Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 20:36   #76
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 541
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Ask, and thy shall receive

20k for a 20L car is peanuts Sajid. They are offering 40 odd k on the Fabia itself. So 95 (although an excellent discount) is quite believable.
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 20:49   #77
BHPian
 
sajid33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: muzaffar nagar (u.p.)
Posts: 153
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Ask, and thy shall receive

20k for a 20L car is peanuts Sajid. They are offering 40 odd k on the Fabia itself. So 95 (although an excellent discount) is quite believable.
I believe you my friend , after reading this , i really feel like going straight to the Skoda Dealership i got the car from , and punch the salesperson with whom the deal was finished.

But i cant blame anyone on this , because i got the car as a Birthday gift from my Dad, so i wasn't knowing anything about the deal before it happened.
sajid33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 21:30   #78
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 200
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post
95K !!!! Thats a whooping discount ! , I just got 20K for my Laura L&K 2.0 A/T !! . how on earth could it be possible my friend ??? please explain if you could .
thanx
Well , I can give you the list price quoted in Mumbai and the eventual price I paid !

The Laura TSI list price was 1338549. Where octroi was not applicable ,the list price was 1274050. This (non octrol ) was advertised at 1199000. This is an advertised discount of 75000. Throw in corp discounts and you have it. These are December prices.


This kind of tells me TSI is not exactly outselling the Civics and Altises.
What was the ex showroom list price of the L&K AT - here it is 1815907. Non octrol - 1728407.
Ravich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 21:04   #79
BHPian
 
Tommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 253
Thanked: 44 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thamban View Post
I think this spot is normal. You can see these spots more clearly if you use a polarised sunglasses. Due to internal reflection inside glass since the glass is made of layers for shatterproofing, tint & toughening.
I agree 100% here with Thamban's response. One can see the spots only in certain angles with naked eye. I use a polarized sunglasses for driving and I see them for my car(esp while using rear view mirror) and other cars windsheilds on the streets.

Dont worry, your Laura locks awsome stunning. Take good care of it.
Tommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 00:04   #80
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 200
Thanked: 56 Times
Default 800 kms completed , some initial FE numbers for my TSI and

Have completed 800 km so far
1. Best ever 7.4l/100 km (13.5 km/l) . Night driving , traffic free, mostly 80-100kph, distance 17km . Mostly on 6th gear
2. Typical : 8.4 l/100km to 9.4/100 km ( 40 % highway, 60% congested traffic) 10.5 km/l to 11.9 km/l . Typical commute 17km
3. Worst - short distance 17l/100 km 5.9 km/l

Generally before driving , am idling the engine for 2 minutes. Running on second tank fill . First was regular, second speed.
Could not locate any Indian Oil 93 octane pump (near Powai) in Mumbai.

Leather seat done (Stanley Satin Oyster) . For 2 days, strong smell of some glue used for fitting the door trims. Done reasonably well in 5 hours.

Havent changed the tyres yet ( Michelin not available in stock ).

Car is exciting enough to make me look forward to the morning and evening commute.
Ravich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 01:18   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 2,596 Times
Default

You've got some decent FE figures. How much did the leathers cost you?
Anand123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 12:30   #82
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 200
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
You've got some decent FE figures. How much did the leathers cost you?
34360/- in Mumbai . Stanley warranty , seat covers with logo. Order placed with JMD in Mumbai. Took nearly more than 8 days for the material to arrive. Fitting took close to 5 hours. Done quite professionally . Only annoyance was the smell of glue or some cleaner for two days.
Ravich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 21:41   #83
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 611
Thanked: 1,575 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
Have completed 800 km so far
1. Best ever 7.4l/100 km (13.5 km/l) . Night driving , traffic free, mostly 80-100kph, distance 17km . Mostly on 6th gear
2. Typical : 8.4 l/100km to 9.4/100 km ( 40 % highway, 60% congested traffic) 10.5 km/l to 11.9 km/l . Typical commute 17km
3. Worst - short distance 17l/100 km 5.9 km/l

Generally before driving , am idling the engine for 2 minutes. Running on second tank fill . First was regular, second speed.
Could not locate any Indian Oil 93 octane pump (near Powai) in Mumbai.

Leather seat done (Stanley Satin Oyster) . For 2 days, strong smell of some glue used for fitting the door trims. Done reasonably well in 5 hours.

Havent changed the tyres yet ( Michelin not available in stock ).

Car is exciting enough to make me look forward to the morning and evening commute.
Great ownership report Ravich, pretty decent fuel consumption as well considering the performance the engine is capable of, you must be running in the engine well, keeping revs below 4k. Anyway, after driving 800kms have you felt any quality issues/niggles which has forced you to visit the workshop? Are there any thing specific which you really don't like or things you wish had been given as standard with the car? (other than leather, better tyres or even auto climate control)

Do you know if it is possible to get the 205/55 R16 tyres (which are standard on the elegance 1.9 td trim) instead of the 195/65 R15 tyres which come as standard, from the showroom itself when getting the delivery of the car? Any idea regarding costs involved?
robimahanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 23:07   #84
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 200
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Anyway, after driving 800kms have you felt any quality issues/niggles which has forced you to visit the workshop? Are there any thing specific which you really don't like or things you wish had been given as standard with the car? (other than leather, better tyres or even auto climate control)

Do you know if it is possible to get the 205/55 R16 tyres (which are standard on the elegance 1.9 td trim) instead of the 195/65 R15 tyres which come as standard, from the showroom itself when getting the delivery of the car? Any idea regarding costs involved?
1. I wish the car had electrically foldable mirrors. In Mumbai with all the metro related chaos, it would have been very useful. I miss them.

No niggles that made me visit the workshop (touchwood). I had some concerns around the speckles ( my term) on the rear windshield but its not a big issue . I still have not followed up on that. I refered to it in my updates earlier with a photo too.
2. Shifting - find that it works smoothly when revs are higher (especially first to second). Getting the hang of this
3. I am using the sixth quite often these days and when you brake you are just below the turbo threshold and you wish you have even more toque . But its a lot of fun to drive. Once I am past the 1500Km , I hope to have some serious fun. The morning and evening./night commute is becoming enjoyable . Weekends drives even more so.
4. The AC blower in setting 3 made a slight whistle but once

16" - the dealer casually mentioned > 30K for Goodyear eagle and alloys. Did not pursue that as I felt low profile would make the ride worse. Plan to change to 205/60 or even 65 v rated Bridgestone or Michelins. V rates tyres dont seem to be in stock.
Ravich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 16:27   #85
BHPian
 
hvishwanathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 236
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

hey guys the alloys on this is a 15" 112 PCD . Any ideas of other after market alloys with 112 pcd ?

I have seen a couple of Taiwanese brands but all of those are without warranty.

Lenso's available are with 114 pcd . Will a 114pcd profile fit in place of 112 pcd and is it advisable ??
hvishwanathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 22:21   #86
BHPian
 
hvishwanathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 236
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
hey guys the alloys on this is a 15" 112 PCD . Any ideas of other after market alloys with 112 pcd ?

I have seen a couple of Taiwanese brands but all of those are without warranty.

Lenso's available are with 114 pcd . Will a 114pcd profile fit in place of 112 pcd and is it advisable ??


Will a 17 " with 112 pcd. Make a difference ? Will it damage the stock suspensions and ruin the drive quality ?
hvishwanathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 09:44   #87
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 218
Thanked: Once
Default

Skoda put up an advt in ToI-Bangalore today announcing a new price of 11.99L (as compared to 13.02L) for Laura TSI. If no other strings attached, this would translate to over 1.2L savings in OTR price.

The questions are :

1. Why is this move ? Is it inventory clean-up or are they introducing some changes in TSI in coming months ?
2. Is this discount only for Bangalore (then it may be inventory clean-up) or for most part of India (then it may be some other reason) ?
sabynag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 10:05   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2,895
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
16" - the dealer casually mentioned > 30K for Goodyear eagle and alloys.
So these would have been the stock alloys and tyres that come with the TDi Elegance?
Is the spare an alloy? Or is it a steel wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
1. Why is this move ? Is it inventory clean-up or are they introducing some changes in TSI in coming months ?
2. Is this discount only for Bangalore (then it may be inventory clean-up) or for most part of India (then it may be some other reason) ?
No such ad in Kolkata at least. Check if it's an ad from Skoda or from a particular dealer. Could very well be 2009 stock.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 12:34   #89
BHPian
 
sivadas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 487
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
Skoda put up an advt in ToI-Bangalore today announcing a new price of 11.99L (as compared to 13.02L) for Laura TSI. If no other strings attached, this would translate to over 1.2L savings in OTR price.

The questions are :

1. Why is this move ? Is it inventory clean-up or are they introducing some changes in TSI in coming months ?
2. Is this discount only for Bangalore (then it may be inventory clean-up) or for most part of India (then it may be some other reason) ?
Just confirmed this with Skoda dealer. Yes they are trying to be more competitive against Civic & Corolla.
Discount is available all over India.

I am just figuring out the total loss people like me suffered
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 12:52   #90
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 218
Thanked: Once
Default

If this drastic price cut is offered all over India, then I guess TSI Elegance is on its way. Skoda is just making room for TSI Elegance to be positioned against Altis GL and Civic VMT while the current Ambiente will fight against lower trims of Altis and Civic.

Can people from other parts of India confirm if such a price cut is offered at their locations ? Kolkata already confirmed that there is no such newspaper advt but there is no dealer-level confirmation.
sabynag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW 320d CE Initial Ownership Experience and a comparison to Laura TSi Ravich Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 94 17th May 2017 16:19
VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report prithwi-81 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 261 3rd April 2016 18:34
VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report chase_nt Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 113 7th March 2016 18:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:59.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks