Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th February 2010, 15:04   #121
BHPian

I had the plastic covers on too, for a few days after getting the car & my wife kept barging me for not taking them off as they were bound to attract "evil eyes".
nura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 18:40   #122
BHPian

Hi Ruchir..long time no updates. Hope all is well...a few of the Fiesta's have to go in for band-aids and makeover...

I was particularly interested in your GPS setup..have you fixed the same in your car..How about the videos etc..?
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 09:31   #123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
I was particularly interested in your GPS setup..have you fixed the same in your car..How about the videos etc..?
Hello sanjay, the VX140 i have is not of much use, i have kept it at my home rather than putting up in the car, a sheer waste of money in recent times,
here are the insights:

1. my place lucknow is very poorly mapped, only MOST major routes covered and rest no coverage, many a times it seems i am driving in AIR
(this is the inputs based on GPS coverage at my place)

2. as boosted by MMI, the areas near by Lucknow are not even mapped, i went to a place called sitapur, lakhimpur and there was no directions there

3. The connectivity with satellite takes a lot of time and is not a ready reckoner

4. even when the machine is placed at my table, still the voice aides suggests to turn LEFT & RIGHT THIS HAS BECOME A FUN GADGET FOR THE FAMILY

5. Battery backup is very very poor, i can use it for not more than 15 - 20 minutes after full charging

6. now apart from GPS, the bluetooth is OK and movie play is also OK but if you will install the movie in the MMI memory card the movie gets HANG UP

I Dont know if the MMI will come to my rescue otherwise personally i will not advice this gadget to anybody
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 10:00   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Hello sanjay, the VX140 i have is not of much use, i have kept it at my home rather than putting up in the car, a sheer waste of money in recent times,
here are the insights:

1. my place lucknow is very poorly mapped, only MOST major routes covered and rest no coverage, many a times it seems i am driving in AIR
(this is the inputs based on GPS coverage at my place)

2. as boosted by MMI, the areas near by Lucknow are not even mapped, i went to a place called sitapur, lakhimpur and there was no directions there

3. The connectivity with satellite takes a lot of time and is not a ready reckoner

4. even when the machine is placed at my table, still the voice aides suggests to turn LEFT & RIGHT THIS HAS BECOME A FUN GADGET FOR THE FAMILY

5. Battery backup is very very poor, i can use it for not more than 15 - 20 minutes after full charging

6. now apart from GPS, the bluetooth is OK and movie play is also OK but if you will install the movie in the MMI memory card the movie gets HANG UP

I Dont know if the MMI will come to my rescue otherwise personally i will not advice this gadget to anybody
+
Seems some problem with your device

=Battery back up is good in my device (I have used upto 45minutes
continuously-still there was power available)..

=Maps- what I have seen was that it is not accurate to give hill stations
(ghat's). I too had experienced difficulty when climbing up/down hill
stations.

=Talking when it is in idle position (on your table)-Incase you activate
the device and select a destination, it will show some route near your place and definitely will say 'turn right or left'

still you can check with MMI and get clarified on all matters?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 11:37   #125
BANNED

My First Fiesta service is due on 22.03.2010, got a reminder letter from Ford dealer
and they fixed up the date with the service engineer, seems a better response than the maruti's
Old 16th March 2010, 14:13   #126
BHPian

In fact they are so good that they send me reminder post, gave me a call and sent an email as well (all from Chennai Ford), even though I had completed my 1st service in Jan itself. They kept on calling me till some 2 weeks back and I then thought of taking a 2nd 1st free service.

Now that your 1st service is due, any issues/niggles in your list to sort out?
Old 17th March 2010, 08:55   #127
BANNED

Quote:
Now that your 1st service is due, any issues/niggles in your list to sort out?
nope, it seems All IZZ Well,
Old 17th March 2010, 11:50   #128
BANNED

Is there any other addition of accessories which can be added in fiesta apart from Spoiler,
I have added the following till date:

1. Ford Floor and Boot matt
2. Sporty pedal kit
3. Scuff Plates
4. Windshield and glasses Sun Film
5. Visor CD case
6. Mobile charger
7. Perfume
8. GPS VX140
9. Pillows
10. Neck Rest
11. Mud flaps

Air deflector can be nice addition
Old 17th March 2010, 12:08   #129
BHPian

Looking at what you have, foll. stuff you may be interested in:
-Rear Bumper Load Protector Decal 1500/- - this is kind of shiny black, thick silicon sticker which can be pasted on the boot (just below the number plate)..this prevent any scracthes when loading/unloading heavy items like suitcases from the boot

- Emergency Lamp 500/- lamp with a long wire which can be connected to the 12V socket..it can reach till the rear tyres and can be used in the dark.

- Air Deflector, IMO, is best left for MUV/SUVs..on sedans, it will spoil the look.

What about LCD screen or dvd player? Carputer? Car Fridge? Better ICE? Sexy Keychain? GPS Logger?

You can add Tyre Puncture Repair Kit, Air Pump, Tyre Pressure gauge, Digital clock/temperature/humidity display.

Since Fiesta has only one pocket (at the rear of front passenger seat), you can have some specially designed pocket/holders which can be hung at the back from the driver seat neckrest..

Did you install parking sensor?

Have a look at The Ford Collection - Apparel, T Shirts, Hats, Caps, Keychains, Merchandise ..loads of ford branded accessories at low prices provided you have someone in the US.

Also, explore eBay auto accessories section for more stuffs like laptop tray,compass etc.

What about cleaning/maintenance like wax/soap/leather solutions/microfiber/water hose? Please list what you have purchased till now. Post my Calcutta trip, all such items I purchased was taken out from car and kept at home, since I had to give the car for service..post that becos of laziness, have not arranged back all these items. Planning to do this weekend..then I will list all items I have procured.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:53   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
There seems to be a feeble sound coming when I drive on un-smooth roads. I cant explain but something like 'kach-kach'. May be like water moving a closed container. And it is coming from inside the cabin.

I am not sure about the exact source, but something from behind the driver's side. Again I am not sure.
I also have noticed this sound- I believe it is the fuel in the tank swaying and making the noise - like of you were to take a huge plastic container and fill it half way up and slowly undulate it. Does not sound so pronounced when tank is full.
lin-jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 16:10   #131
BANNED

Two more left to be added:

1. Ford Floor and Boot matt
2. Sporty pedal kit
3. Scuff Plates
4. Windshield and glasses Sun Film
5. Visor CD case
6. Mobile charger
7. Perfume
8. GPS VX140
9. Pillows
10. Neck Rest
11. Mud flaps
12. Autocop Parking sensor
13. Key chain
14. Jopasu car care pack
15. Eureka forbes euroclean

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 17th March 2010 at 16:11. Reason: new addition
Old 18th March 2010, 20:13   #132
BHPian

Eureka forbes euroclean - is this especially designed for car vaccum cleaning or for indoor home use as well?

Also, since both of us are having an SXI, can u confirm at point the temperature gauge needle rests in you car? For me, it is just a shade below the halfway mark (around 60).
Old 19th March 2010, 08:58   #133
BANNED

Quote:
Eureka forbes euroclean - is this especially designed for car vaccum cleaning or for indoor home use as well?

Also, since both of us are having an SXI, can u confirm at point the temperature gauge needle rests in you car? For me, it is just a shade below the halfway mark (around 60).
I have purchased it specifically for the car since it is small in size,
and related to the temperature gauge, i will check today and confirm you once i am back to the car,

one more update i got yesterday is that the price of SXI has risen from 7.84 to 8.10 lac
Old 19th March 2010, 09:40   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

+
I think all models will have this same temperature gauge reading-one point less than the halfway mark (yes around 60)?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 10:41   #135
BANNED

Got one smart advice on Spoiler, the dealer told me that it looks better to have a spoiler, but as the time goes on and car goes through all potholes then there are chances that the holes for spoiler becomes big and will cause rattling noise of the spoiler which will not be good