Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd February 2010, 19:45   #91
BHPian

Ruchir is not facing any difficulty...it seems he is too busy scouting for a GPS navigator, and only with the help of gps navigation, he will drive out

Running for cover....
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:37   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
It looks nice.

Can you please help me with your sunfilm specifications? That will help me much.

Thanks in advance.
I got a Garware ICECOOL Multiorganometallic Windshield Sunfilm for Windscreen and Garware ICECOOL Multiorganometallic GRAND for my side and back glasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
That is one spotless white beauty.

Seems like you have'nt yet removed the polythene covers from passenger seats? It is so?
Yup, want to have a new feeling for some more time

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
wow! A question arose in my mind- Did you find it difficult to maintain this colour (white).
Nope, not much and with jopasu duster maintaining has become more easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
yes, I too noticed?
He may be wanting to have the feeling that the car is still brand new just out of showroom? -LOL

But I think you will get a bad smell (from the plastic/polythene covers)when the car is parked under sun for some time
Correct, just want to have a new feeling, will remove it soon
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 14:07   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Ruchir is not facing any difficulty...it seems he is too busy scouting for a GPS navigator, and only with the help of gps navigation, he will drive out
Running for cover....
nothing like this dear, driving is going and GPS will not enhance it
Old 24th February 2010, 16:46   #94
BHPian

Quote:
But I think you will get a bad smell (from the plastic/polythene covers)when the car is parked under sun for some time
I have kept mine too. May be I am too sceptical about the dirt the beige will acquire after removing the covers. The passenger head rest already has spots from someone's oiled hairs.

But as far as the smell is concerned, what I only get is that of the car perfume - My Shaldon Lemon. It's so strong that it overrides all others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I got a Garware ICECOOL Multiorganometallic Windshield Sunfilm for Windscreen and Garware ICECOOL Multiorganometallic GRAND for my side and back glasses.
Thanks for the information ruchir. How is the feel now? Was the installation proper? No air bubbles? Would you mind sharing the total cost?
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 17:14   #95
Senior - BHPian

Is it the new place for "scattered fiestians of India" ?

Ruchir, I didnt get the Icecool variant you mentioned here. Could you mention the price part ? I had installed the same for around 2.5k and it has a light green tint seen from outside, light blue tint from inside the car when exposed to sun. I find it cutting glare in the night too ! Money well-spent.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 17:42   #96
BHPian

Quote:
I have kept mine too. May be I am too sceptical about the dirt the beige will acquire after removing the covers. The passenger head rest already has spots from someone's oiled hairs.
If I an not wrong, all CALCUTTANS like that way for the 1st year;-}. But be careful, leather AFAIK, needs some breathing.

But as far as the smell is concerned, what I only get is that of the car perfume - My Shaldon Lemon. It's so strong that it overrides all others.
Wait till the 1st mm evaporates..after that it is pure crap material;-}

Thanks for the information ruchir. How is the feel now? Was the installation proper? No air bubbles? Would you mind sharing the total cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Is it the new place for "scattered fiestians of India" ?
Currently, the scattered Fiestians continue to remain scattered! We should wait for some Figo guy to start a ownership thread..we can regroup there!IMO.

Ruchir, I didnt get the Icecool variant you mentioned here. Could you mention the price part ? I had installed the same for around 2.5k and it has a light green tint seen from outside, light blue tint from inside the car when exposed to sun. I find it cutting glare in the night too ! Money well-spent.
So, you're back! With your wisecracks! Ensure to be generous enough and grace each Fiestan's thread with equal amount of your wisecracks..any bias towards a particular Fiestian will result in thread closure
Old 24th February 2010, 17:50   #97
Senior - BHPian

Why dont one of you start another Thread and we can continue from where it was stopped (or closed?)?
It is the only way to regroup the 'scattered Fiestans'?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 17:57   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why dont one of you start another Thread and we can continue from where it was stopped (or closed?)?
Is this aimed at Shaju? Is he gonna bell the cat? Let's select one thread to hang out in everyday. What say Nairsaab? That will reduce the 'scattering' effect.

sanjay, are the plastic covers still on in your car? That was tell us if you are a Calcuttan or a Madarasi. lol

My Poppy perfume is all gone. Want a change now. Is My Shaldan any good?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 18:12   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Is this aimed at Shaju? Is he gonna bell the cat? Let's select one thread to hang out in everyday. What say Nairsaab? That will reduce the 'scattering' effect.

sanjay, are the plastic covers still on in your car? That was tell us if you are a Calcuttan or a Madarasi. lol

My Poppy perfume is all gone. Want a change now. Is My Shaldan any good?
Nope, my plastic covers were removed as soon as the sunfilm got installed! I am "when in Rome, be like a Roman" kinda guy! Right now I am a full sambar/idly/dahisapar man (except for the local lingo).

Next, I am going to try out those natural/organic essential oils..getting tired of the lemon/lavender routine stuff. Like these ones:

Home Fragrances, items on auctions & discount prices on eBay India

eBay India: Reed Diffuser -Smokeless 24 hour fragrance of your home (item 180472801151 end time 02-Mar-2010 00:03:18 IST)
Old 24th February 2010, 19:32   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, you're back!......any bias towards a particular Fiestian will result in thread closure
Sanjay, its a fact we have lost our HOME (fiesta thread), but that doesnt mean I have to go and sleep in everybody's home on a roll-call basis, I lose my reputation (if there is any) !!

Quote:
Nairji, we dont have the guts to see another 'lathi-charge' and 'tear-gas' usage happening to fiestians. So lets keep it as it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
sanjay, are the plastic covers still on in your car? .......Is My Shaldan any good?
Someone told me "if plastic covers are kept on, it will increase the resale value later". LOLLL. So now you know whats the intention of people keeping it ON. I removed it on my way from showroom to home (delivery day). Forget that, what about people keeping the showroom ribbon ON for over a month ? Thank God, Ford is not giving a fresh flower bouquet pasted on the roof, some people would keep it until the stems get roots on the roof.

If you are moving from Poppy to My Shaldan for the first time, you will never buy Poppy again, I can gurantee that ! I have used Lemon, Lime and now Aqua. Its too good.

Quote:
Next, I am going to try out those natural/organic essential oils..getting tired of the lemon/lavender routine stuff.
Taking a proper oil bath once a week also can make a lot of difference inside the car. Sanjay, you should try it.
Old 25th February 2010, 08:53   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Installation was good, there was only a single air bubble on side glass which they removed on post checkup, rest i feel the cost endured is worth
Icecool Shield for Windscreen at discounted price 2000 (actual price2800) with 78% HR
Icecool GRAND for side and back glasses at discounted price 4800 (actual price 6200) with 70% HR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
shaju, i have answered above, which one you have installed? for side glasses and back or on windshield, Garware have various products

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 25th February 2010 at 08:55.
Old 25th February 2010, 09:36   #102
Senior - BHPian

I think shaju is correct -let the 'scattered' ones be there and meet like this (in someone's thread). If anyone want any special information, they can still see the closed thread (all fiesta owners - you are there) because so many things clarified/anewered about fiesta and its accessories in that thread. It is still available to view?

Regarding removal of plastic covers - you removed on the way after taking delivery.
But I was one step ahead of you- I asked the showroom people to remove the plastics there itself, prior I tookover the car!?
Old 25th February 2010, 10:02   #103
BANNED

Quote:
It is still available to view?
Regarding removal of plastic covers - you removed on the way after taking delivery.
Yes, it is still available to view, and regarding the plastics, i am not much bothered as there is pleasant temperature here, may be i will remove in the coming weeks if it will feel uncomfortable.

After exactly 2 months i went to ford for my RC and EW certificate, i got my RC but for EW he told me to send the soft copy through mail

Last edited by Dippy : 20th March 2010 at 16:15. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 25th February 2010, 12:33   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After exactly 2 months i went to ford for my RC and EW certificate, i got my RC but for EW he told me to send the soft copy through mail
+
See that EW certificate signed/stamped by either the Dealer or Ford.
(mine was signed by the dealer)
Old 25th February 2010, 13:37   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
which one you have installed?
Ruchi (sounds girlie girlie ), I got the windscreen shield, looks like you got it 500 bucks cheaper !! Great.

Quote:
Regarding removal of plastic covers - you removed on the way after taking delivery. But I was one step ahead of you- I asked the showroom people to remove the plastics there itself, prior I tookover the car!?
Agreed you are advanced in many ways, but if I asked the showroom boy, he would have expected another 50 bucks from me which I saved by doing it myself and put an extra litre of petrol, LOL.

Quote:
regarding the plastics, i am not much bothered as there is pleasant temperature here, may be i will remove in the coming weeks if it will feel uncomfortable.
Ruchi, dont remove it please. It will boost the resale value if you maintain the seats in 'mint' condition.