Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 17:30   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calicut
Posts: 82
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Hey DD,does the front windshield,I mean the 3M CR70 ,protect you from light reflecting in your eyes at night?
ahmed26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 12:18   #92
BHPian
 
DigitalDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 227
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
My 2007 SX4 VXi regularly returns 11+ kpl with AC on, crossing 12 also many a times, on Delhi roads (in winters she's crossed 13 often). And on the highways, where I drive long-distances often, I regularly get 15.5+ with AC on (have even touched 17 with AC more than once) with a few prolonged speed runs at 140-150. But usually I maintain around 100kmph on the highways with an average journey speed of 70kmph, due to generous stopovers. In the city I seldom (can) cross 80kmph, and am hardly ever given to srceeching starts when the traffic light turns green, yet am usually with the pack, if not ahead of most. I have achieved the above with maximum 3 passengers in the car, but am mostly either alone or with one passenger. Luggage has never filled the cavernous boot more than half.
Nice to hear that you are getting a decent FE. May be partially because of the VXi which has 195 width tyre. I have 215 width tyre. I wish i could get at least 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
Hey DD,does the front windshield,I mean the 3M CR70 ,protect you from light reflecting in your eyes at night?
The windshield sun film does not protect the front reflections at night. However, i did feel a slight diminished effect.
DigitalDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 15:27   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
_raVan_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 486 Times
Default

Congratulations on your buy

I was wondering if you have the link to the list of accessories for the new SX4. I tried looking it up in the SX4 site, but couldnt find it.
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 16:18   #94
BHPian
 
Fornax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 288
Thanked: 79 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
...
I was wondering if you have the link to the list of accessories for the new SX4. I tried looking it up in the SX4 site, but couldnt find it.
Try the first result for this maruti suzuki sx4 accessories - Google Search
Fornax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 01:11   #95
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N Delhi/Pune/Kolkata/Schwarzenfeld
Posts: 884
Thanked: 276 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Nice to hear that you are getting a decent FE. May be partially because of the VXi which has 195 width tyre. I have 215 width tyre. I wish i could get at least 12.
Thanks, DigitalDragon. You know what, just last week when I tanked up my SX4 (to the brim as usual) she returned 13.2kpl! Amazing, huh? And this time it was all in the City, and the AC has been on too for most of this period between fill-ups, since the mercury has been soaring a fair bit in Delhi.

Okay, here's another interesting bit on your observation vis-a-vis different tyre/wheel sizes between the VXi and ZXi. I don't know if the gearing/odometer calibration has been altered to account for the different rolling diameters between the 195/65x15 and 205/60x16. If I assume not, as is quite likely the case, you know what then? Depending on which was the original size that the calibration was done on, either the VXi is covering less distance than what's registering on its odo or vice versa with the ZXi!!
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 12:21   #96
BHPian
 
DigitalDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 227
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
she returned 13.2kpl! Amazing, huh?
Thats too good an FE i would say for SX4. I wish i could inch a bit towards that. I am as fed up as I was - got 11.57 over a 630 km highway drive with 70 % AC, around 50 km hill drive and with an average speed of 90 kmph on highway.

Quote:
Okay, here's another interesting bit on your observation vis-a-vis different tyre/wheel sizes between the VXi and ZXi. I don't know if the gearing/odometer calibration has been altered to account for the different rolling diameters between the 195/65x15 and 205/60x16. If I assume not, as is quite likely the case, you know what then? Depending on which was the original size that the calibration was done on, either the VXi is covering less distance than what's registering on its odo or vice versa with the ZXi!!
Really an interesting observation. Never thought about this. Will check with Maruti whats the actual story.
DigitalDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 06:39   #97
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 202
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

I did my second fill up yesterday and my economy has increased from 9.5kmpl to 10.4kmpl with complete city driving with 100% AC used. Not to mention this time i revved and pushed my car a little bit more. Im reasonably satisfied and im expecting the FE to bump up to 11kmpl after the first service at 1000kms and improve with time. Comparing these figures with what my Accent (petrol) used to give my when it has similar mileage (8kmpl, which over a period of months improved to about 10kmpl) I think this car is actually capable to deliver 12+kmpl in city with the AC on.
Zero Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 10:50   #98
BHPian
 
DigitalDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 227
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

10.4 sounds a reasonable FE. I feel this car would deliver somewhere 11-12 with AC in city after all the free services are over.

My observation is NO figure mentioned in the forum might be accurate, reason being:

1. Varying driving condition
2. Varying driving practice.
3. Varying fuel quality
4. Varying measurement method, even though claimed to be tank-full to tank full.

Unless it is a computerized test on real road/traffic condition over a resonable stretch, it's difficult to anticipate the actual FE. I did this and it delivered 10.49, with only first service over.

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 8th April 2010 at 10:51.
DigitalDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 13:20   #99
BHPian
 
mrwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 175
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
10.4 sounds a reasonable FE. I feel this car would deliver somewhere 11-12 with AC in city after all the free services are over.

My observation is NO figure mentioned in the forum might be accurate, reason being:

1. Varying driving condition
2. Varying driving practice.
3. Varying fuel quality
4. Varying measurement method, even though claimed to be tank-full to tank full.

Unless it is a computerized test on real road/traffic condition over a resonable stretch, it's difficult to anticipate the actual FE. I did this and it delivered 10.49, with only first service over.
Hmm true enough, but tyres may be a factor as well... Stock JKs vs those who have upgraded to Michelin/ Conti would give different results as well?
mrwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 00:25   #100
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N Delhi/Pune/Kolkata/Schwarzenfeld
Posts: 884
Thanked: 276 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post

1. Varying driving condition
2. Varying driving practice.
3. Varying fuel quality
4. Varying measurement method, even though claimed to be tank-full to tank full.

Unless it is a computerized test on real road/traffic condition over a resonable stretch, it's difficult to anticipate the actual FE. I did this and it delivered 10.49, with only first service over.
Agree with you DigitalDragon. All the four varying parameters above would throw up different figures. However, so would "a computerised test..." over the first three points.

Regarding point 4, I at least ensure that my refills are not only at the same point, but the same nozzle too. So, I have my ranges (of the kpl figures) in Delhi, Poona, Bombay clearly etched out.

Delhi returns the best figures due to better average speeds.
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 10:01   #101
BHPian
 
DigitalDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 227
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
Hmm true enough, but tyres may be a factor as well... Stock JKs vs those who have upgraded to Michelin/ Conti would give different results as well?
Oops! Agreed. I forgot to add that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Agree with you DigitalDragon. All the four varying parameters above would throw up different figures. However, so would "a computerised test..." over the first three points.

Regarding point 4, I at least ensure that my refills are not only at the same point, but the same nozzle too. So, I have my ranges (of the kpl figures) in Delhi, Poona, Bombay clearly etched out.

Delhi returns the best figures due to better average speeds.
I fully agree with you prabal. However, under this test there are certain parameters which remain more or less similar - like when i say a test by Maruti, i ask the Maruti guy to drive, wherein he keeps the speed within 60, the gear changes are as per Maruti norms, they normally test on a predefined stretch (varies form city to city). Fuel quality would still be an issue and thts why there is a range, say 10-12. If somebody gets above 12 he is lucky, at least thats what Maruti says.
DigitalDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 10:24   #102
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 202
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
10.4 sounds a reasonable FE. I feel this car would deliver somewhere 11-12 with AC in city after all the free services are over.

My observation is NO figure mentioned in the forum might be accurate, reason being:

1. Varying driving condition
2. Varying driving practice.
3. Varying fuel quality
4. Varying measurement method, even though claimed to be tank-full to tank full.

Unless it is a computerized test on real road/traffic condition over a resonable stretch, it's difficult to anticipate the actual FE. I did this and it delivered 10.49, with only first service over.

You put across the point very well dear sir.

Ill add in my bit -

1. Driving condition - Half of my commute is smooth and the car runs at an average speed of 50kmph and the remaining half is very chocked and the car barely crosses into the third gear (below 25kmph). I guess ill be taking it easy till the running in period is not over.

2. Driving practice - I barely over rev my car and keep the rpm bellow 2500. The AC is always on.

3. Fuel Quality - I use the standard unleaded fuel. Ive tried all different brands and im yet to arrive at the conclusion that which one is the best.

4. Measurement method - I use the Cut off method. Tank full to tank full.
Zero Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 10:41   #103
BHPian
 
DigitalDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 227
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

@Zero Cool - You have a good driving habit. I am sure you will get better FE once the free services are over.
DigitalDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 12:21   #104
BHPian
 
mrwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 175
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
If somebody gets above 12 he is lucky, at least thats what Maruti says.
So are they going to add that to their ads and brochures?

"ARAI Certified 15 kmpl*


Blah blah



* - You'll be lucky to get above 12 in city"
mrwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 12:29   #105
BHPian
 
DigitalDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 227
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
So are they going to add that to their ads and brochures?

"ARAI Certified 15 kmpl*

Blah blah

* - You'll be lucky to get above 12 in city"
They will come back with all those blah blah -

ARAi - 15.5 under standard test conditions....
DigitalDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beast prevails over beauty. Story of my SX4-ZXi VVT Dr.AD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 125 16th February 2015 16:20
My Silver Bulldog - SX4 ZXI VVT Petrol - one year ownership review FrankMartin Long-Term Ownership Reviews 3 9th June 2011 22:24
The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home vivprasad Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 80 4th March 2011 17:33
Oyster Blue SX4- ZXI-MT-VVT askicode Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 37 6th May 2010 18:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks