Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st December 2009, 17:52   #31
BHPian

Default Music system capabilities

Nippon Audio, NSCR-09

A few key capabilities from the manual, especially the bit about how to display the folder/ album and track/ file name! Images are a little larger than the recommended size so please click on them to open the full size to see the details...

Audio CD track name display, MP3/ WMA CD formats
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-sx4nipponmanual0001.jpeg

Playback order of MP3/ WMA files on CD, believe the same applies for USB
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-sx4nipponmanual0002.jpeg

iPod compatibility
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-sx4nipponmanual0003.jpeg

iPod playback functions, Artist/ Album/ Genre playback is nice!
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-sx4nipponmanual0004.jpeg

USB capabilities
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-sx4nipponmanual0005.jpeg

USB playback functions, folder/ file name display function, same works for MP3/ WMA CDs and iPod as well
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-sx4nipponmanual0007.jpeg
mrwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 18:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_bhp View Post
Surprising that the recommended tyre pressure is now 30 from the older 33! On my 2008 car the pressure is mentioned as 33psi
Yes very surprising, though I have been keeping it at 30 on my SX4,
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 18:47   #33
BHPian

hi mrwalker.thanks a lot for the manual pics. really helpful.
SX4LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 19:08   #34
BHPian

Default Seat Covers, Steering Wheel Cover

Got seat covers and steering wheel cover installed..

Seat covers: Autoform, Creige/ Black combination, black portions are perforated, excellent PU material, decent finish. BUT the rear seat bottom and top Black portions don't line up.. They have said problem will be fixed, will update once done...

Steering wheel cover: Stanley black leather..

Cross-rods in the rear seat to prevent luggage intrusion, exposed during install. Nice but not as good as the full metal plate backs (eg Punto)...
Name:  image007.jpg
Views: 2696
Size:  164.0 KB

Front seat and steering cover, neck brace/ rest is a part of the package.
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-img_1661.jpg

Rear seats, note slightly misaligned top and bottom black portions...
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-img_1659.jpg

Close up of the material
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-img_1655.jpg
Old 2nd January 2010, 09:58   #35
BHPian

A few additional comments
- Got caught with the non-folding rear seat.. Had a looong package that didn't fit the boot so had to go back to the old faithful WagonR with rear seats folded down
- As mentioned on another post was able to take a full load 4 adults + 2 kids quite comfortably, both in terms of space and pulling power uphill. The key is to get it in the 2,000+ rpm range
- Also don't see the need to upgrade the bulbs as folks recommend, was able to do a night drive on a completely unlit winding road with no problems.. Of course directional headlights would be nice
- Managed to hit a false gear once and a very slight problem with engaging reverse, hopefully will go away with use.. Clutch is very nice, unlike the first TD car
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:08   #36
BHPian

^^ The steerin cover looks pretty nice...
just what the doc ordered for the rather puny-ish wheel!
would be great if you could tell us where did you get it done and how mucho?
abhi182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 00:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
In my SX4 (2008 model), the dealer always fills 33 at each service. Can I reduce to 30 or is it only for the new SX4s?
prskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 03:12   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Quote:
Surprising that the recommended tyre pressure is now 30 from the older 33! On my 2008 car the pressure is mentioned as 33psi

The sticker on my car also states 30 psi. I guess its been done to soften the ride quality.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 19:04   #39
BHPian

Paid closer attention to the iPod connectivity scanned copy of the music system's manual. The system now seems to control the ipod, that's great! surprised this feature is not being tom-tommed about.
gt_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 19:35   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
In my SX4 (2008 model), the dealer always fills 33 at each service. Can I reduce to 30 or is it only for the new SX4s?
I have may 2008 model and I always keep it at 30 psi, when I am driving alone, which is the case most of the time. When traveling fully loaded or on long drives, I switch to 32 psi
Old 3rd January 2010, 22:43   #41
BHPian

I'm sure all of you check your tyre's air pressure when cold? I keep mine at 33-34 psi when not too sure (which is often) and if it seems to hard immediately after driving out, let out a little 'by the ear'.
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 07:56   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
The sticker on my car also states 30 psi. I guess its been done to soften the ride quality.
The new SX4 does mention 30 psi, however I am using the older 33 psi, and I find the ride perfectly comfortable.

Quote:
Paid closer attention to the iPod connectivity scanned copy of the music system's manual. The system now seems to control the ipod, that's great! surprised this feature is not being tom-tommed about.
I am not so sure about the feature being good enough. I connected my Creative Zen Neon 2 and had a problem in selecting the tracks. Of course you can do it, but its painful since the there is no interface per se. The screen of the Neon 2 just says "transferring data" and the one line SX4 ICE display does not allow you to select. At least I could not do it. If there is a way where specific albums/tracks/singers etc can be selected in one go, do let me know. I had posted the same comment on my own thread after buying the SX4 in mid-December.
vivprasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 13:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
I'm sure all of you check your tyre's air pressure when cold? I keep mine at 33-34 psi when not too sure (which is often) and if it seems to hard immediately after driving out, let out a little 'by the ear'.
I always check and fill early morning, most of the time from the electric portable air pump I have. I rely on my Micheline Air Pressure Gauge for psi.
Old 4th January 2010, 16:13   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivprasad View Post
The new SX4 does mention 30 psi, however I am using the older 33 psi, and I find the ride perfectly comfortable.

I am not so sure about the feature being good enough. I connected my Creative Zen Neon 2 and had a problem in selecting the tracks. Of course you can do it, but its painful since the there is no interface per se. The screen of the Neon 2 just says "transferring data" and the one line SX4 ICE display does not allow you to select. At least I could not do it. If there is a way where specific albums/tracks/singers etc can be selected in one go, do let me know. I had posted the same comment on my own thread after buying the SX4 in mid-December.
Well I always thought the older SX4 ZXi had 15" rims as compared to the 16" ones on the new one. So the tyres would be different and so can expect a different recommended tyre pressure...

Re controlling the Creative Zen, to be fair, the ability to control the player (as opposed to just seeing it as a USB storage device) is very player specific. It would be very difficult to build a system that can control most of the commonly used portable players. Even in iPod you have a variety of specific devices to cater for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
^^ The steerin cover looks pretty nice...
just what the doc ordered for the rather puny-ish wheel!
would be great if you could tell us where did you get it done and how mucho?
Stanley black leather @ Rs 750 from Carax, Baner.
Old 4th January 2010, 16:49   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
Well I always thought the older SX4 ZXi had 15" rims as compared to the 16" ones on the new one. So the tyres would be different and so can expect a different recommended tyre pressure...

The old SX4 Zxi also has 16" alloys. The tyre size is the same as in the new (205 R 60)
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote