Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2011, 11:30   #91
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 209 Times
Default Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
Any data points on the Ritz's mileage in these conditions?

Also, have you ever felt the boot was not large enough? Particularly for long trips?
Hi,

I had started using the Excel spreadsheet created by this thread owner for my Ritz Vdi that I bought last year. It has been a year now, and the least mileage I have got till date is 11.2 when I had filled up from a bunk on Pune - Blore highway (near Paud Road).

My driving style is extremely harsh (quick accelerations and sudden braking), so I have noticed that on a non-divider road and ghat roads, my FE drops down to 11-12kmpl as I drive on very high RPM's and always above 2200 mark, to be in the turbo range to continously devour high speeds.

The best FE I have got till date has been in the city (not on highway drives), the figure is a measly 16.4 kmpl.

On my daily Mumbai traffic 45km return drive to Office, my average FE is 14.3 kmpl with full AC.


Yes I have felt that the boot space is not effective for more then 2 people's luggage on a long trip. I have a speaker board in the back, so for more luggage I usually drop the back seat down. Having said that, IMO the boot is smaller only to Jazz, i20, Indica Vista and Figo.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 11:55   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

In bangalore traffic the worst that i have got is around 13+ , now this is w/o A/C so i guess with A/c it will be around 12+.

Now here i mean really bad traffic, where normal travel time is 15 mins , due to traffic it takes an hour + .

So if you have decent traffic then i guess you will surely get more then 15 kmpl.

Hope it helps .
Schoudhury is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 19:41   #93
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

FE of the DDiS depends on the driving style.

Mine is a brand new one, done about 1500km.
First tank full got about 17.6Km/litre
2nd tank full got 18.2 Km/litre.

60% medium city traffic and 40% bumper to Bumper traffic, with about 40% Ac usage.

I upshift gears at exactly 2200RPM and downshift at 1100 or 1200 RPM.

Cheers

Last edited by Crazy4.Cars : 11th September 2011 at 19:43.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 20:14   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,336
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post

I think in DDiS engine its better to check and top up the engine oil at every 5000 km (if required). Yes, oil level is coming down gradually (expected in a diesel car) but checked up to 9000 km, you can find oil in the tip of the dip stick its not getting completely dry. But not got any satisfying answer from Maruti.
Regarding the oil level coming down, I find my oil level going down by 1/3 to 1/2 (between max and min) in 2500 kms if i do short commutes but no significant drop if i do long distances. e.g. after my 20k service oil was full. Thereafter only short commutes till 22.5 when I found oil at 1/3 so, I had to top up with 125 ml. After this I did a long distance of 2200 km and then checked the level, it had not dropped.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 22:34   #95
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 388
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

Hi,

I'm getting an avaearge FE of 19.46kmpl, this includes 30% highway and 70% city run.

For benefit of everybody attached here my excel sheet.



Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
Hi, I was just wondering what was the worst mileage you got from a tank (fill-up to fill-up method) or for a trip (Scangauge)?

I know you are in Navi Mumbai where the traffic is less, in Mumbai, I have frequently faced bumper to bumper for upto 2 hours at a time. Any data points on the Ritz's mileage in these conditions?

Also, have you ever felt the boot was not large enough? Particularly for long trips?

Thanks a lot for any info you can provide on the above queries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Hi,

I had started using the Excel spreadsheet created by this thread owner for my Ritz Vdi that I bought last year. It has been a year now, and the least mileage I have got till date is 11.2 when I had filled up from a bunk on Pune - Blore highway (near Paud Road).

My driving style is extremely harsh (quick accelerations and sudden braking), so I have noticed that on a non-divider road and ghat roads, my FE drops down to 11-12kmpl as I drive on very high RPM's and always above 2200 mark, to be in the turbo range to continously devour high speeds.

The best FE I have got till date has been in the city (not on highway drives), the figure is a measly 16.4 kmpl.

On my daily Mumbai traffic 45km return drive to Office, my average FE is 14.3 kmpl with full AC.


Yes I have felt that the boot space is not effective for more then 2 people's luggage on a long trip. I have a speaker board in the back, so for more luggage I usually drop the back seat down. Having said that, IMO the boot is smaller only to Jazz, i20, Indica Vista and Figo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
In bangalore traffic the worst that i have got is around 13+ , now this is w/o A/C so i guess with A/c it will be around 12+.

Now here i mean really bad traffic, where normal travel time is 15 mins , due to traffic it takes an hour + .

So if you have decent traffic then i guess you will surely get more then 15 kmpl.

Hope it helps .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
FE of the DDiS depends on the driving style.

Mine is a brand new one, done about 1500km.
First tank full got about 17.6Km/litre
2nd tank full got 18.2 Km/litre.

60% medium city traffic and 40% bumper to Bumper traffic, with about 40% Ac usage.

I upshift gears at exactly 2200RPM and downshift at 1100 or 1200 RPM.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: xls Ritz Maintenance History.xls (86.5 KB, 332 views)
gaddiwale is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 09:13   #96
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 209 Times
Default Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

Attached is the sheet that I use. I have never got anything beyond 16.5 (100% AC driving), and looking at yours I can see almost everytime you have managed above 18 atleast.

What am I doing so wrong ??
Attached Files
File Type: xls Ritz Mileage.xls (56.5 KB, 287 views)
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 09:59   #97
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 960
Thanked: 202 Times
Default Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Attached is the sheet that I use. I have never got anything beyond 16.5 (100% AC driving), and looking at yours I can see almost everytime you have managed above 18 atleast.

What am I doing so wrong ??
What formula do you use to calculate mileage? I see that you almost never do full tank. Any other formula is bound to have errors.

Here is my excel sheet for the same. My car is Ritz ZXi. See the max mileage I have got from my baby, its whopping 21.65 KMPL for a petrol car.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Ritz ZXi.xlsx (32.5 KB, 274 views)
Gandhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 10:56   #98
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 209 Times
Default Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
What formula do you use to calculate mileage? I see that you almost never do full tank. Any other formula is bound to have errors.
Well I beg to differ on this one, I have never found the tank full method accurate especially in cars (bikes are a different story).

I use the same method that I have been using since my first bike, (Reserve to Reserve) - this way I can calculate the mileage for each run irrespective of how much fuel I have filled in and what rate and which pump I have filled it from.

Logic: When the vehicle comes in reserve, trip your meter to Zero - and calculate the km's that you travel till it hits reserve again. Divide that kms by the fuel you have filled up based on the rate you have filled up at.

As cars do not have a reserve, I use the Digital blinker on the Ritz dashboard. When the last bar starts blinking - I reset the trip meter to Zero. I have always found this to be the most accurate method (apart from the recent digital mileage display that comes in new cars), as it takes in the exact amount of fuel that goes in and the rate. Morever, since I fill in fixed amount of fuel everytime, I know how much kms I have left approx before the next fill (instead of manual calculations in my head during full tanks).

I am sure there will be a lot of different views on this, but the above method works best for me.

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 12th September 2011 at 11:00.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 12:53   #99
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Well I beg to differ on this one, I have never found the tank full method accurate especially in cars (bikes are a different story).

I use the same method that I have been using since my first bike, (Reserve to Reserve) - this way I can calculate the mileage for each run irrespective of how much fuel I have filled in and what rate and which pump I have filled it from.

Logic: When the vehicle comes in reserve, trip your meter to Zero - and calculate the km's that you travel till it hits reserve again. Divide that kms by the fuel you have filled up based on the rate you have filled up at.

As cars do not have a reserve, I use the Digital blinker on the Ritz dashboard. When the last bar starts blinking - I reset the trip meter to Zero. I have always found this to be the most accurate method (apart from the recent digital mileage display that comes in new cars), as it takes in the exact amount of fuel that goes in and the rate. Morever, since I fill in fixed amount of fuel everytime, I know how much kms I have left approx before the next fill (instead of manual calculations in my head during full tanks).

I am sure there will be a lot of different views on this, but the above method works best for me.
Agree with you.

Could you please tell me, when does the blinker on the fuel guage get activated? how many litres of fuel is left in the tank when the blinker gets activated.

Agree with you on the point that once the blinker is activated, if you trip your meter to zero and fill fuel for 1500, and calculate the distance till the blinker gets activated again, the calculation will be accurate like a bike.

Full to Full tank is also a good method.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 13:05   #100
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 209 Times
Default Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Could you please tell me, when does the blinker on the fuel guage get activated? how many litres of fuel is left in the tank when the blinker gets activated.
It is approximately 7 ltrs (based on an experience when I ran out of fuel ) , I tried to ask MASS a number of times on this query - but could never get a proper answer.

The surprising part is, every car I have driven or owned before has had a "RED Blinker" that comes on your dash when your fuel is extremely low (My Swift & Spark both had one). But Ritz VDi does not, and thats why the mishap which happened around Feb 2011 where I ran out of fuel completely, and being a diesel DDis engine - I had to go through a long procedure to remove the air sucked in the engine and get the car back on the road.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 20:57   #101
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
It is approximately 7 ltrs (based on an experience when I ran out of fuel ) , I tried to ask MASS a number of times on this query - but could never get a proper answer.

The surprising part is, every car I have driven or owned before has had a "RED Blinker" that comes on your dash when your fuel is extremely low (My Swift & Spark both had one). But Ritz VDi does not, and thats why the mishap which happened around Feb 2011 where I ran out of fuel completely, and being a diesel DDis engine - I had to go through a long procedure to remove the air sucked in the engine and get the car back on the road.
Thanks for the info, Looks like full tank to full tank is a safer bet for calculating FE.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011, 16:04   #102
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 172
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

calculated the FE on my white ritzy. have got 18.23 in city driving conditions and 21.11 on the highways with 4 people without AC. Of course, the efficiancy would have been much better had i been driving all the while but someone else was also driving the car. He was a heavy footed driver. When i was on the backseat happily enjoying the scenaries outside, he was driving 130-150 KMPH. Suddenly i realized that i was going quite fast. Gave him a piece of my mind and cursed myself on handing him the steering wheel. BTW, i never faced any accelration issues on my ritzy with 4 people on board.
su1978 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 18:03   #103
BHPian
 
Coolman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 175
Thanked: 176 Times
Question Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
It is approximately 7 ltrs (based on an experience when I ran out of fuel ) , I tried to ask MASS a number of times on this query - but could never get a proper answer.
7 lts of fuel still LEFT when the last bar on the fuel indicator (reserve like) starts blinking???

With 7 lts of fuel, at a mileage of 14 for Petrol and 17 for Diesel one can drive the Ritz for another 95 kms at least. Is it 0.7 or 1.7 you mean to say?

Thanks,
C_
Coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 18:14   #104
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 209 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman

7 lts of fuel still LEFT when the last bar on the fuel indicator (reserve like) starts blinking???

With 7 lts of fuel, at a mileage of 14 for Petrol and 17 for Diesel one can drive the Ritz for another 95 kms at least. Is it 0.7 or 1.7 you mean to say?

Thanks,
C_
It indeed has 7 ltrs (after the last bar starts blinking). My car stalled (ran out of fuel) exactly at 98kms after the bar started blinking !
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 22:13   #105
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

Hi, i've tested this fuel indicator blinker idea more than 3 times, i feel there will be about 5.5 to 6 litres left exactly when the blinker starts blinking.

I found out this fact by doing the below experiment about 5times.

As soon as the blinker comes on i try and head out to the fuel station from where i tank up all the time. The tank capacity is 43 litres, but actually it does take in about 44 litres, so with the difference of fuel i found out the blinker gets activated sometimes at 6litres fuel to go or sometimes at 5.5 litres plus to go.

Cheers
Crazy4.Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150". sushil_n79 Post-War 292 16th November 2016 17:59
Team-BHP Membership: A prized possession diyaneesh Introduce yourself 5 7th July 2015 05:09
Finally the prized new year gift! redeye10 Introduce yourself 3 12th January 2015 13:21
Why is Ritz VDi more expensive than the Swift VDi ? Tapan The Indian Car Scene 49 1st June 2009 18:19
Skeletor Chopper - Priced at 3 lakhs - new possession of Jackie Shroff emkay456 Motorbikes 19 2nd March 2009 22:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks