Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 01:05   #76
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Roughly 17k. 13k if you want the smoked headlamps with regular halogen lamps or 24k if you want a bi-xenon setup.

Request granted my dear sir. I have been quite lazy but will surely click some snaps on Monday and post them at lunch hour.

Thanks for the compliments & advice, Preetam_KORG.

In the mean while, the Punto will get some well deserved rest tomorrow (Sunday) as a Polo (not mine but rather my friend's - a white HL) gets its first chance to really stretch its legs on a quick day trip up to Uttaranchal.
Thanks mate for the info on headlamps ! hey sent you a message, hoping u check your message box in user CP often.
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 01:10   #77
BHPian
 
khan75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlanta/London/Dubai/Delhi
Posts: 371
Thanked: Once
Default

No worries. Yes, I know the cost is a bit on the higher side but then these are guaranteed for RHD operation. Most of the stuff on ebay can get horribly wrong when it comes to ensuring compliance with the local law. This kit is from Taiwan.

Just replied back to your earlier PM as well. Sorry, I seemed to have completely missed out on the first one.
khan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 21:42   #78
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
No worries. Yes, I know the cost is a bit on the higher side but then these are guaranteed for RHD operation. Most of the stuff on ebay can get horribly wrong when it comes to ensuring compliance with the local law. This kit is from Taiwan.

Just replied back to your earlier PM as well. Sorry, I seemed to have completely missed out on the first one.
No worries, I got both your responses and have reverted. Dude, I went to Rama Motors today, to discuss stuff and I noticed someone's Red Punto standing under the blazing sun with blackened side windows,(okay Warning! this might sound blasphemous!!) but it didnt strike me as brilliant for once (it came out more orangish than Red) and uptill that moment I was convinced that I am going in for a Red Punto. I couldnt explain this colour change for a while, but on my way back, I noticed the same car inside the dealership (in shade) and it looked much better. I think it looks richer in shade, the bright sunshine just doesn't help, atleast it didnt help in this case. IMHO, I think Polo red is better than Punto Red.. whats ur take on that ? I managed to check out Black, Bossa Nova White, mild Silver and Dark grey at the dealership and all of them looked the very way the appear in photos you see across T-Bhp. Somehow the red either isnt consistent or probably gives a dual shade and one of the two isnt the most pleasing of all colours.

I'm hoping you'd elaborate on it...share your thoughts and pics on the subject.
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 22:06   #79
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Missed adding this in the previous post..

PS: To make matters a Red Audi A4 gave me company all along during my drive back, always reminding me of the lack of richness in Punto red or possibly the shade of Red could have been better. I noticed the tiny 'shark-fin' antenna on the Audi... its damn neat !! Lemme know if you've found one for your Punto /Polo.
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 22:21   #80
BHPian
 
SumitBahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 975
Thanked: 219 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Roughly 17k. 13k if you want the smoked headlamps with regular halogen lamps or 24k if you want a bi-xenon setup.
Thanks for your reply khan.

You are getting custom made headlamps or its an imported unit?

If you are getting custom made, I have a few questions:
1. Are you modifying the stock headlamp?
2. The price you have mentioned, does it include HID kit (If yes, which brand?)
3. The day time LEDs that you are getting installed, do they work like AUDI's?
5. Which projector setup will it have? (I have heard people using accidental BMW's or SKODA's projectors in cu tom headlamps)

BTW, my car is Active model, it does not come with the foldable key. I am not using the keychain in spare key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
but it didnt strike me as brilliant for once (it came out more orangish than Red) and uptill that moment I was convinced that I am going in for a Red Punto.
Let me answer this for you (I own a red Punto)
You are right. In a bright light, the color does seem orangish. I will try to find a photograph, clicked with a cellphone camera.
Even at night, if your car is parked below a bright halogen, color seems orange.


Having said that, I still think its best color in Punto. The two colors that stands out in punto are red and blue.
Its a headturner.

Red color is A4 is awesome. Looks a completely different car in that color.
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 22:49   #81
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Cool colour choice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post

Let me answer this for you (I own a red Punto)
You are right. In a bright light, the color does seem orangish. I will try to find a photograph, clicked with a cellphone camera.
Even at night, if your car is parked below a bright halogen, color seems orange.

Having said that, I still think its best color in Punto. The two colors that stands out in punto are red and blue.
Its a headturner.

Red color is A4 is awesome. Looks a completely different car in that color.
Haha... would you believe it !! While you were responding to my post on this thread, I was checking out your thread to check out some of your pics to help understand the colour mystery.The pics in your thread, do reveal the whole 'tomato red' turning orange feel to Punto

I'm telling you Red/Blue without the black tints on the windows & rear and without OE alloys looks so pedestrian. I know you got yourself an 'Active' and then made it more 'Dynamic' or probably part 'Emotion', probably makes the Red...esp the Red look much better! If its a Red for me...I have pretty much the same designs as you've had !

While I agree with you on the whole 'Red hot thing, not as much on the same page with respect to the blue metallic. The funny thing with colour choice is ..." To each.. his own "! While Nova Bossa white ...is a damn good shade, but whats gonna happen to it on mean delhi streets i.e. one year down the line (scratches, dust et all...overall high maintenance ), the very thought gives me creeps !

Same with 'hip hop black', high maintenance !

'Mild Silver' ...all my previous buys have been around shades of silver.( moon beam silver and pearl silver), so this time no obvious shade of silver., this probably cuts out foxtrot Blue as well.(but I havent seen it yet on the car, hoping one gets delivered at Rama motors soon enuff)

Upon close, inspection, I found 'Moderate Grey' to be rich in colour (nice shade of metallic grey), consistent in both shade and sunshine and absolutely classy with both black and silver front grill...very 'English' I say !


- B4W

Last edited by better4worse : 5th April 2010 at 22:54.
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 23:03   #82
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

To make matters more complicated and confusing here are two more pics, of puntos, of course

Grey Punto belongs to fellow BHPian aqualeo2040

Possibly the cheapest Grande Punto on TBHP? 1.4 EmoPack-dark-grey.jpg



Blue Punto belongs to fellow BHPian phrozenfire

Possibly the cheapest Grande Punto on TBHP? 1.4 EmoPack-blue.jpg

@B4W : Did I do enough to confuse you now?

Last edited by preetam_KORG : 5th April 2010 at 23:05.
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 23:11   #83
BHPian
 
SumitBahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 975
Thanked: 219 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Haha... would you believe it !! While you were responding to my post on this thread, I was checking out your thread to check out some of your pics to help understand the colour mystery.The pics in your thread, do reveal the whole 'tomato red' turning orange feel to Punto

I'm telling you Red/Blue without the black tints on the windows & rear and without OE alloys looks so pedestrian. I know you got yourself an 'Active' and then made it more 'Dynamic' or probably part 'Emotion', probably makes the Red...esp the Red look much better! If its a Red for me...I have pretty much the same designs as you've had !

While I agree with you on the whole 'Red hot thing, not as much on the same page with respect to the blue metallic. The funny thing with colour choice is ..." To each.. his own "! While Nova Bossa white ...is a damn good shade, but whats gonna happen to it on mean delhi streets i.e. one year down the line (scratches, dust et all...overall high maintenance ), the very thought gives me creeps !

Same with 'hip hop black', high maintenance !

'Mild Silver' ...all my previous buys have been around shades of silver.( moon beam silver and pearl silver), so this time no obvious shade of silver., this probably cuts out foxtrot Blue as well.(but I havent seen it yet on the car, hoping one gets delivered at Rama motors soon enuff)

Upon close, inspection, I found 'Moderate Grey' to be rich in colour (nice shade of metallic grey), consistent in both shade and sunshine and absolutely classy with both black and silver front grill...very 'English' I say !


- B4W
Thats a coincidence

You are right, color is a personal preference.
Red is definitely high maintenance. All the cars that our family has owned till now were either some shade or silver or golden.

Before buying the car, I knew that it had to be of some other color, something bright!!!

Medium Grey (Moderate Grey) is a nice color as well. That was my 2nd choice.
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 23:24   #84
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
@B4W : Did I do enough to confuse you now?
hahahaha...good ones there ! Keep at it mate and you might just help me here....you know, its so much to do with the photography on the forum, I actually fell in love with the Red Punto after going through Spurioussphinx's thread. Check out the art work with a Red punto.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...unto-saga.html (First love is first love, The Punto Saga.)


I just love the one in greyscale-red combo with the cathedral/church in the background ! Maybe thats one reason, I'm a bit disappointed with the red I saw today ! (...was something like this!)


- B4W

PS: Just to help you understand my dilemma, check out the pics below !!
Attached Images
  
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 23:32   #85
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

I somehow like the way the car looks in the second pic.
Red or orange whatever you call it, the overall look of the car has undergone a dramatic transformation.
If the image is edited, then the color may have been changed a bit too.
Check out other versions of the Picture if they are on flickr or somewhere else.
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 23:46   #86
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
I somehow like the way the car looks in the second pic.
Red or orange whatever you call it, the overall look of the car has undergone a dramatic transformation.
If the image is edited, then the color may have been changed a bit too.
Check out other versions of the Picture if they are on flickr or somewhere else.
Preetam... those pics are from two different threads, while the first one is probably 'photoshop-ed' and is from furioussphinx's photo art work. Check out his thread for more un-edited pictures as well. The second one is from some random thread on the forum (sorry I dont remember the thread owner's name, so unable to share credits there!).

Somehow I get a feeling that the Red isnt consistent across Punto's, I'd love to put three red Punto's side by side and confirm the same.

- B4W

Last edited by better4worse : 5th April 2010 at 23:48. Reason: typos
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 23:51   #87
BHPian
 
khan75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlanta/London/Dubai/Delhi
Posts: 371
Thanked: Once
Default

Anyone in Delhi want to do a small photo shoot of my GP?
khan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 23:55   #88
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Please do and give us a visual treat!
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 23:57   #89
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Anyone in Delhi want to do a small photo shoot of my GP?
Khan Sir....Isn't this a long pending request lying in your PM box ??
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 23:58   #90
BHPian
 
khan75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlanta/London/Dubai/Delhi
Posts: 371
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Please do and give us a visual treat!
LOL I would've done it myself but all my professional gear is in the US. The only cams that I have for company at the moment are tiny units in the BB 8900, 5800XM and iPhone and we all know how awesome those cams are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Khan Sir....Isn't this a long pending request lying in your PM box ??
Don't recollect you PM'ing me about that. Sorry if you did. You game sometime later this week?
khan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yet Another Fiat Grande Punto MJD -Active on Tbhp blueblooded Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 74 2nd September 2014 12:39
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Delhi Meet Report - Quite possibly the BEST TBHP Meet ever... (Aug 27th, 2006) gunbir The Team-BHP Meet Section 104 12th February 2007 11:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks