Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th August 2010, 09:21   #196
BANNED

I did a 560 kms drive in a stretch and following are my observations:

Fiesta with 3 full adults sitting at the rear, the car used to get touched at the railway crossing bumps

I observed a mileage of only around 14.2 kmpl at highways whereby expected it to be around 15 -16kmpl
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 09:55   #197
Senior - BHPian

Two days back I drove a small distanceh (130kms) with lot of big potholes and high bumps. We had total 4 adults (2 in the front and 2 in the back). my car never touched any bumps or pothole edges. Normally, on seeing a abnormal bumps, I used to stop the car before climbing the bump and then move the car on 1st gear and it goes without any scratching. !!
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 11:47   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
My car is not driven too much, it has only covered 6k till now, still i will go for the wheel alignment, will it be a free by the service people or i need to pay something,
can i get it done outside as well.
Wheel alingment and balancing cost be more than 1 K I do not recollect the exact price. I might be wrong. But it does not come cheap

Is ruchir banned !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Two days back I drove a small distanceh (130kms) with lot of big potholes and high bumps. We had total 4 adults (2 in the front and 2 in the back). my car never touched any bumps or pothole edges. Normally, on seeing a abnormal bumps, I used to stop the car before climbing the bump and then move the car on 1st gear and it goes without any scratching. !!
Nairsaab - I too had only bump to the Fiesta's underbelly. That too in a rural route where a road patch was under construction and had to take an offroad route to join the main road.

I was not focused on the route and was busy looking around and when I heard a thudd. Luckily it just scrapped the metal with no serious damage.

The only occasion when the car touched the bump.
Rastapopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 09:01   #199
BANNED

Default Re: My White Fiesta SXI

Dear folks,

my Fiesta SXI will complete one year on 24th dec, the odometer reads 9000 km till date, it has been a wonderful journey with around 10 kmpl in cu=ity and 14 on highways,
got minor scratches on the body as well, but nevertheless it is part of the game, when you get on the road that will hapeen,

apart from that, it has been a good journey, i still feel my fiesta is only a day old baby, always try to keep it in a new condition,
in this one year journey i have got many modifications done which i have shared with you all in different threads,
Old 21st December 2010, 09:05   #200
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: My White Fiesta SXI

@Ruchir,

Congratulations in advance. Wish you many more mile crunching and great times ahead with the beast.

Keep her revving. Drive safely.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 12:26   #201
BHPian

Quote:
...my Fiesta SXI will complete one year on 24th dec,
Congratulations to you Ruchir, and advance Happy Birthday to your 1 year old baby!

Because my Fiesta is white, I like to see other white Fiestas!

Quote:
it has been a wonderful journey with around 10 kmpl in cu=ity and 14 on highways,got minor scratches on the body as well,
As you have noted I am getting approximately same FE results in my S.

...and scratches too

Quote:
apart from that, it has been a good journey, i still feel my fiesta is only a day old baby,
I am glad to note that you are very happy with your Fiesta after one year of ownership, it gives confidence to newer owners (like me) of Fiestas.

Quote:
always try to keep it in a new condition,
Can you give an update on the scruff plates? How useful do you feel it has been over one year?

Please put up some photos of your car with the sport kit!
Damu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 13:47   #202
BHPian

Ruchir@, happy anniversary!

Mine completed 1 yr day before with 9.5K on the ODO ...got a overall detailing done complete with steamwash, shampooing, interior cleaning & conditioning, wax polish, ozone treatment etc etc.

The makeup has put it back into showroom condition.

W.r.t. to scuff plates, it is a scratch saver! No a single scratch, even on the scuff plates. Without it, the paint & finish would have surely taken a major hit.

How is you interiro leather holding up. Hoping you are treating it with leather conditioner once in a while.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 15:22   #203
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post

Can you give an update on the scruff plates? How useful do you feel it has been over one year?

Please put up some photos of your car with the sport kit!
Thanks... my friend,

about the scuff plates is already explained by sanjay and
You can find the snaps here in IDEAS FOR MODS thread...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...as-mods-7.html (Ford Fiesta 1.6 - Ideas for mods)

I have gone for most of the mods possible, the left ones as if now in my mind is air defractors and a touchscreen 2 din...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Ruchir@, happy anniversary!

Mine completed 1 yr day before with 9.5K on the ODO ...got a overall detailing done complete with steamwash, shampooing, interior cleaning & conditioning, wax polish, ozone treatment etc etc.

The makeup has put it back into showroom condition.

How is you interiro leather holding up. Hoping you are treating it with leather conditioner once in a while.
Hi sanjay, i am doing the waxing by myself only and is still not gone for any professional detailing, but your anniversary gift to ur beauty is motivating me as well to go for it...
how much did it cost you for complete cosmetics...
for leather one, i will use the jopasu one...
Old 21st December 2010, 15:43   #204
BHPian

Appx 2.5K for the complete package.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:49   #205
BANNED

the one thing which i complained in fiesta in my one year of ownership is the Gear System, it is quite stiff as compared to others... and to be on a more specific note as compared to city, my mamaji has a VMT model and i really love the gear system there, it is very soft and smooth while switching gears and hard for me in fiesta...
rest all is well...
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:58   #206
Senior - BHPian

Cool Re: My White Fiesta SXI

Quote:
the one thing which i complained in fiesta in my one year of ownership is the Gear System, it is quite stiff as compared to others... and to be on a more specific note as compared to city, my mamaji has a VMT model and i really love the gear system there, it is very soft and smooth while switching gears and hard for me in fiesta...
rest all is well...
@Ruchir,

Very surprising to hear that you feel the gear system is stiff. Actually the smooth buttery gear shift is the main USP of Fiesta. I find no stiffness when slotting gears. In fact most of the time I manage to do it with a finger with minimal effort, small throws and perfect slots every time. I feel you are gripping the gear knob too hard and shifting.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:25   #207
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Guys! We all bought our Fiestas around the same time! Mine completes 1 year with 10800 Kms on the odo.

Not a TOTALLY trouble free year though. Car's having a problem with the water pump. It's going to the service centre for the 3rd time next week to fix it. It's a kind of belt noise at 1000 - 1400 RPM. I think even abhipuru has the same problem.

Apart from the heartbreaks @ petrol bunk it's a brilliant driver's car. Can't ask for more at the price I got it for
  • 8-9 KmpL in City+Rs.60/litre of petrol: Brain says, "Are you mad? Replace the car with the Fiesta 1.4 TDCi"
  • 2000 RPM-It pulls;3000 RPM-It pulls madly;4000-It still pulls;5000-Doesn't cut off - Heart says, "Are you mad? Life ends @ 2500 ish RPM for the 1.4 TDCi. There's no way you are selling the RX100 equivalent of a car "
Edit: Ghodlur, you gotta drive the ANHC MT to understand what Ruchir is talking about! It's '0' effort featherlite gearshift. You can flip it using a single finger! A boon for some.

Last edited by kiku007 : 22nd December 2010 at 11:31.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:25   #208
BHPian

Quote:
the one thing which i complained in fiesta in my one year of ownership is the Gear System, it is quite stiff as compared to others...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Ruchir,

Very surprising to hear that you feel the gear system is stiff. Actually the smooth buttery gear shift is the main USP of Fiesta.
+1 to that. Fiesta gear system one of the best. Similar to one with ANHC. However I can tell you initial settings of smoothness went of before First service. I complained to Ford (directly, because talking to dealer is useless they tend to push addressing issue till service period, only to not address). After special check-up (and some thing they did I guess), Fiesta drive become so enjoyable!

To makes things easier Ford contacted me before (voluntarily ) scheduled second free service, took my feedback and asked dealer do check gear system. I still feel my gear system feels new! Thank you ford!
RaguHolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:24   #209
BHPian

I was also about to discuss this gear shift issue in Fiesta, but unfortunately I do not have a ownership thread yet to discuss. Neither I wanted to hijack someone's else.
However, as Ruchir brought this up, I also feel that it is stiff in some specific gear, whereas smooth in others.
For me, 4th -> 5th is not at all confidence inspiring, at least for me. During my initial days of ownership, I had even twice falsely tried to slot to 5th - once the gearbox screamed, the other time it was in neutral with the RPM needle being zoomed up. From that time, a fear always run in the back of my mind that it may happen again and that prevents me from quick shifting. I always take time (may be in in range of 2-3 seconds) while slotting to 5th. Even then I feel that it sometimes slot perfectly, sometimes not. But obviously the car moves properly. I have asked 1 friend and several ford workshop service advisors. But they seem to be perfectly fine with it. Apart from that, 1st -> 2nd is a little stiff for me.

On the other hand, shifting from 3rd -> 4th and vice versa is smoothest of all, followed by 2nd->3rd.

Am I doing things rightly?
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:33   #210
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
ANHC MT to understand what Ruchir is talking about! It's '0' effort featherlite gearshift. You can flip it using a single finger! A boon for some.
True friends, i do agree with you all, but once drive the ANHC and you will understand what i am talking about, fiesta is good in its own terms but once you benchmark it then it fails.....