Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd December 2010, 12:36   #211
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: My White Fiesta SXI

@kiku - I haven't had the chance of testing the gears in the ANHC (Way out of budget during my TD's).

@mayukh - Don't know if you are doing anything wrong but your concerns about hard shifting from 4th to 5th is purely in your mind. I think most of us were used to the long gear throws in our earlier vehicles (read Santro in my case) and it takes time to adjust to the shorter gear throws. But once you get used to it then no issues at all. Purely my thoughts.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 13:14   #212
BHPian

Default Re: My White Fiesta SXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Not a TOTALLY trouble free year though. Car's having a problem with the water pump. It's going to the service centre for the 3rd time next week to fix it. It's a kind of belt noise at 1000 - 1400 RPM. I think even abhipuru has the same problem.
Kiku007, I don't think so. Here's the latest post in my thread, but I am still confused.
Here it is-

Quote:
Today, the car came back home in the evening after a long drive spanning 70Km. Just before reaching home, it was tanked up to the brim.

Now, as soon as it came home I checked for that same vibration but surprisingly, there was no vibration this time around! It was just like new, smooth and cream-like revving

What do I make of this? Good Fuel? Optimum Engine Temperature i.e., a nicely warmed up Engine?
And here is my thread (New Fiesta 1.6S friction-like noise at around 1200rpm), I wish to see some more replies regarding this confusion of mine.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 09:42   #213
Senior - BHPian

@ Abhipuru

I think your issue could be with the fuel quality.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 15:06   #214
BANNED

hello friends,

my fiesta is now more than a year old and almost 10k driven, should i go for a wheel alignment or balancing, and is it really required...
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 15:31   #215
BHPian

Have you completed the 1st paid/1st-year-3rd service?

You should definitely go for wheel rotation (inter-changing of wheels between front/rear) if you have not done so.

Post the rotation, take a drive for few days and in case if you find any abnormality, like car pulling towards one side, then go in for alignment/balancing.

If I were you, I will pay up some 6-700 charges and get the rotation/balancing/alignment done at the a.s.s during the paid service to avoid hassles of driving back in case of problems later.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 16:13   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
If I were you, I will pay up some 6-700 charges and get the rotation/balancing/alignment done at the a.s.s during the paid service to avoid hassles of driving back in case of problems later.
I would rather suggest that this be done at the experts, ie the tyre shops who do this day in and day out.

From my personal experience between doing the same at the dealer's as well as from a reputed tyre shop, we have always preferred the latter - both me as well as my pocket.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 18:58   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I would rather suggest that this be done at the experts, ie the tyre shops who do this day in and day out.

From my personal experience between doing the same at the dealer's as well as from a reputed tyre shop, we have always preferred the latter - both me as well as my pocket.
Agree..expert is the keyword here. Since in Chennai, the 2 Ford a.s.s are pretty big and personally saw the sophisticated equipments avlbl with them, I prefer the a.s.s. Though it turns out to be 3/400/- costlier.
Old 7th January 2011, 19:08   #218
Senior - BHPian

^^ In which A.S.S did you see these sophisticated equipments?

I have the Ford A.S.S experience for nearly 6 years from Chennai/Bangalore/Ernakulam, not even once they could do the wheel alignment right. I have always had to take it to the 'experts' to get it right!
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 10:19   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
^^ In which A.S.S did you see these sophisticated equipments?

I have the Ford A.S.S experience for nearly 6 years from Chennai/Bangalore/Ernakulam, not even once they could do the wheel alignment right. I have always had to take it to the 'experts' to get it right!
Both at Chennai Ford/MPL Ford..

The way you are putting it seems that all cars undergoing alignment at these centers are running around mis-aligned. LOL.

The point is just like not all tyre shops can get things done correctly, similarly not all service centers can do the same all the time. Individual experiences will differ, and in your case, it surely seems to be bad experience. Wonder how many times you did alignment in 6 yrs!
Old 15th January 2011, 16:55   #220
BANNED

thanks guys for your inputs, i deduce that wheel rotation is a must and if required i will go for a wheel alignment as well, the ford A.S.S at my place is also not good for alignments, so will take the help of some aftermarket shop only,

is there any more activities to be done on a year old fiesta to keep it happy... and driving...
Old 17th January 2011, 07:30   #221
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: My White Fiesta SXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
is there any more activities to be done on a year old fiesta to keep it happy... and driving...
How about good interior and exterior cleaning to start with. Then you can start thinking about some other mods too.

Not all Ford A.S.S are bad for wheel alignment/balancing, its just that you can get it done better at other centres and at a lesser cost.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 08:54   #222
BANNED

right i got the idea, i will go for complete wheel alignment and car detailing from Carzspa at my place may be in next month....
Old 24th February 2011, 09:38   #223
BANNED

Car is now due for third service since it is around 7 months, an important update i got it that one should get all the service in time to avail a better benefit of EW,
friends tommorow my third service is due, any thing special to keep in mind,
i have thought of going for wheel alignment from outside, there is one thing i have noticed, there is churn sound coming from the Clutch while pressing...
Old 25th February 2011, 14:43   #224
BANNED

I have given my car for Third paid service today, along with the rear bumper damaged and one dent, i have asked the workshop mechanic to restore the beauty as close as possible, i have also opted for 3M paint protection coating at 1200 for one layer,
i will also go for first wheel alignment from outside today itself, i feel these steps will be okay for a car who has run almost 10500 km.
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:12   #225
BANNED

It is now the Fourth service done yesterday at 14k KM, it was a routine service which costed me around 2k, there were some touch ups done on the scratches and the major part was that i got my complete interior cleaned up, the interior including the biege roof top, side panels and leather upholstery were all dirty and the car cleaning man gave me the offer to clean the whole sum up, Really a great deal and i paid him 300 whereas the same would have been costed around 1200 at carszpa

i also got a chance to have a look at the new fiesta, it is a deliberate effort to make it look close to ANHC, but i seriously feel that it was good i purchased my old fiesta sxi,
the car was not as expected IMHO