Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th June 2010, 10:22   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
^ That feature works if you put the vent position knob on auto. It starts blowing some cool air through the windshield vents once in a while clearing the condensation from inside. There is a sensor in front of the steering column just before the windsheild that controls this.

Cheers!
Great! Thanks for the clarification. By the way, I did test drive SX4-ZXi in rain recently and did not feel any formation of mist on the windscreen. So this feature really works well.

Thanks,
-AD
Dr.AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 18:56   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
^ That feature works if you put the vent position knob on auto. It starts blowing some cool air through the windshield vents once in a while clearing the condensation from inside. There is a sensor in front of the steering column just before the windsheild that controls this.

Cheers!
I agree with the first part. However I am afraid that the sensor you are talking about is a solar sensor. (It looks like a black button)

Excerpt from the manual.

Be careful not to cover the interior temperature sensor (F) between the steering wheel and the climate control panel, or the solar sensor (G) located at the top of the driver’s side dashboard. These sensors are used by the automatic system to regulate temperature.

If the car is in strong sunlight the AAC will reduce the temperature of the air and is more likely to increase the fan speed.

Murthy

P.S. If you are not using the fully automatic mode you will be missing many convenient features.

Last edited by gavinimurthy : 14th July 2010 at 18:59.
gavinimurthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 19:36   #78
BHPian

This drawing should make things clear.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp sensors 2.bmp (720.1 KB, 209 views)
Old 14th July 2010, 19:59   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinimurthy View Post
I agree with the first part. However I am afraid that the sensor you are talking about is a solar sensor. (It looks like a black button)
Thanks, Gavin! I stand corrected!
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 23:41   #80
BHPian

As this thread is all about SX4, i have just one tiny query on the USB capacity. Does anybody know the size limit of the pen drive it can take (2GB, 4GB, 8GB etc. ) ?
sixthsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 00:16   #81
BHPian

im using an 8gb pendrive without any problems.
Zero Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 00:25   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
im using an 8gb pendrive without any problems.
Thanks for the feedback mate
Old 28th August 2010, 17:51   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
As this thread is all about SX4, i have just one tiny query on the USB capacity. Does anybody know the size limit of the pen drive it can take (2GB, 4GB, 8GB etc. ) ?
Even I am using 8GB pen drive without any problems. The funny thing is that during PDI, the accessories person claimed that only 1GB or lower capacity devices will work. I was surprised by that. During PDI, my wife's MP3 player (which has a USB connection) did not work. The music system in the car refused to recognized that player, maybe because of some incompatibility in formats. However, the accessories guy blamed it on the capacity of the device. Thankfully, that claim is not true and since then I have used 4GB as well as 8GB USB drives without any problem.
Dr.AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 13:30   #84
BHPian

I did try my Walkman succesfully. Just plug in the USB charger with your walkman mounted on it.
Attached Images

Old 31st August 2010, 14:50   #85
BHPian

Thanks for the help. I think there are many threads discussing about the stock headunit, but i didn't find the mention of a pure replacement to the stock nippon HU.

Has anybody looked at this :

Car DVD Player GPS,BT,Ipod,SWC,HD Screen for SUZUKI SX4: eBay Motors (item 280555713705 end time Sep-04-10 08:40:01 PDT)

I've tried asking the seller if this replaces the stock HU as shown in the youtube video and if the steering control works. If its does than this would be a perfect solution and i love the way it integrates with the existing orangish LED's.
Old 31st August 2010, 21:46   #86
BHPian

well i got a reply that this unit would fit with the existing connection , so no cutting of wires etc. Also the steering wheel control would work.

After some more research i'll order this unit. Any advice or comments would help.
Old 1st September 2010, 16:44   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
well i got a reply that this unit would fit with the existing connection , so no cutting of wires etc. Also the steering wheel control would work.

After some more research i'll order this unit. Any advice or comments would help.
Looks Nice. I am too much of a noob to offer advice but I'll definitely wish you good luck. Let me know how it goes if it's good I might think of getting one myself.
By the way, what is the price of the unit? (sorry cant access e-bay since the site is blocked due to company policy. Maybe they think I'll spend the entire day buying and selling stuff instead of working ).
shreeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 18:09   #88
BHPian

The cost of the unit is 340 usd + 80 usd shipping charges from HK. Its approx 20k inr. Considering i don't have to buy a seperate PAC unit (5k inr) for the steering wheel control and the unit fits into the existing stock location with all the features (bluetooth, gps etc.) , i believe its a good deal.
Old 2nd September 2010, 00:54   #89
BHPian

That seems like an OEM offering, but using in India probably also depends on GPS data availability / compatibility.

Also, before you buy on eBay global site, you might wanna check the applicable customs duty too.
Fornax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:12   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
That seems like an OEM offering, but using in India probably also depends on GPS data availability / compatibility.

Also, before you buy on eBay global site, you might wanna check the applicable customs duty too.
Can you let me know how to check for the customs duty if any ? The GPS runs on win CE 5.0 or above and can run IGO, tom tom etc. I hope it can run mapmyindia as well, but not for sure. I won't be using the navigator much and tomtom maps for india are pretty well detailed.