Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th March 2010, 18:51   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunkb View Post
Cool gadget.

Few questions.

1) Will Scanguage work on Swift D?

2) What is the logic(formula) behind the BHP calculation?
Hi,

1) Not sure about the compatibility of SGII with Swift D, may be I can check and update.

2) Attached is the list of Vehicle Specific gauges can be created using X-gauge function.
gaddiwale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 21:09   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Hi,

1) Not sure about the compatibility of SGII with Swift D, may be I can check and update.

2) Attached is the list of Vehicle Specific gauges can be created using X-gauge function.
Oops! Missed the attachement. Here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XGAUGE.pdf (57.0 KB, 407 views)
Old 4th April 2010, 16:38   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gaddiwale
Im planing to take my Ritz VDI for its 1st servicing next week, so wanted to get approx cost of the servicing , so if you could share how much did you pay for the servicing.
And also wanted to know something about the digital fuel meter, if the meter shows 2 bars , how much approx ltrs of fuel will be still left in tank ? If you could give some pointers on these, that will be a grt help.
And also came to know from fellow bhpian Supercool that once the last fuel bar starts blinking , it indicates immediate refueling, so wanted to know how much fuel will be still left in the tank when the same starts blinking .(Asked the same to Supercool also, but wanted to take multiple opionion so asking you also)

Thanks .
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 18:58   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Hi Gaddiwale
Im planing to take my Ritz VDI for its 1st servicing next week, so wanted to get approx cost of the servicing , so if you could share how much did you pay for the servicing.
And also wanted to know something about the digital fuel meter, if the meter shows 2 bars , how much approx ltrs of fuel will be still left in tank ? If you could give some pointers on these, that will be a grt help.
And also came to know from fellow bhpian Supercool that once the last fuel bar starts blinking , it indicates immediate refueling, so wanted to know how much fuel will be still left in the tank when the same starts blinking .(Asked the same to Supercool also, but wanted to take multiple opionion so asking you also)

Thanks .
Hi Schoudhury,
Cost break up of 1st servicing of Ritz Vdi -
1. Screen wash (50 ml sachet) - Rs. 11.84
2. Engine Oil (2.9 lit; Rs. 215/lit) - Rs. 623.00
VAT @ 12.5% - Rs. 79.42

TOTAL - Rs. 714.76

Regarding your second query - I don't have much idea as I never keep fuel level so low any time. Only during delivery Maruti filled up the tank with 5 lit diesel and that time I saw the only one bar was blinking. May be supercool can able to answer it correctly. Once I caliberate my ScanGauge II correctly, will be able to tell you exactly about each bar.
gaddiwale is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 22:39   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Schoudhury,
Cost break up of 1st servicing of Ritz Vdi -
1. Screen wash (50 ml sachet) - Rs. 11.84
2. Engine Oil (2.9 lit; Rs. 215/lit) - Rs. 623.00
VAT @ 12.5% - Rs. 79.42

TOTAL - Rs. 714.76

Regarding your second query - I don't have much idea as I never keep fuel level so low any time. Only during delivery Maruti filled up the tank with 5 lit diesel and that time I saw the only one bar was blinking. May be supercool can able to answer it correctly. Once I caliberate my ScanGauge II correctly, will be able to tell you exactly about each bar.
Thanks mate, for the complete breakup.
Yup i also don't like to keep the fuel level low but wanted to know just in case.
Yup if possible get the scanguage stuff going and let us know about the each bar of the fuel indicator, i guess that will help all the Ritz owners.

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 4th April 2010 at 22:44.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:15   #51
knp
BHPian

I am using ScanGuage II in my i10 and it's always showing me the AFE as around 5 o4 6. I believe that it's not the correct value. Even in the trip details, it's showing the wrong distance traveled.
I went through the manual and could not find any other calibration for this.

Really appreciate your thoughts/suggestions on this.
knp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 20:01   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
I am using ScanGuage II in my i10 and it's always showing me the AFE as around 5 o4 6. I believe that it's not the correct value. Even in the trip details, it's showing the wrong distance traveled.
I went through the manual and could not find any other calibration for this.

Really appreciate your thoughts/suggestions on this.
You have to first feed the informations like - fuel type, engine size, fuel tank capacity, Unit (like - lit/gallon) etc as mentioned in the manual and then caliberate the system during fuel fill up as mentioned in the attached Quick Start Guide.
All the best.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SGII_QuickStart_1a_Pages.pdf (1.98 MB, 322 views)

Last edited by gaddiwale : 6th April 2010 at 20:02.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:01   #53
knp
BHPian

@gaddiwale, I have done and then, even did the fuel calibration. but, it still showing unreliable info. I will dig further into the manual.
knp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 17:51   #54
Senior - BHPian

Gaddiwale
Im getting the servicing done tomorrow, so wanted to know if there some particular brand of Engine Oil that i should be asking them to fill or the one given by them is fine .

Thanks in Advance.
Cheers
Old 8th April 2010, 18:06   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Gaddiwale
Im getting the servicing done tomorrow, so wanted to know if there some particular brand of Engine Oil that i should be asking them to fill or the one given by them is fine .

Thanks in Advance.
Cheers
Hi, in Mumbai MASS use Mobile engine oil and I use the same.
All the best.
Old 8th April 2010, 20:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, in Mumbai MASS use Mobile engine oil and I use the same.
All the best.
Ok kool, lets c what they use here @ blore.
And while coming back from office today go the first taste of bumper to bumper traffic, got the first scratch on my baby,a scratch on the bumper .
A sumo hit from the behind while the traffic was crawling,and its number plate created the mark.
Lets see if the MASS guys can do something about it tomorrow,its not that big or visible but still lets see and also will try to put the bumper beading to prevent further these kind of scratches. If the bumper bead would have been there im sure it wouldn't have happened.
Anyways i guess its bound to help to every one sooner or later.

Cheers
Old 8th April 2010, 23:19   #57
BHPian

Quote:
And while coming back from office today go the first taste of bumper to bumper traffic, got the first scratch on my baby,a scratch on the bumper .Cheers
Oh man! That's enough to off the mood. Ask your SA at MASS to do some touch up work.
Old 9th April 2010, 10:19   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh man! That's enough to off the mood. Ask your SA at MASS to do some touch up work.
Yup, i asked them to do it and they said they will have to paint the whole bumper and will cost around 1.5 k for the same .
I told them not to do it this time, will get it done sometime later .
Not sure why for 1 inch scratch they have to paint the whole bumper.

Anyways will have to live with it .

Last edited by Schoudhury : 9th April 2010 at 10:21.
Old 10th April 2010, 20:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hi

The scratches in the bumpers are quite common in Cities. It might get in the front or in the back bumpers. If we want to paint, every time we have to paint and waste the time and money. I leave it like that and do it once in a year.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 22:21   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Hi Gaddiwale

Did you have the chance to check SGII compatibility with the swift D? I have a Swift ABS model and want to get a scanguage but not sure if it will work
mtnrajdeep is online now   Reply With Quote