Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th December 2009, 15:13   #31
BANNED

vivprasad, congratulations on your sx4, men are back again.Awesome GC added with VVT engine.Enjoy your ride and add some more pictures as well.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 15:24   #32
BHPian

Hi Viv. Congrats on your SX4. I test drove the VVT manual today and was very impressed with the improvements over the older version. Have a great experience
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 15:31   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
vivprasad, congratulations on your sx4, men are back again.Awesome GC added with VVT engine.Enjoy your ride and add some more pictures as well.
Thanks Vijay, I have not added any interior pictures yet, as I am looking for seat covers. Maybe by the end of next week, I should have them fitted, and would then post those pictures.

@ all: Its such a lovely drive, the SX4. I forgot to mention it earlier, but I was feeling a little sort of "bumpy" in the beginning, and so got the tyre pressures rechecked. I had assumed that the dealer would have the right pressure before delivery, but obviously he had not. The front tyres were something like 47 and 42, while one rear was 17 and the other 10. Would you believe it. They all set to 33, and the ride became so much better, as well as the steering.
vivprasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 16:29   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivprasad View Post
@ all: Its such a lovely drive, the SX4. I forgot to mention it earlier, but I was feeling a little sort of "bumpy" in the beginning, and so got the tyre pressures rechecked. I had assumed that the dealer would have the right pressure before delivery, but obviously he had not. The front tyres were something like 47 and 42, while one rear was 17 and the other 10. Would you believe it. They all set to 33, and the ride became so much better, as well as the steering.
yes usually all dealers would keep air pressures on higher side and its always recommended to check tyre pressures once you get the delivery of your car.Awaiting to hear more from your side once you are done with some running.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 16:48   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
yes usually all dealers would keep air pressures on higher side and its always recommended to check tyre pressures once you get the delivery of your car.Awaiting to hear more from your side once you are done with some running.
Good point! Got mine today but haven't done this yet, should do it asap I guess...
mrwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 18:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
Good point! Got mine today but haven't done this yet, should do it asap I guess...
Hi Walker, congratulations. Saw your post regarding acquisition on your thread. Great.

I too have felt a little vibration on the clutch, but I have also felt it while the car is stationary so I guess it must be normal. In so far as the horn is concerned, I do not find it difficult to operate. The right hand anyway has no obstruction. Where I did goof up, though just about twice, was that while turning the steering the "mute" button got pressed and the speakers went silent. The position of that button is at the top of the bunch.

Did you try the USB for music? I tried connecting my Creative Zen Neon 2 to the USB, and it played back very well, but the problem is that there doesn't seem to be an interface. The Neon 2 interface does not work as it just shows a screen saying "transferring data" and the ICE display does not show the tracks etc. So, I do not know how to really select a track from the very many that are there. If you can get to that, let me know.

Congratulations again.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:34   #37
BHPian

Default More Pics

Uploading some more pictures of my SX4
Attached Thumbnails
The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image204.jpg  

The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image205.jpg  

The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image207.jpg  

The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image208.jpg  

The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image209.jpg  

The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image210.jpg  

The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image212.jpg  

The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image214.jpg  

The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image215.jpg  

The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image217.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2009, 16:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

Vivprasad,
Congratulations on your new ride and welcome to the SX4 club. This mean machine just got better. Please do use the car for sometime before you decisde to go in for parking sensors. After sometime you may not feel the need.

If you do not mind spending some money, go in for Stanley leather upholstery . It is really easy to maintain and well worth the money.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 00:41   #39
BHPian

Vivprasad,

Congrats on your new SX4. It truly looks magnificent in white. Since its' been a few days since you acquired it, would you comment on the FE please? Did you get a chance to evaluate the middle seat comfort over a longish drive?
Fornax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 15:23   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Vivprasad,

Congrats on your new SX4. It truly looks magnificent in white. Since its' been a few days since you acquired it, would you comment on the FE please? Did you get a chance to evaluate the middle seat comfort over a longish drive?
Thanks Fornax. Saw from your post in Walker's thread that you are expecting your own SX4 in about a fortnight. Great choice.

I have not really calculated the FE so far. Have done only about 300 kms so far, but as a rough estimate I would say 10.5. But this is something I would look at only after first service. The rear middle seat seems to be ok in city runs that are short. I have not yet gone on a long run.
Old 31st December 2009, 19:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivprasad View Post

Did you try the USB for music? I tried connecting my Creative Zen Neon 2 to the USB, and it played back very well, but the problem is that there doesn't seem to be an interface. The Neon 2 interface does not work as it just shows a screen saying "transferring data" and the ICE display does not show the tracks etc. So, I do not know how to really select a track from the very many that are there. If you can get to that, let me know.
Did a bit of RTFM and I think the answers to your questions are in the manual. I think the Creative one will be treated as just a USB storage device. Have a look at the pages from the music system manual on this link (My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report) and see if this helps...

Apologies in advance if you have already read them!
mrwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 12:45   #42
BHPian

Default ACC comfort

Its been a nice cold week, the night temperature touching 3.8C, the day temp hovering around 12-15C, morning fog. And it was so comfortable with the ACC set at 24C. The car interiors were nice and warm, the fan did not work at high speed and so there was no real noise, warm air flowed in through the openings gently, the air vent automatically was in the open position so it was fresh, and the windscreen stayed without frost.

For the rear glass of course, the defogger had to be switched on.

I am also getting used to USB stuff. Making a track selection out of the hundreds that you can have even on a 1 GB drive remains a grey area, but as I said, I am getting used to it.

Have completed 3 weeks, and have no complaints. The engine stalled twice in the 2nd gear over this period, but that was when I had to suddenly brake/slow and then wanted to pick up the car without changing from the 2nd gear. Other than that, no issues.

Have not checked the FE yet, will do so only after the first service.
Old 16th January 2010, 12:30   #43
BHPian

Completed one month on the 14th, and 492 kms. The first service gets naturally due. My problem is that the car tuning takes into consideration the air. As mentioned in my previous post, its very cold here. Cold, and foggy, and humid due to that. The air is heavily laden with moisture, and if the car gets tuned according to the present weather, I may not have the best tuned car, in lets say just a fortnight from now, when the sun is shining bright, and the air, though cool, is dry. It will be the dry air which would be prevalent till the advent of the monsoons.

Have not talked to the dealer yet about it, and I do not know how far they will shift the first service date if I ask for it.
Old 16th January 2010, 20:37   #44
BHPian

Does the moisture play a big role? Just curious, I live in 365 days moisture rich city - Mumbai. But when I travel to the interiors, do I need to worry about anything?

15 days should be fine, especially for the first service.
Fornax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 23:18   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Does the moisture play a big role? Just curious, I live in 365 days moisture rich city - Mumbai. But when I travel to the interiors, do I need to worry about anything?

15 days should be fine, especially for the first service.
Your car is tuned to the moisture rich condition that persists 365 days. Thats ok. The problem comes up because the air-petrol mix adjustment is different for dry air and for moist air. And in the central Indian plains, this difference is very pronounced. Hence my concern. We always have this problem that if the car is tuned during the monsoons, it needs to be redone once the rains are over.

Talked to the dealer. He says one week to ten days postponement is acceptable.