Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd August 2011, 14:35   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My White Fiesta SXI

5 days back, I have washed my car and parked her in parking lot. Today I have tried to take out the car but wheels are not moving. When I press the accelarator, instead of moving, the car is lighly moving up i.e the wheel seems stuck (Wet weather here - continuous rain for many days). In the past also it happened but problem gets over once I depress the Brake peddel few times. But today it seems not working.. What could be the problem? Do I need to call the mechanics?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:19   #227
Senior - BHPian

Looks like your hand brakes are not releasing. I assume you are trying to reverse the car. Try to move forward if there is space. If not, try reversing giving little more throttle. This usually happens due to rust formation.
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:25   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Looks like your hand brakes are not releasing. I assume you are trying to reverse the car. Try to move forward if there is space. If not, try reversing giving little more throttle. This usually happens due to rust formation.
Both way I tried to move but no movement other than the car keep raising.!
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:49   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
If only the hand brake is jammed, the rear will rise when you reverse and rear will be lowered when you try to move forward. If this is the case, tray to move the car back by applying some throttle. Otherwise, please consult the service guys.
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:25   #230
Senior - BHPian

The rear side is the one rising up and down either moving forward or reverse motion.
Old 3rd August 2011, 18:16   #231
BHPian

Your rear brakes are jammed nothing to worry just remove the tires and bang lightly with a hammer on the drum(D.I.Y) or just call a tire puncture guy he will do it for you,if this doesn't work then you need professional help.
P.S Never use your handbrake in rainy season while the car is parked.
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 17:16   #232
Senior - BHPian

Just to try, I did bang the rear left tyre 4/5 times with a hammer and the tyre started rotating. So there was no need of removing the tyre. Thanks your advises.!
Old 4th August 2011, 18:41   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nairji, its been a long time. From the post I am happy to realize that your Fiesta is showing tendencies of becoming a private jet. Tow it out to the open space and try again, it its a successful take off, call me, I want to meet you

Had you taken the extended warranty by the way ? What is the ODO and how is the overall experience so far ?
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 10:06   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Nairji, its been a long time. From the post I am happy to realize that your Fiesta is showing tendencies of becoming a private jet. Tow it out to the open space and try again, it its a successful take off, call me, I want to meet you

Had you taken the extended warranty by the way ? What is the ODO and how is the overall experience so far ?
The problem is solved after giving few bangs on to the sides of the tyre (as explained above). The ODO is only 8500kms. EW already taken (when purchased the car).
Old 5th August 2011, 11:01   #235
BANNED

Quote:
The problem is solved after giving few bangs on to the sides of the tyre (as explained above). The ODO is only 8500kms. EW already taken (when purchased the car).
hi, your ODO is just 8500 kms and i thought i am the one who is keeping my beast idle always, i suppose we both have purchased the fiesta in a small gap of interval only, mine ODO reads 14500 kms and when i took my car for the fourth service, the people there made me believe that i am not at all using the car as for the fourth service it is 18 months of 30k Kms
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 11:46   #236
Senior - BHPian

ODO is low because I do not take out the car for small distance driving for which I use the two wheeler. This is due to the parking problem and traffic congestions (In last 2.5 years I have used the two wheeler for almost 11,000kms ). The car is mainly used for family outings or long distance driving.
Old 5th August 2011, 14:48   #237
BANNED

Ok, nice
I am just thinking of doing some more add on to my fiesta, an idea came across to add some side graphics to give it a new individual look, i came across the below site which specializes in graphics
Decal Style - Customized Car Graphics, Wall Stickers & Laptop Tattoos in India
Old 13th December 2011, 15:55   #238
BANNED

I got my battery checked at my Company campus for free and to my utter surprise the car battery was almost dry out of distilled water, the car will get 2 years old in next 10 days and it is pathetic to see that after 4 services, these ford guys did not cared even to check the battery and how fool i was that my battery will definitely be in flying colors.
Old 14th December 2011, 08:33   #239
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: My White Fiesta SXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I got my battery checked at my Company campus for free and to my utter surprise the car battery was almost dry out of distilled water, the car will get 2 years old in next 10 days and it is pathetic to see that after 4 services, these ford guys did not cared even to check the battery and how fool i was that my battery will definitely be in flying colors.
Isnt the battery in Fiesta a maintenance free battery? Thats what I thought so since I did not see any topping up points on the battery. Need to reconfirm again. But thanks for reminding, will get it keep it in mind when I go for my Fiesta service due in the first week of Jan.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 08:48   #240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Isnt the battery in Fiesta a maintenance free battery? Thats what I thought so since I did not see any topping up points on the battery. Need to reconfirm again. But thanks for reminding, will get it keep it in mind when I go for my Fiesta service due in the first week of Jan.
Even i thought so and there are plastic screws there to check the acid level, only you need to open it up and check.
ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote