Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st December 2009, 22:47   #16
BHPian

Hi Kalyan,
First, let me congratulate for your ANHC. I am sure you will enjoy your daily commute. The driving pleasure will be great. Before I bought the car, I was very much into buying the reverse parking sensors, but after parking/reversing for last few days, I am used to it. Hence, I am not going for these sensors. My another suggestion, you may consider filling nitrogen air in the tires.
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 01:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
I think you should go in for sl.a. who has seen 10 years from now? isn't it? Its a very long shot!
You are right, the second ones have 5 year warranty. On the other hand, a 3 year warranty does not mean the sun film will stop functioning after that duration.

Quote:
Airfreshner
I haven't been using an Airfreshner in my Santro for about 2 years now. The only concern of having to use it in the new car was to get off the odor emanating from the interiors in the initial few weeks/ months.

Quote:
Reverse sensors
I am not an expert on this, so i will let it be. There are loads of guys who can suggest you on this in the forum out here.
As another BHPian(Fstlndrive) suggested, I think I am going to drive just as it is for a while before finalising on this.

Quote:
My other suggestion would be to get the seat covers done to save the original ones.
I am going to wait until I've spoilt the stock ones before I go for new seat covers. We never needed to change from the stock ones in our Santro(in about 4 1/2 years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
I would like to suggest you one thing is to fill the nitrogen air on the tires. I filled in mine. Regarding your rear parking sensors, I also wanted to go for one. But after driving in a month, now I cam comfortable parking and/or reversing. Now, reverse parking sensors are not in my list. I suggest that you drive some days and still if you need parking sensors, then go for it.
Thanks for the wishes.

Is Nitrogen air available everywhere? How do I know if the air being filled in is indeed Nitrogen air? What's the advantage with using Nitrogen air? Is it legal?

Regarding the rear parking sensors, I too feel that in the current situation, I would rather wait and let myself get comfortable with the car first and if I feel there still is a need, only then go for them.

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 1st January 2010 at 01:39.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 10:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

Thanks for the wishes.

Is Nitrogen air available everywhere? How do I know if the air being filled in is indeed Nitrogen air? What's the advantage with using Nitrogen air? Is it legal?

Regarding the rear parking sensors, I too feel that in the current situation, I would rather wait and let myself get comfortable with the car first and if I feel there still is a need, only then go for them.
Hi Kalyan,
It must be available in major metros including Hyderabad. The advantages of the nitrogen air are, it is larger than normal air, hence do not escape through the tires. It is an inert gas and hence it does not get hot in summers or during long drives. Only thing is it costs to fill each tire. I paid Rs. 20 per tire. Not all the tire shops have this facility. In my past experience (I owned a BMW 325i for last 6 years in USA; and I filled the nitrogen gas in it. And the air pressure is always same and lasted more than a year before I topped up with nitrogen again). Also, I filled the nitrogen 33 psi all around (although recommended is 32 psi in front and 30 psi in rear. I do not understand why this difference in India. In USA, all civic, corolla have 30 psi all four tires, although the weight ratio front to back is 60:40-like ANHC.)
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 21:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Only thing is it costs to fill each tire. I paid Rs. 20 per tire.
however, in Bangalore, its Rs.10 per tyre. Nitrogen is widely available here. I presume the scene is pretty much the same in Hyderabad.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi Kalyan_hyd

Nice to see your ownership thread.
Your ANHC looks just great, Congratulations on your new car.
Hope you have a great ownership years ahead.

Drive Safe, Have Fun.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 10:39   #21
BHPian

Congratulations Kalyan. Welcome to the proud ANHC club. Nice write up.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 12:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
And the air pressure is always same and lasted more than a year before I topped up with nitrogen again).
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation.

I will see if I can get Nitogen air filled easily here in Hyderabad. I have the habit of getting tyre pressure checked every time I top-up the fuel tank(once in two weeks is my average). I do it at a Shell outlet. So, once I get Nitogen air in, won't I need to visit the same place again and again to get the tyre pressure checked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond
Congratulations on your new car.
Thanks for the wishes. I have benefited a lot from your thread and I hope this thread might help a few people too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk
Congratulations Kalyan. Welcome to the proud ANHC club. Nice write up.
Thanks for the wishes and the compliment.

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 4th January 2010 at 12:28.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:05   #23
BHPian

Hi Kalyan_hyd, congratulations on your new car. It's a brilliant car; you wil not repent your decision in the future. I am sure you would like to keep this car at least 5-6 years.

On accessories:
a. Freshner: Go for the gel based ones. It comes in a small round container and smells are very nice. I got one in a very nice lime fragrance and it very refreshing particularly for long journies if you are on AC.

b. Sun film: Go for 50/70 shades. It's worth. I feel the premium series is just fine.

c. puncture kit: it comes from Honda (at least that's the case for me!) as an essential accessory. Please check with your dealer.

d. Rear parking sensor: I got one of Circuit make; it costed me Rs.5500 including installation; I got this done at the dealership itself and I felt comfortable that way. I am sure, you will get at least Rs500 cheaper outside. The unit is based on ultrasound sonar technology and it has a very small display unit that can be mounted on the dash (in my case, it si mounted on top of the rear view finder). I found this device to be pretty reliable. Trust me, it is very useful while reversing the car.

On filling nitrogen please consider following point:
Already normal air that we breathe consists of 78% nitrogen. So, why bother about getting another 20% or so ( I feel getting 100% nitrogen in standard petrol bunks will be really difficult)?

Cheers
Pratim

Last edited by pratim : 4th January 2010 at 15:12.
pratim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 15:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the wishes. I have benefited a lot from your thread and I hope this thread might help a few people too.
I am happy that my ANHC ownership thread was of use to you.
I am sure your thread would be useful to many potential buyers
hence keep posting your experiences, opinions and feedback regularly.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 15:16   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
congratulations on your new car.
Thanks for the wishes, Pratim.

Quote:
Rear parking sensor: I got one of Circuit make. I found this device to be pretty reliable. Trust me, it is very useful while reversing the car.
The issue in my case is that the dealer is not offering me anything apart from the Honda fitted rear parking sensors(costing Rs 19,900.00). I have inquired the car decor shops around and there are all kinds of sensors(Autocop, RajatDeep, Xenos, etc) but I am not comfortable getting this done outside. So, I can either check with the other Honda dealer we have here in Hyderabad or cancel my plans for getting one installed altogether.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
The issue in my case is that the dealer is not offering me anything apart from the Honda fitted rear parking sensors(costing Rs 19,900.00). I have inquired the car decor shops around and there are all kinds of sensors(Autocop, RajatDeep, Xenos, etc) but I am not comfortable getting this done outside. So, I can either check with the other Honda dealer we have here in Hyderabad or cancel my plans for getting one installed altogether.
Hi Kalyan,
When I checked with Magnum Honda in Bangalore, they charged me 3.5K for it, am not sure how effective it is. The one that you're talking about (costs 19,900), does it have camera and an LCD display or something?
The one that I am talking about (costs 3.5K) works on infrared sensor and a small B/W lcd display.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Hi Kalyan,
When I checked with Magnum Honda in Bangalore, they charged me 3.5K for it, am not sure how effective it is. The one that you're talking about (costs 19,900), does it have camera and an LCD display or something?
The one that I am talking about (costs 3.5K) works on infrared sensor and a small B/W lcd display.
Jayanth, the one that I am talking about has 4 sensors and a beep mechanism(Autocop) and works pretty much the way you have mentioned yours does. No LCD display or anything of the sort is included in the price. I think thats the official Honda price. Outside, I can get the Autocop one for Rs 4,500.00 as well. I am worried about the warranty becoming void if I get it installed from outside.
Old 4th January 2010, 16:14   #28
BHPian

Hi kalyan,
As far as I know they may need to drill small holes in the bumper to fix the sensors. It is advisible to first check with the dealer before you go for the outside one. Did you ask them if they have other types? I think 19K is a lot of money for parking sensors.

I can't believe Indian cars don't come with parking sensors, esp when it is a must for our kind of traffic and roads. In Malaysia the ANHC comes with parking sensors. As a matter of fact most cars there come with it.
In any case I would suggest go with the one that serves the very purpose than a jazzy one. Contacting other dealers might be another option you may want to try.
Old 4th January 2010, 16:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Jayanth, the one that I am talking about has 4 sensors and a beep mechanism(Autocop) and works pretty much the way you have mentioned yours does. No LCD display or anything of the sort is included in the price. I think thats the official Honda price. Outside, I can get the Autocop one for Rs 4,500.00 as well. I am worried about the warranty becoming void if I get it installed from outside.
Then the price quote you got from the dealer is way too high. The model I got installed, has a small colour LCD display with a) proximity indicator in colours and bars b) distance in numbers, apart from audible alarms. That costed me Rs5500 and I am sure outside it will be at least Rs500 less. Please check with other dealers in Hyd.

You may want to ask the sales rep you are in touch with about the warranty aspects, if you get it done by outside vendors. If he is a good guy, he will help you in this.

Cheers
Pratim
pratim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 15:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
It is advisible to first check with the dealer before you go for the outside one. Contacting other dealers might be another option you may want to try.
I am not going to get them from outside. Will contact another Honda dealer we have here to see and find out if I can get something done.

Quote:
Then the price quote you got from the dealer is way too high. Please check with other dealers in Hyd. You may want to ask the sales rep you are in touch with about the warranty aspects, if you get it done by outside vendors.
I discussed the price quote with other BHPians and they confirmed that Honda official prices are in that range. I will check with another dealer if they can help me in any manner. My sales rep just told me that if the original Honda wiring is cut, I stand to lose the electrical warranty.