Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th December 2009, 00:54   #1
BHPian

Default The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home

Late yesterday evening, I drove my new pearl arctic white SX4 VVT ZXi MT home. It was the culmination of a thought that came sometime around June this year, and the thought due to which I am on Team-BHP. I was looking for a good petrol sedan in the 8-9 lac range, and spent a whole lot of time looking at reviews on the net till a google search introduced me to Team-BHP. After really going through innumerable posts, I decided on the SX4 ZXi. I forget the date but this was around middle or end of August, and just as I wanted to book the car, its production was discontinued.

In the meantime I followed the thread on the what the possible changes could be in the SX4 when it was relaunched, and I was so terribly impressed by it that I decided to join Team-BHP. My registration was approved within ten days and wrote my first post, which can be found at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...-team-bhp.html (From Hindustan 14 to Team-BHP)

On October 26 I think, the SX4 was officially relaunched, and I took a TD for the VVT ZXi manual transmission. The report can be accessed at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1566371-post141.html (New SX4 VVT brochure).

Having decided on the machine, I booked it and the post is available at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...thread-18.html.

I am not repeating what is already there in the above posts.

Finally, the car was delivered yesterday. The entire morning and better part of the afternoon was spent at the Bank to get the required loan demand draft, and then to the dealer. What a lot of paperwork, and what a wait. And then it was over in a jiffy. There was this flurry of activity, the GM came out with the incharge of Customer Care, a photographer appeared from nowhere, and took pictures of the GM handing over to me the keys, a box of sweets and a bouquet. I was the owner of the SX4. Quietly I sat behind the wheel and drove over to pick up my family and drive to the temple. By the time we reached home, it was after 20:00 hrs.

The cost of the vehicle (SX4 VVT BSIV ZXi MT) was as follows:

+ 7,60,052 cost with 3 year extended warranty
+ 21,435 insurance
+ 49,837 registration/RTO fee
- 27,834 discount
- 3,500 corporate discount
- 20,000 exchange/loyalty for old 1987 Maruti 800

Paid 7,79,990, well say 7.8 lac OTR, which for the features here is I think very good VFM.

I did not opt for teflon for two reasons, one that the opinion is highly divided within Team-BHP over the relevance of a teflon treatment, and also because the dealer said that it has to be repeated every 6 months which for me was too cumbersome.

I did however get the anti-rust treatment done. Have not yet made the payment for it, but will do so after negotiating a bit.

Today, we took it out for a real drive. I did some 25 odd kilometres within the city and what a pleasure. I touched a 100 and it just did not feel like it. Being a new vehicle, I did not want to rev it up too far, nor rapidly. And believe, the engine sound was not at as loud as a lot of posts make it out to be. Could be because of the VVT engine. The clutch was very well adjusted, and the car was so easy to control. The EPS, again an area where the older non-VVT version has drawn some flak, was no problem at all. The steering was highly responsive. The suspension did appear a little hard, but I guess with time it would soften up a little. The gears too were fluid. Rear view certainly seemed restricted since I was used to the expansive rear views of Maruti 800, the i10 and the Premier, but I will get used to it quickly.

Its winters here and I set the ACC to 25 C, and the car became so comfortable. The fan speed adjusts according to the settings, and was not loud. It would certainly be louder in peak summers when Lucknow touches 45 C, but we'll see that then. The stereo is on the upper side.

White looks so beautiful, especially with the black B-pillars, that become so prominent on the white car. And the tall build is so majestic. I am happy to have acquired the SX4.

Gods grace. Always.
vivprasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 01:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation! A very wise buy I must say! I remembered I paid only 7.5 lacs OTR in Delhi for the new SX4 white zxi in 2007.. and it was my first car and bought with my hard earned cash... best car for highways and trips.. I do miss it now at times especially when negotiating on bad roads.. the SX4 flies over it, whereas I have to slow down in my Civic.. take good care of it and you will rip the benefit for times to come!
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 01:55   #3
BHPian

Congratulations Viv. I think yours is first or second VVT SX4 in the forum.

Please do post pictures and write in initial driving experience.
Ram_NP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 10:04   #4
BHPian

Congratz on the buy, The MAN is Back!!
also, Dude where's the pics?
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 10:33   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate!

SX4 looks good in white. The VVT should have better low end grunt. do keep us posted once the engine is run in.

Please post the pics by the way. Thanks.
nkrishnap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 10:34   #6
JLS
BHPian

Congratulations!

Please post some pics.

Are you going for any accessories?

Regards,
JLS
JLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 10:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations
the car looks very impressive. Hope Maruti becomes successful with new SX4 and builds volumes.

7.8L is indeed a great price for such a fully loaded car.
coupled with the Maruti Suzuki Post Sales Servcie network and lower cost of ownership (service/spares), this is an very attractive positioning.

hope it will challenge Verna, Fiesta, Linea, City and takes the volumes.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 10:49   #8
BHPian

No pics, no looking back on this thread!

Pics please..
akash_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 10:54   #9
BHPian

Sorry about not posting any pictures friends. It was well past midnight when I finished writing the post. The pictures will be uploaded today.

And thanks for all the congratulations. It feels great, sharing the joy I mean.
Old 16th December 2009, 11:09   #10
BHPian

Default Pictures

Here are some pictures to start with. I shall post some more later. Many thanks again for your interest and response.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image167.jpg  

The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image168.jpg  

The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image192.jpg  

The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image193.jpg  

The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image197.jpg  

The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home-image171.jpg  

Old 16th December 2009, 11:18   #11
BHPian

Doesnt the Zxi get alloy wheels?
I feel the highest end model should have alloys atleast, is this the influence of the city?
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 11:25   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Doesnt the Zxi get alloy wheels?
I feel the highest end model should have alloys atleast, is this the influence of the city?
It has alloys, ten spoke, replacing the old five spoke alloys.
Old 16th December 2009, 11:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride! She is a beauty. I'm sure she will serve your without hassles for miles to come. Just love that honeycomb grille. Its sort of becoming a trademark from Maruti now.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 11:43   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mate, love the new alloys...they make the car look more grown up, IMHO.
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 11:43   #15
BHPian

congratulations!! on your white beauty, could you post some interior pics, have they made any changes in there? since i have the earlier non-vvti zxi and wanted to compare the two.
Drive safe.
TRANSAM is offline   Reply With Quote