Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th December 2009, 12:34   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The existing version needs a visit to dentist ASAP.
It already lives with one - didn't you know???
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:44   #92
BHPian

[quote=Red Liner;1637857]
Camel brown would be fantastic. A bit rusty, suede'ish. Not the dark mind you. The lighter version.
[quote=Red Liner;1637857]
will check in catalogue today. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Will respond to your PM on the ICE thingy. But am thinking you have a lot more money to spare :-)
Have me mixed with vraghuz? Give him the dope - I am feeding off him. sensex broke 3 day bull streak - and not looking very good right now - so notional wealth down. ICE spending appetite reduced.
adzegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:56   #93
BHPian

well i have read an incident where a majors scorpio was stuck in water and he had to keep the engine idling till help arrived as he was in pretty deep infact he was using the window to enter and exit the car. the car was submerged for about 4 hours (in some remote place in leh) but there wasnt a drop of water in the cabin which had left him mighty impressed and this story is about 4 years old cant remember the link or i would have posted it.
to mile cruncher / lucifier (am i right) the ac hi button just keeps the compressor cut in for a longer period.
mathur saab thanks for the explanation i would never have been able to phrase it so well although i was fully aware of it.
Off Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 13:06   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
to mile cruncher / lucifier (am i right) the ac hi button just keeps the compressor cut in for a longer period.
So you mean Ac Hi keeps the compressor on for a longer period compared to the Ac Lo. But isn't that supposed to be done by the thermostat.

Btw Who is Lucifer ?
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 13:11   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i have noticed that outside noise is really low in a scorpio's cabin as compared to the innova & safari. this COULD BE one of the reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Maybe compared to the innova or safari. But its horrible compared to the Fiat's. Insulation could have been a LOT better.
Which Fiat would this be?
Like Raj, I am also mighty impressed with the noise insulation on the Scorpio! Although here we are talking more about draught proofing than the noise proofing aspect. However, the two are related - noise will come in wherever air can.

@Rohan: I also remember reading that travelogue somewhere! Can't find it now!

Last edited by anupmathur : 17th December 2009 at 13:25.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 15:10   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Which Fiat would this be?
My erstwhile Fiat Petra Diesel. Get into a FIAT and you'll be blown away by the insulation. Trust me on this.
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 15:20   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@ All Scorp Owners: What is teh difference between Ac Lo and Hi switch?
As per the gyaan I could get from a couple of SAs and managers at SKS, the AC Hi Switch has a different setting for the thermostat which in turn ensures a higher rate of cooling due to colder air than the AC Low Switch being sent to the cabin.
Also, this results in more fuel consumption while using the AC Hi instead of AC Low. This point is advocated in the owner's manual as well.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 16:39   #98
BHPian

I spoke to Sireesh today for the Chrome make over . It seems its actually a double tape adhesive based solution .

This will be pasted on the existing setup and this change over costs 1200Rs . I was asking for the side indicators for the car . It seems it still not available for the new M Hawk.

Not sure why this is not available for the new M hawk in Bangalore ?
Ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 17:14   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Raj, you have white scorp and hopefully similar interiors as mine. W wants to put in leather seat covers to make it easier to handle the Kids' spills/drool and droppings. Have you got any pictures of your interiors or any particular scorp's interiors with leathers that you liked?

Stanley guy came with many options and not sure whether I am getting the colour right.

Dont want to do boring grey/biege/more garish butterscotch -so wondering what have others done with white. Didnt see many interiors on the Scorp SUV thread.
i am sorry bro, i am not the right guy to ask about leather covers. i dont have leather interiors in my scorpio as i feel they are not practical for our climate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@ All Scorp Owners: What is teh difference between Ac Lo and Hi switch?
as everyone said, the compressor setting is different. cooling is noticeably more in AC hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
well i have read an incident where a majors scorpio was stuck in water and he had to keep the engine idling till help arrived as he was in pretty deep infact he was using the window to enter and exit the car. the car was submerged for about 4 hours (in some remote place in leh) but there wasnt a drop of water in the cabin which had left him mighty impressed and this story is about 4 years old cant remember the link or i would have posted it.
on 26th july, when mumbai was flooded, i was returning home from pune on my non-CRDe scorpio. half of the scorpio's door was submerged in water but suprisingly, the interiors were dry.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 17:16   #100
BHPian

Ranga
when you say side indicators - you mean the chrome over ORVMs? If that is what you meant - Raghu's got the same - so should be available in Bangalore.

Cheers
R
Old 17th December 2009, 17:21   #101
Senior - BHPian

i think ranga means the LED side indicators which can be stuck on to the external RVMs.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 17:37   #102
BHPian

Oh ho - such a painful subject that I tend to not look at that.

I checked with the dealer accessory shop - they say it is supplied with the chrome kit from Mahindra.
Old 17th December 2009, 17:42   #103
BHPian

Default Musings for second life

Roamed & searched around in second life and did not find a scorp in it. Add to the list of things to do when I take off from work early next year. Earn some L$ giving people virtual rides on the Ute,

So many code monkeys from Bangalore on the forum and no one done this yet?
Old 18th December 2009, 11:58   #104
BHPian

continuing frustration with Registration.

Today went ballistic on Mahindra and AML motors. So found that the RTO approval will only come after another week (very unlikely given the holiday season). AML Motors promised to send another "valid" T/C.

Also made the discovery that there exists no record of the chassis on Mahindra Portal for extended warranty processing - cornered AML with this - now the alpha sales head is involved - promised to get this done by next week.

Chided him on Insurance problems. Promised to get that resolved also in 2-3 working days.

Next 4WD customer in AP/Hyd - Give me some credit for easing your way in.
Old 18th December 2009, 18:22   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
continuing frustration with Registration.

Promised to get that resolved also in 2-3 working days.

Next 4WD customer in AP/Hyd - Give me some credit for easing your way in.
Congrats on your 4WD mHawk. Excellent narrative, made for interesting reading.

Sorry about the problems u r facing. It is common for any new model. And the ongoing agitations (for & against Telangana) has become a big excuse for all Govt offices to stop working. Hope all issues get resolved soon.

Cheers.
H3LIOS is offline   Reply With Quote