Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th February 2010, 14:17   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Someone told me "if plastic covers are kept on, it will increase the resale value later". LOLLL. So now you know whats the intention of people keeping it ON. I removed it on my way from showroom to home (delivery day). Forget that, what about people keeping the showroom ribbon ON for over a month ? Thank God, Ford is not giving a fresh flower bouquet pasted on the roof, some people would keep it until the stems get roots on the roof.
On the day that I took delivery, there was a white Fiesta standing there with a blue stain across the bonnet. The boys were rubbing and doing all kinds of things, but the stain just would not disappear completely. I found that the owner had run the car with a blue ribbon for weeks together and when the rains started, there was a nice blue stain on the bonnet.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 15:52   #107
BANNED

Angry

Quote:
Ruchi (sounds girlie girlie ),

Ruchi, dont remove it please. It will boost the resale value if you maintain the seats in 'mint' condition.
I do not thinking making fun of names is allowed in a public forum, and should be looked upon

and i do not why the "removing plastics" is made a NATIONAL issue, its all a personal choice or may be i am not that much serious on that.
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 16:29   #108
Senior - BHPian

Comeon bro, we are not discussing Indo-Pak issues here with a sprained neck and strained brain. Its a friendly forum with lot of humour and sharing and things that even lead to good family friends around us. So nobody tries to hurt some feelings purposely, neither do I. Dont be too serious, relax and have some fun around here.

Ruchi is infact my neighbour girl, so there is nothing wrong in that name, she is cute too. And about the plastic, its purely personal choice. Majority comments about it, because people hate to see plastic remaining on a good looking car. The actual purpose of that plastic is to protect the seats from the manufacturing plant to the showroom. You paid 7+ laks to sit on a plastic sheet ? Think about that. Simple.

If I sounded like making fun of you in any post, SORRY for that, lets smile each other and go forward. I dont care if someone calls me a 'moron' or an 'idiot' because I am not posting here for a popularity contest nor for any personal gain.
shajufx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 16:37   #109
Senior - BHPian

ruchir, you appear to have taken shaju's attempt at humor in the wrong way.

The other day I went to a furniture shop. They had leather couches and mattresses covered in plastic sheets as well. Now would you sit on a leather couch with plastic covers on top in your living room? I would not and I am guessing neiher would you. But it's your car and you can do whatever you want with it of course.
Old 25th February 2010, 16:53   #110
BANNED

Quote:
If I sounded like making fun of you in any post, SORRY for that, lets smile each other and go forward. I dont care if someone calls me a 'moron' or an 'idiot' because I am not posting here for a popularity contest nor for any personal gain.
not an issue, only the way of making fun did not looked sporty
No grudges dear , we all are a BHPIAN family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
ruchir, you appear to have taken shaju's attempt at humor in the wrong way.
You are right regarding the plastics, even my 80% of them had gone apart, it is just that i have not bothered much on that and so it remained as it is.
Old 25th February 2010, 17:03   #111
Senior - BHPian

A small plastic issue has come up so heavily,
common lets drop this issue and come back to Fiesta?? Okay?

Shaju is now smiling - Ruchir, you reciprocate -and all going fine now
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 20:19   #112
BHPian

Ruchir bhai, kya yaar? Gussa thook do boss.

Now you know, why I am not creating a thread of my own! Just waiting for Shaju to get banned;-}

Shaju, just a friendly reminder - no wifey/gf allowed - not even "friendly neighborhood" kinds - you know what happened becos of this.

Ruchir, please do not take the plastic advise in any unpleasant way..keeping the plastics just goes to show how much you love your car and care for it. Now that your car is more than a month new, it is time to give the leather seats some "leather polish or conditioner" treatment.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 21:12   #113
BHPian

I do not have a ownership therad now, nethir do we have Nairji's therad.

Hence, I want to discuss a small problem in my Fiesta here only.

There seems to be a feeble sound coming when I drive on un-smooth roads. I cant explain but something like 'kach-kach'. May be like water moving a closed container. And it is coming from inside the cabin.
It can be heard only when the window is rolled up and blower set to 1 only and no music being played.

I am not sure about the exact source, but something from behind the driver's side. Again I am not sure.

What cane be the reason for this? Any quick fix. Anyway I am going to the service center this Sat.
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 22:11   #114
BHPian

Mayukh,

Nairji's personal thread is very much there alive and kicking.

Regarding the sound, try removing the perfume bottle, idol, all glove box contents, loose change/items from all places..remember there is a small storage box under the steering as well.

Also, ensure the seat belts metal buckles are not rubbing against the plastic..if required fasten all the seatbelts to rule out this as a source.

Check for any loose stuff in the boot. Ensure to push the cup holder behind the handbrake, fully so that it is tight.

Just give a little shake to the windows when fully shut, to rule out any fitting issues with the glass.

Move the drivers/front passenger seats front or backwards to ensure that it is latched into position.

Keychain/Keys rubbing against each other/steering may be the culprit as well.

I will not suggest going to a service station and give those guys a blank check to identify the noise..they might turn everything upside down and make the situation worse. It will be better if you remove everything you possible can from inside and boot of the vehicle, then check if the noise still remains. Try taking a ride late night/early morning when it is more quieter outside, to have a better feeling of the sound.

If all fails, then maybe it needs some further investigation at the a.s.s
Old 26th February 2010, 09:47   #115
Senior - BHPian

@mayukh
Yes, as Sanjay said, my personal thread is on (only the common thread ''all fiesta owners -you are here' was closed but still there to 'view' only) and active ( I recently uploaded the photo of the tyre pressure gauge etc).

Regarding the sound - since when you are getting or you came to know about such sound? As suggested by Sanjay, you may check all those possibilities prior taking the car to workshop. Also try driving the car for few more days and see where exactly the sound coming from?
Old 26th February 2010, 13:31   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Mayukh,

Nairji's personal thread is very much there alive and kicking.

Regarding the sound, try removing the perfume bottle, idol, all glove box contents, loose change/items from all places..remember there is a small storage box under the steering as well.

Also, ensure the seat belts metal buckles are not rubbing against the plastic..if required fasten all the seatbelts to rule out this as a source.

Check for any loose stuff in the boot. Ensure to push the cup holder behind the handbrake, fully so that it is tight.

Just give a little shake to the windows when fully shut, to rule out any fitting issues with the glass.

Move the drivers/front passenger seats front or backwards to ensure that it is latched into position.

Keychain/Keys rubbing against each other/steering may be the culprit as well.

I will not suggest going to a service station and give those guys a blank check to identify the noise..they might turn everything upside down and make the situation worse. It will be better if you remove everything you possible can from inside and boot of the vehicle, then check if the noise still remains. Try taking a ride late night/early morning when it is more quieter outside, to have a better feeling of the sound.

If all fails, then maybe it needs some further investigation at the a.s.s
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@mayukh
Yes, as Sanjay said, my personal thread is on (only the common thread ''all fiesta owners -you are here' was closed but still there to 'view' only) and active ( I recently uploaded the photo of the tyre pressure gauge etc).

Regarding the sound - since when you are getting or you came to know about such sound? As suggested by Sanjay, you may check all those possibilities prior taking the car to workshop. Also try driving the car for few more days and see where exactly the sound coming from?
By nairji's thread, I meant to refer to "All fiest owners...you are here" thread only. I just forgot that nairji have a personal thread of his own.
Regarding the noise:
Initially, I used to hear this feeble noise once in while, may be while driving on undulating, rough roads. But nowadays, I am hearing it much more often, though the feelbleness is same. That is why I got concerned to take it to the A.S.S.
But after hearing you all, I will postpone my visit and try it out myself. I agree that there are lot of loose items in my car. Let me test it out and then I will let you know.
Just to confirm: I should be hearing only the tyre noise to some extent inside the cabin (with windows rolled up), nothing else. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance. I just salute you all. The manner in which you help newbies like me is just unbelievable.
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 13:54   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Just to confirm: I should be hearing only the tyre noise to some extent inside the cabin (with windows rolled up), nothing else. Am I correct?
Yes, on smooth roads, you should hear only tire noise. Thuds will also be heard on bad roads. I have a feeling you have a loose water bottle under the front seats.
Old 26th February 2010, 15:16   #118
BANNED

Quote:
Ruchir, please do not take the plastic advise in any unpleasant way..keeping the plastics just goes to show how much you love your car and care for it. Now that your car is more than a month new, it is time to give the leather seats some "leather polish or conditioner" treatment.
sanjay, this is the way of telling things

we all are here to discuss and help each other and the forum as a whole not to pull legs of each other,
and now ALL IZZ WELL between us yaar.
Old 26th February 2010, 17:42   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
sanjay, this is the way of telling things

we all are here to discuss and help each other and the forum as a whole not to pull legs of each other,
and now ALL IZZ WELL between us yaar.
Hey RuchirTNT, great. Let's all smoke the peace pipe, in the name of Alfred Nobel, who invented dynamite a.k.a TNT. Now do'nt blast me for playing with you tbhp id...

Others, now that this is sorted out, I am taking this appreciation from Ruchir, as a official appointment to being the "AgonyAunt" for Fiestians
=========

2% hike in excise on big cars! Does Fiesta qualify as a "big car" (it does not look so) and will the price go north?
Old 26th February 2010, 17:49   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2% hike in excise on big cars! Does Fiesta qualify as a "big car" (it does not look so) and will the price go north?
+
Yes, I think they will catch all C segment onwards cars and slap the duty increase - so the basic increase will be around Rs.18/20000/-? (basic excise duty increase which will make higher showroom price and then add to that Road tax.?)