Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th April 2010, 10:43   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
How about something with a red lip, something like this

Alloys aren't at the top of my mod list right now. Rather I'm playing around with small changes that when combined should make my GP one of a kind, at least in Delhi.
Yes!
That is exactly what I'm talking about.
Considering the fact, that you have got the car dirt cheap,you want to make the car one of its kind and you have got money to spend on mods, why dont you get the alloys?
Its your personal decision, and the alloys on the Punto look rather nice for any Indian car, I would still recommend that you get the right set of alloys now itself. That will be a giant leap by itself, rather than waiting for the small bits to add up.
The small things that you're talking about sure makes a lot of difference but getting the right set of shoes for her will make her picture perfect for the nice evening out with friends... What say?

Last edited by preetam_KORG : 7th April 2010 at 10:45.
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 11:02   #122
BHPian

Quote:
How about something with a red lip, something like this:

Alloys aren't at the top of my mod list right now. Rather I'm playing around with small changes that when combined should make my GP one of a kind, at least in Delhi.

@SumitBahl:
Be sure to get your cam when you come down. I want some nice pics of my GP too!
The front looks great in the picture. Mesh with Audi style grill really suits.
I am not sure if the same treatment to the grill would look good in red (especially the separator in the grills, painted matt black).

The photographs were clicked from a Nikon D90, borrowed from a friend (He lines in the US, visiting these days).
If I come to delhi before my friend leaves, I will surely bring the camera).
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 19:54   #123
BHPian

Will think about the alloys over the weekend.

Since the Polo is at the dealership waiting for the sports kit to be put on, the Punto has been my only car for the past couple of days and this time around, I made it a point to drive with a very light foot to see just how much mileage I could extract from the engine. Just tanked her up a few minutes ago and this is the result:
Distance: 449kms
Fuel topped up: 38.4 lts
Avg fuel consumption (AcA) indicated in the MID/MFD: 12.6
Calculated fuel consumption: 11.7

This is the most I've ever gotten from a single tank of fuel while driving in the city, my previous best being 396kms. By my reckoning, I should be able to touch at least 600kms on my weekend drive to Shimla.
khan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 15:21   #124
BHPian

Quote:
I'm getting an import piece.
1. Nope, it's a complete replacement kit.
2. HID ballast kit from Philips
3. The daytime LEDs included in the headlamps work exactly like on the Audis. The current installation of the LED strip needs to be manually turned on or off but is independent of the headlamps.
4. Not sure about that. Will have to check up.
Khan have you got the HID Kit? Can you post some snaps for this. I am also contemplating this for my MJD.
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote