Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th December 2009, 11:50   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
congratulations!! on your white beauty, could you post some interior pics, have they made any changes in there? since i have the earlier non-vvti zxi and wanted to compare the two.
Drive safe.

Will do, and thank you.
vivprasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 11:57   #17
BHPian

Congrats Dude..on your new ride..

190mm ground clearance..even a SUV cant beat this
deepanonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 12:07   #18
BHPian

Congrats!! I too thought very seriously about the White but ended up booking the Silver one in the end...
mrwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 14:42   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Doesnt the Zxi get alloy wheels?
I feel the highest end model should have alloys atleast, is this the influence of the city?
It indeed has the alloys, its a 10 spoke alloy wheels. But somehow even I got the feeling that it looks like a wheel cap from far
nkrishnap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 21:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

congrats viv - be sure to put up more & better pics of interior and exterior.
You got yourself a muscle car there, if one exists in India
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 23:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
congrats viv - be sure to put up more & better pics of interior and exterior.
You got yourself a muscle car there, if one exists in India
Thank you. Yes, the picture quality is not very good. These were taken with my cell phone camera that has its limitations, naturally. Will try to get better pictures and post.
Old 17th December 2009, 01:13   #22
BHPian

Default Welcome To Club Sx4

Hi Viv, congrats on your new buy and im sure you'll enjoy driving it every meter.

Some points though:
1. get a reverse sensor soon as the car is a pain to reverse. preferably with a camera or with front and rear sensors.

2. do not exceed 1.5 to 2 k rpm and you'll get good FE. Im getting 14 in city consistently. (in pune traffic)

3. get good seat covers (dont think about money) as they really improve the look pf the car as well as upkeep and comfort .

4. if possible, get your car washed at service centres only, or at a good car washer. follow it up with waxing.

5. Ive had bad experiences with bikers hitting my driver ORVM twice. both the times the mirror flew out of the casing. it comes straight at the passenger's face. try and stay away from inner side of the road.

6. other stuff such as GPS, front armrest (centre), change of headlights, etc is upto you.

Enjoy your ride.
SX4LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 07:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Hi Viv, congrats on your new buy and im sure you'll enjoy driving it every meter.

Some points though:
1. get a reverse sensor soon as the car is a pain to reverse. preferably with a camera or with front and rear sensors.

2. do not exceed 1.5 to 2 k rpm and you'll get good FE. Im getting 14 in city consistently. (in pune traffic)

3. get good seat covers (dont think about money) as they really improve the look pf the car as well as upkeep and comfort .

4. if possible, get your car washed at service centres only, or at a good car washer. follow it up with waxing.

5. Ive had bad experiences with bikers hitting my driver ORVM twice. both the times the mirror flew out of the casing. it comes straight at the passenger's face. try and stay away from inner side of the road.

6. other stuff such as GPS, front armrest (centre), change of headlights, etc is upto you.

Enjoy your ride.
Thank you for sound advice. The parking sensors and the seat covers are on my list of accessories. I'll post the pictures when I have them done, though parking sensors may take a little longer. I have been able to locate the Xenos company office in LKO and shall visit them shortly.

@jls: I am only thinking of these two accessories at present. Nothing more for the time being
Old 17th December 2009, 10:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

very nice!
do get a set of reversing sensors plugged on -they are of immense help!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 20:00   #25
BHPian

Congrats. The car sure looks good. Do you know if the spare wheel too is an alloy? Others in similar range like Linea and Fiesta give regular ones (not alloys) as the spare wheel, while my Ritz ZXi has all 5 alloys .
shreeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 20:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Congrats. The car sure looks good. Do you know if the spare wheel too is an alloy? Others in similar range like Linea and Fiesta give regular ones (not alloys) as the spare wheel, while my Ritz ZXi has all 5 alloys .
I should say that is one of the many instances where SX4 doent short-change you like others do. THE SPARE WHEEL IS ALSO AN ALLOY.

CONGRATS VIV on a great buy. Theres nothing to stop you on the road after this - zip past the highest speed breakers and deepest potholes
INDIAN_VAGABOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 20:25   #27
BHPian

Hey Prasad, Congratulations on your WHITE MAN

You said you touched 100km/h, so aren't you maintaining the "certain" RPM limit until the the engine brakes in ?
Neil.Bhujbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 23:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Hey Prasad, Congratulations on your WHITE MAN

You said you touched 100km/h, so aren't you maintaining the "certain" RPM limit until the the engine brakes in ?

I did Neil, but the climb to 100 kmph was gradual and I did it just once to get the feel of the vehicle. On all other occasions, I have taken care that I do not exceed 2K rpm.
Old 19th December 2009, 13:13   #29
BHPian

Does the SX4 come with BACK-LIT Steering Mounted Audio Controls now ??
INDIAN_VAGABOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 14:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND View Post
Does the SX4 come with BACK-LIT Steering Mounted Audio Controls now ??
Yes, it does, and its very convenient now, even at night.