Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 15:58   #65
BHPian

Hi Neil,

If you have looked at any Bolero closely you will notice that the tyre prudge of the front wheels in more than the read ones. When you add wider alloys this becomes more obvious. Hence I added read spacers to match his purge.
Old 18th August 2010, 16:20   #66
BHPian

Hi Aslam,
I got that. I too have a bolero SLX and mulling the thought of putting spacers for rear wheels. Just wanted to know if the change is purely cosmetic or if it enhances ride and handling. Also, if you fabricated the spacers yourself, or went for imported ones? Or if it isnt too much of wishful thinking, is there a readymade supplier for such spacers in India? Methinks that spacer width must be atleast 1 inch if not more.
Neil Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 21:18   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslamHussain View Post
Here are more pics with the grill modified and also the trailer modified to match the bolero.

I will write a complete review on the 'making' of the trailer very soon.
aslam that's one of the meanest looking bolero's I have seen till date. Those Konig wheels is another piece of hot cake to die for. Have seen a Black Scorp' in bangalore running with the same set of alloys.

BTW you mentioned you installed spacers(wheel), in that case did you have to do any form of modification on the hub or was it a straight fit to the hub. Also did you pick it up off the shelf from a store or was it custom made ?
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 12:20   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Hi Aslam,
I got that. I too have a bolero SLX and mulling the thought of putting spacers for rear wheels. Just wanted to know if the change is purely cosmetic or if it enhances ride and handling. Also, if you fabricated the spacers yourself, or went for imported ones? Or if it isnt too much of wishful thinking, is there a readymade supplier for such spacers in India? Methinks that spacer width must be atleast 1 inch if not more.
I am not sure if adding the spacers to the rear wheels would enhance the handling, the M&M guys must have definitely put a thought on why they wanted the front wheels to purge out a little. But yes it definitely enhances the cosmetic value of the Bolero once you add Alloys to it.

I had the spacers fabricated myself did not look for readmade ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
aslam that's one of the meanest looking bolero's I have seen till date. Those Konig wheels is another piece of hot cake to die for. Have seen a Black Scorp' in bangalore running with the same set of alloys.

BTW you mentioned you installed spacers(wheel), in that case did you have to do any form of modification on the hub or was it a straight fit to the hub. Also did you pick it up off the shelf from a store or was it custom made ?
Thanks for the appreciation, there were no modifications done to the hub only the wheel bolts that fit to the wheel drum were fitted with new longer ones to take the width of the spacer as well.
Old 23rd December 2011, 17:11   #69
BHPian

Default Re: Experience of buying a used Bolero. And modifications Phase 1

hello boss

that's a nice looking bolero you have.

you were talking about the snorkel. where are the pics?
wild child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 02:09   #70
BHPian

Default Re: Experience of buying a used Bolero. And modifications Phase 1

Great looking car you have there, Aslam!

Can you confirm the tire upsize? Stock: 215/75 R15, Your Upsize: 245/70 R16. That's an error of 6.5%! That's bigger than safe permissible upsize suggestions, right? How are the Pete's mods coming along?
Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote